News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Would a prolific striker actually help us?

Started by J.Perkins, April 17, 2017, 08:49:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom_FFC

I've always wondered how many tap ins we would have scored this season if we had a player like Chris Wood upfront.
The games Martin doesn't play, we often lack that killer instinct in the box. I've lost count the amount of crosses we have flashed across goal in those games with no one attacking it.

Barrett487

Think of all the missed penalties. Cairney may be starting to slot them in now, but a reliable penalty taker earlier on in the season was more of a miss (see what i did there).

Regarding a striker, i agree with the Defoe-style comment, maybe there's one out there.

Carborundum

Quote from: Snibbo on April 25, 2017, 09:24:01 AM
I've sometimes wondered what we'd have been like with Moussa Dembele II still in the side. Who would you drop though. Don't think you can drop Aluko - he's a constant creator of problems for the oppo. Ayite has been great since he came back from Afcon. Which leaves really Sess and Martin who have been filling that third forward role of late.
We'd be promoted already.  That lad is far too good for Championship defenders.  His pace and strength would have prompted them to play on average a bit further back leaving more precious space for others to exploit. Cairney, Aluko, Ayite all thrive on space and the reason our goals are so evenly spread is that whilst one or two can be marked out of the game, they can't all be.

toshes mate

I think some people are missing the point about rotating the front three during a game, not allowing defenders to man mark, or, if they do man mark, to get dragged out of position.  In most recent games we have created many more openings than goals scored and the only reason you'd wish for a better striker is if you found someone who'd take every chance offered.  I am not sure such a player has existed or ever will exist although some have come closer than others.