watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Kodjia ban reduced to one game.

Started by MaidenheadMick, April 19, 2017, 09:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaidenheadMick

Sent off for violent conduct but the FA deem the three game ban a bit harsh so reduce it to one. Double standards if you ask me, but there again, he does play for a 'big team' in the Championship. Violent conduct is violent conduct, you can't gloss over it.

Bassey the warrior

Absolutely. Having said that Fredericks could've been sent off as well so could be worse.

westcliff white

Still found guilty but length of ban seen as excessive by the independent panel
Every day is a Fulham day

Woolly Mammoth

Has he got a couple of work mates called Crocker and Stavros.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Barrett487

I thought sendings off were black and white. To have his ban reduced to one game suggests there's loads of grey!!

Rescind it or uphold it ffs! 

For my piece.... Ryan made an exaggerated effort to intimidate but made no conduct. Kodja kicked Ryan in the midriff, which is inexcusable.   How can they reduce violence to violence-ish.... ????

Woolly Mammoth

Sendings off for violent conduct are generally Black & Blue, but Fredericks was in Black & White.

Never forget your Roots.

EJL

How is going to kick someone, if you stop halfway through the motion, anything other than violent conduct?

toshes mate

Sorry, but the authorities do not know their asses from their elbows.  Martin's offence was seen as intentional use of the elbow and the appeal, in my opinion correctly, turned down.  Kodjia, at the very least  committed two separate card worthy offences, Fredericks struck from behind and then kicked whilst prone, and only media coverage, complete with unbiased (sic) commentary, has been utilised, as it has many times, to the benefit of injustice to the game.   And please stop the use of the term 'independent panel' when we know there is no such thing as independence in football, save for pecking order.  The Villa lad's offence was seen from two 3D angles by the officials, from behind and from face on.  The media then give us several 2D shots until one shows that Fredericks may have been a very naughty boy too.  The word 'may' is crucial.   If Martin's offence was intentional then Kodjia's offence was doubly so and involved two serious violations of the rules.

What would have been made of Martin's offence if there had been many more angles of view (all 2D don't let that get is the way of the incompetence of the authorities), we will never know.  Football is run by asses and as long as they remain in post will never be a fair game with fair justice.   They are just playing to form, as usual, and punishing our dear Club for having the temerity to exist.

Perhaps we need to have an investigation into the English football authorities.  Elsewhere investigation into large officiating bodies has demonstrated that all is far from well.   We'll just carry on playing the game as well as we can until the asses make way for something better.

westcliff white

Quote from: jamesffc on April 19, 2017, 10:48:56 PM
Personally I think he was incredibly unlucky to get sent off. The intention was initially all there but looked like he pulled away from it and no real connection made. But hey ho, I'm no ref! Just happy it went our way for once.
I dont think he was unblucky at all, he put his foot into the side of the player in a kicxking motion thats dangerous play and ared card, we wer emore lucky that Fred wasnt sent off too.

westcliff white

If you read the decision from the "independant panel" they dismissed the appeal and upheld the decision, however they said the 3 game ban was excessive for the incedent and reduced it to one game. For me thats a joke but hey ho

Southcoastffc

I wonder if the 'excessive punishment' was reduced because Kodjia's action was considered to be retaliation rather than just violent action?  Seen in real time from the Hammy End I thought it was just  a kick by Kodjia but having seen it from several angles since, I think Fred is far from innocent. As I see it -  Kodj pushed Fred, Fred put his boots into Kodj, Kodj kicked Fred. 
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

EastEndWhite

gang

Quote from: Barrett487 on April 19, 2017, 11:13:56 PM
I thought sendings off were black and white. To have his ban reduced to one game suggests there's loads of grey!!

Rescind it or uphold it ffs! 

For my piece.... Ryan made an exaggerated effort to intimidate but made no conduct. Kodja kicked Ryan in the midriff, which is

inexcusable.   How can they reduce violence to violence-ish.... ????

Agree, it is like being almost pregnant.

Woolly Mammoth

Never forget your Roots.

nose

Quote from: toshes mate on April 20, 2017, 05:21:05 AM
Sorry, but the authorities do not know their asses from their elbows.  Martin's offence was seen as intentional use of the elbow and the appeal, in my opinion correctly, turned down.  Kodjia, at the very least  committed two separate card worthy offences, Fredericks struck from behind and then kicked whilst prone, and only media coverage, complete with unbiased (sic) commentary, has been utilised, as it has many times, to the benefit of injustice to the game.   And please stop the use of the term 'independent panel' when we know there is no such thing as independence in football, save for pecking order.  The Villa lad's offence was seen from two 3D angles by the officials, from behind and from face on.  The media then give us several 2D shots until one shows that Fredericks may have been a very naughty boy too.  The word 'may' is crucial.   If Martin's offence was intentional then Kodjia's offence was doubly so and involved two serious violations of the rules.

What would have been made of Martin's offence if there had been many more angles of view (all 2D don't let that get is the way of the incompetence of the authorities), we will never know.  Football is run by asses and as long as they remain in post will never be a fair game with fair justice.   They are just playing to form, as usual, and punishing our dear Club for having the temerity to exist.

Perhaps we need to have an investigation into the English football authorities.  Elsewhere investigation into large officiating bodies has demonstrated that all is far from well.   We'll just carry on playing the game as well as we can until the asses make way for something better.

I cannot agree more. If this is reduced IMO correctly to one match then martin was clearly the same neck of the woods!

The authorities make up whatever they want to make up as they go along.

And whilst we are on the subject, two teams from Madrid qualify based entirely on the most astonishingly poor refereeing decisions. I suspect this was a milanVLeeds situation and Panorama will expose the truth in three to four years.

Woolly Mammoth

I thought two of Real Madrids goals looked offside.

Never forget your Roots.