watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Can Woodrow and humphrys play

Started by fulhamben, April 20, 2017, 08:35:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

In the play offs should we get there. It's clear slavisa doesn't fancy Cyriac so would be nice to have one striker in the squad should we make the play offs. One that we can trust that is
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

fulhamben

Quote from: Statto on April 20, 2017, 08:37:32 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on April 20, 2017, 08:35:01 PM
In the play offs should we get there. It's clear slavisa doesn't fancy Cyriac so would be nice to have one striker in the squad should we make the play offs. One that we can trust that is

I'd rather play Martin, Cyriac, Ayite, Kebano or Piazon (in that order) up front that either of those two and I'm sure Slavisa would too so I think it's a bit of a moot point
why would you play Martin?

Woolly Mammoth

It would be nice to have all of them to choose from, seeing as we could still have six matches to negotiate. Including home and away legs, culminating in those wide open spaces of Wembley.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

cmg

Whereas Martin could play in the play-offs (provided he doesn't get any more suspensions), neither Woodrow nor Humphrys nor anybody loaned by us to another club would be eligible.

fulhamben

Quote from: Statto on April 20, 2017, 08:45:50 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on April 20, 2017, 08:38:15 PM

I'd rather play Martin, Cyriac, Ayite, Kebano or Piazon (in that order) up front that either of those two and I'm sure Slavisa would too so I think it's a bit of a moot point

Because he's our top scorer and one of the best strikers in the division as you well know ;)  086.gif
you don't even get that excuse anymore. He is joint top scorer alongside johansson ;)

Andy S

Do Loans run until 30th June or is it until clubs finish their matches?

cmg

EFL Reg 53.1.4   "A Player whose Standard Loan expires (or terminates) at the end of the Season of the Transferee Club but prior to the completion of the League Matches of his Transferor Club (where it is a Member Club) will not be eligible to play in any remaining League Matches for the Transferor Club in that Season."

Play-offs are considered (quite reasonably) to be part of the season.

Jem

As much as this surprises me, I would choose Martin over the others. Even if he was the most selfish player in the division, his stock would go up if we made the play offs or the final. That could work in our favour.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

bill taylors apprentice

I think its more likely the manager endeavours to play the players he knows and sensebily disrupts the team as little as possible, therefore Cyriac is on the outside compared to other's not because he doesn't rate him.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on April 20, 2017, 10:28:08 PM

I think its more likely the manager endeavours to play the players he knows and sensibly disrupts the team as little as possible, therefore Cyriac is on the outside compared to other's not because he doesn't rate him.

rvFFC

Forever Fulham

I've come around to believe Slava could make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.  But not in a few days.   The regulars know each other instinctively now, how they'll react/situational football.  Not the time to make big experiments. However, if he were to take a chance on others/youth, forward is the one position on which you could take that gamble.  Sometimes when you throw a kid in there, magic happens.  They have no fear, which makes them dangerous.

..FOF..

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on April 20, 2017, 10:28:08 PM

I think its more likely the manager endeavours to play the players he knows and sensebily disrupts the team as little as possible, therefore Cyriac is on the outside compared to other's not because he doesn't rate him.

I agree with this analysis.

Cyriac probably still needs time to gel with the team or adjust to a new living environment.

Some players can immediately fit it, some will need more time.

Joka is a very careful person when it comes to man management. Just look at how he is protecting Sess, his patience with Betts and Kebano.

Snibbo

It's clear slavisa doesn't fancy Cyriac

I don't think that's clear at all. He just has several options including Cyriac, Piazon and Kebano, to play up front with any combination of Ayite, Aluko, Martin (when available) and occasionally Sess.

I'm pretty sure we'll see Cyriac in some role before the end of the season, but think it's highly unlikely Woodrow or Humphries will get ahead of the above.

We Are Premier League

What about the PL2 playoff?  could do with a handful of players back from loan

Chutney

Quote from: Statto on April 20, 2017, 08:45:50 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on April 20, 2017, 08:38:15 PM

Because he's our top scorer and one of the best strikers in the division as you well know ;)  086.gif

He is neither of those things.
C O Y W