watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I hope we don't get Wednesday in the first round of the Play-Offs

Started by Andy S, April 25, 2017, 02:42:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

I know we are not there yet but but should we have to play them it could be on the 7th 13th & 16th May. We won't win all of those and that could spell trouble. When teams play each other in quick succession It usually tips up to some extent. We need to meet them in the final. A different pitch to think about

Andy S

You play a team three times and see what you get. Remember Ipswich Boxing day 1963 We won 10-1 our all time record score when we played them a day later lost the return 1-0

Woolly Mammoth

I am not that bothered who we get. I fear nobody, but I am aware of some. Over two legs should be in our favour. So bring who ever on, whoever we play it's a challenge, being selective may show a chink in the armour. What we already know about Wednesday is enough. We know they are from Sheffield, and we know there are 11 of them.
That will do me, the rest is for our manager to deal with, that's what he gets well payed for.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

alfie

Quote from: Andy S on April 25, 2017, 02:42:10 PM
I know we are not there yet but but should we have to play them it could be on the 7th 13th & 16th May. We won't win all of those and that could spell trouble. When teams play each other in quick succession It usually tips up to some extent. We need to meet them in the final. A different pitch to think about

Equally we may win all of those
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Woolly Mammoth

We may not need to win them all, but it won't stop us from trying to win.

Never forget your Roots.

westcliff white

It doeant matter who we get, we just need to be laying as we have been and we are not even in them yet.

Every day is a Fulham day

gang

Quote from: Andy S on April 25, 2017, 04:00:12 PM
You play a team three times and see what you get. Remember Ipswich Boxing day 1963 We won 10-1 our all time record score when we played them a day later lost the return 1-0

Saw both games, the away game we lost 4-2 though.

filham

I want to take three points from Brentford which will make the 7th May match meaningless and then avoid Wednesday in the play off matches.

Don't feel at all comfortable about Wednesday, they are best avoided.

F(f)CUK

I agree that I want to avoid Wednesday as I think they are the stiffest competition.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: F(f)CUK on April 25, 2017, 07:08:21 PM
I agree that I want to avoid Wednesday as I think they are the stiffest competition.

We may have to play on a Wednesday. ⚽️⚽️

Never forget your Roots.

General

We could not play them in the playoffs - they may play another team in the semi-finals and not get past them... that said we could not get to the finals and play a different team in the semi final...

Out of all the teams in the playoff spots they worry me the most, purely because of the game we played against them where we drew at the cottage and the way the played.. they were the only team - albeit dirtily - that seemingly stifled us this season, but our team that played them was different and in a different run of form...

fulhamben

id rather 2 goes at wednseday than a one off in the final. id fancy us to do reading and huddersfield at wembley, not so much wednesday
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

JoelH5

Quote from: fulhamben on April 25, 2017, 08:59:09 PM
id rather 2 goes at wednseday than a one off in the final. id fancy us to do reading and huddersfield at wembley, not so much wednesday

This exactly. Look at their results.. they scrape all their wins. It's a lot less likely to get a lucky win if it's over two games
I was there, standing in the Putney end

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 25, 2017, 07:33:31 PM
Quote from: F(f)CUK on April 25, 2017, 07:08:21 PM

We may have to play on a Wednesday. ⚽️⚽️
Well if it's on a Wednesday we will have to be fully United, as we may well be in a Town, a City, or a County where we have either a terrible record or possibly never played before!

VisitingOwl

Hi all, Wednesday fan visiting (as the name suggests).Hoping to get the play off place guaranteed same as you are.

Interesting to see how fans of all teams concerned view each other.Not sure anyone wants to play you really especially attack vs attack.
I'd be fairly happy playing yourselves though and Huddersfield (Done the double over them) though as i think we can drag teams into a war of attrition and have the players to nick a win.
We've struggled badly with Reading and Leeds and Leeds in particular are probably our worst prospect as we still get bullied like Hull did to us in the final.We have struggled this season and had a lot of dire games where we just can't create much.Thankfully we're hitting form finally although most of us feel we should have had a far better run at the top 2.
We saw you coming quite a while ago just putting a run together and most Wednesday fans have always rated Jokanovic, many wanted him if Carlos left us.
Johansen looks key for you and you'll need him back ,Cairney along with Shelvey probably the best 2 midfielders in the league.
Always liked Fulham as a club and rather have you go up if we don't but we know we won't get a shot at 3 non-parachute payment clubs again and being inside Wembley after losing in the final is one of the worst feelings ever.
Should be a good exciting end to the season at least.

Woolly Mammoth

I would imagine the Owls do not give a Hoot who they play.

Never forget your Roots.

F(f)CUK

This is our last year of parachute payments and is one of the main reasons that I am desperate for us to get promoted this year.

Woolly Mammoth

[squote author=F(f)CUK link=topic=59477.msg859921#msg859921 date=1493186643]
This is our last year of parachute payments and is one of the main reasons that I am desperate for us to get promoted this year.
[/quote]

Yes the sooner we get back to the top flight the better. This could be our best chance we may get, as there is never an ideal time, you grab every opportunity, and this could be the best opportunity we may get for a while, as you never know what next season may bring.

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

To be the best you have to beat all the others.  Doesn't matter to me who we play in the final games of our season - we just need to win them all and help all the doubters to truly believe once again.