watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We could quite easily

Started by Wearethewhites, April 23, 2017, 10:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wearethewhites

Get dumped out of the playoffs, as quickly as we crept into them, so let's not start getting above our stations, by taking the pee out of Leeds, Brentford etc, as we all know what happens.

Don't get me wrong, not singling anyone out here, or being negative, I just feel we should keep the trend, reset the 'next game' button, and treat Brentford exactly as that, nothing more.

After watching us completely destroy Huddersfield, I'm 100% confident we can also blow Brentford away, we're a much better team, even though they are in form, but our mindsets need to come away from it being a derby, with all the bragging rights.

Nice if it happens, but come next Saturday, I'm hoping Slav sets the boys up like this.

Brentford are, just another team.

Lighthouse

That is the nature of the beast isn't it? I have been following Fulham too long not to know that we will lose to Brentford and have to wait until the last game of the season to worry. But then I also never expected to be in this position anyway. The more modern outlook is to be confident about things after the results have gone our way. I am pretty sure we will be destroyed by a passing alien anyway if we make the playoffs.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Woolly Mammoth

Yes it's almost too good to be true. Nevertheless, having watched the performances of this absorbing and explosive run of hard earned victories. I am beginning to believe it myself. However, Fulham are Fulham, and no doubt there are twists and turns, but Jok and the team have got the flavour, and it's ticking over nicely. I would love to be a fly on the wall in the dressing rooms of the other 4 who are battling for a play off place, surely one of them will be the odd one out.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

davew

You lads are too negative, you should have been following my 5.500ish postings, only 5,489 were positive but now I feel positive i.e the wife has bought me another bottle of tonic to continue celebrating where FFC are now! They have exceeded all our expectations, obviously if we miss getting into the play offs, or worse that we get there and we get beaten, well so be it, I will return to my former negative comments, but until then... I remain positive!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: davew on April 23, 2017, 11:27:45 PM
You lads are too negative, you should have been following my 5.500ish postings, only 5,489 were positive but now I feel positive i.e the wife has bought me another bottle of tonic to continue celebrating where FFC are now! They have exceeded all our expectations, obviously if we miss getting into the play offs, or worse that we get there and we get beaten, well so be it, I will return to my former negative comments, but until then... I remain positive!!

If you were a Battery, would you be positive or negative.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

Forget all that has gone before.  Turn up on the day.  Play as well as you know you can, for yourself, for the team, for the supporters.  No match is won in the first minute and no match is lost until the final whistle blows.  Saturday's game is the forty fifth time you have gone through this process and it is no different to the forty four that have gone before.

VB

FULHAMISH: The more things change, The more they stay the same

sunburywhite

I can see it all in front of me

We lose our next two, Leeds win their next one and lose their last one so we scrape through on goal difference
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

filham

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 23, 2017, 11:31:59 PM
Quote from: davew on April 23, 2017, 11:27:45 PM

If you were a Battery, would you be positive or negative.
Remember a battery can be flat.

filham

All of the above is only too true.
We are at a season high but we were at a peak following that magnificent win at Newcastle but then remember the two following games at home to Blackburn and Wolves ( both much lower in the table than Brentford).

We need the three points on Saturday but make no mistake it is going to need a performance of some character to get them

Denver Fulham

Anything can happen in football, but Brentford are not a very good away side and we dominated them at their place, where they have been very good this season. We can be a bit nervy at home, but this is really all on us, and not really on the opponent. We should handle Brentford at home more often than not.

filham

Quote from: Denver Fulham on April 24, 2017, 06:33:05 PM
Anything can happen in football, but Brentford are not a very good away side and we dominated them at their place, where they have been very good this season. We can be a bit nervy at home, but this is really all on us, and not really on the opponent. We should handle Brentford at home more often than not.
True if this were an ordinary end of season match but for our young team there is so much more at stake than three meaningless points.
This is going to be a test of character for our boys.