watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Huddersfield by coach.

Started by Bill2, April 19, 2017, 11:02:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill2

Was thinking of going to Huddersfield on Saturday. Website says coaches leaving from 7, which to me sounds rather early. Has anyone booked a ticket and is it 7?

_Putney_

Booked and yes it's 7.  I imagine there will be an hours break which will get us there at 12, 12:30.  Still early but at least we can go to the pub!

Roberty

They aim not to be late and have time to spare if there are any holdups - so the services stop on the way there is variable

On the way back there is just a short comfort break so we should be back in Hammersmith by 10pm (hopefully)
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

ffc73

I regularly travel by the club coach and invariably we leave early, stop for an hour and still get to the ground between 1pm and 2pm

However on Good Friday we were grateful for the early departure.  Terrible traffic, did not stop on route and got to Norwich at 2.15pm.  The coaches from Craven Cottage arrived at c2.45pm

fcfulham55

Get the train, Coach travel is boring. Arguably the worst mode of transport in the modern era.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

Bill2

Quote from: fcfulham55 on April 19, 2017, 12:51:03 PM
Get the train, Coach travel is boring. Arguably the worst mode of transport in the modern era.
Just looked at train prices and started at £85, so think not. So looks like club coach it is.

_Putney_

Quote from: Bill2 on April 19, 2017, 02:07:04 PM
Quote from: fcfulham55 on April 19, 2017, 12:51:03 PM
Just looked at train prices and started at £85, so think not. So looks like club coach it is.

Yeah, not worth the extra £80 pounds.

bobby01

That game at Portsmouth on the great escape the coaches left ridiculously early because of roadworks. However the roadworks were suspended and we got to the ground so early it was unreal, the away end chock full of Fulham, and if I remember correctly the refreshment kiosk, ran out of everything about an hour before kickoff.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Roberty

Quote from: bobby01 on April 19, 2017, 04:14:04 PM
That game at Portsmouth on the great escape the coaches left ridiculously early because of roadworks. However the roadworks were suspended and we got to the ground so early it was unreal, the away end chock full of Fulham, and if I remember correctly the refreshment kiosk, ran out of everything about an hour before kickoff.

I remember exactly - it's not a kiosk for a start - the steward told me that the converted portacabin was "The Buffet"

They started off with almost nothing because someone had turned off the electricity before going home the previous evening - so the ice cream had melted, the food they reheat had gone off and there were no cold drinks.

So it was a gooey mars bar and a warm fanta for my son and I

The only saving grace from the whole trip was being in the right place to see Murphy "leap like a salmon"
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Bill2

Quote from: Roberty on April 19, 2017, 04:25:27 PM
Quote from: bobby01 on April 19, 2017, 04:14:04 PM

I remember exactly - it's not a kiosk for a start - the steward told me that the converted portacabin was "The Buffet"

They started off with almost nothing because someone had turned off the electricity before going home the previous evening - so the ice cream had melted, the food they reheat had gone off and there were no cold drinks.

So it was a gooey mars bar and a warm fanta for my son and I

The only saving grace from the whole trip was being in the right place to see Murphy "leap like a salmon"
Don't recall that as drove to Portsmouth and don't recall seeing any catering facilities. I know the toilets were reminiscent of the outside gents loo at the Durrell Arms from the 60s.

Anyway have booked my ticket, you will recognise me on the coach as will be in my pyjama's. Hope I can get parked OK, going from CC, but at that time should not be too much of a problem, I hope.