watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Can we make 3rd or 4th place?

Started by Apprentice to the Maestro, April 22, 2017, 07:51:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

if away goals counted as a breaker then I think being at home second leg is more important, but they don't so its of less importance. Our home record is not as good as our away. At home we have won 10, drawn 7 and lost 5 the 15th best record in the division, our away record is won 11 drawn 6 lost 5 the second best record in the division. Based ion that I w9uld rather be away in the second leg if we make the playoffs
Every day is a Fulham day

Woolly Mammoth

We are as good away, as we are at home, if not better. But it would be better to play the second leg at home. But it's no problem if we are unable to.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Jonaldiniho 88

I think there is an advantage if extra time is reached being at home. You get the ball, the crowd roars you forward may just give you 5% more than your tired legs want to give. I remember the europa cup run and when the cottage was rocking it must have given the players a boost. Can't see us making third tbh and I think we are good enough regardless.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: FFC73 on April 22, 2017, 08:48:09 PM
I really do not care as I believe we can give as good as we get against any of the probable play off candidates.

Cannot see Reading not winning next week at home to Wigan so we will likely have to win both our remaining games to have any chance of finishing above them and Wednesday

I am more concerned about Brentford next week. Win that & I'll start thinking about the playoffs. Still have a gut wrenching nervousness about throwing this all away in last 2 games

Pleased to read Joka's comments. He is focused on next game. I don't think he will let the players start thinking of playoffs yet. Job still to be done

It wasn't too long ago we thought we'd thrown it away after the Wolves and Blackburn games.
Prior to those we were on a high after Newcastle and then down again after the Derby drubbing.
Since then ......Wow

Keep positive and just hope we don't have 2 'freak' games (against our form)
Not worth thinking about
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

TheDutchCottager

Win against Brentford is all that matters ATM.

EastEndWhite

I'll worry about this once we have confirmed our place in the playoffs.

toshes mate

The main strength of having home leg advantage last is if the tie is close after the first game.  Then if extra time and penalties are required the home crowd can lift a side, but audience anxiety can also work the other way.  Personally speaking I don't think it matters.  The important thing is to play the games separately as entities in their own right and not as a 180 minute game.  That way you can get a result in both games.