watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: Random H&S Question

Started by SP, April 25, 2017, 08:01:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rweller86

He was saying that he must finish. Probably gibberish, but his intention was to finish the race.
@rweller

filham

Quote from: rweller86 on April 26, 2017, 12:12:00 PM
He was saying that he must finish. Probably gibberish, but his intention was to finish the race.
Yes, but the question is was he in a fit state and of  sound mind and capable of making such a decision.

rweller86

Quote from: filham on April 26, 2017, 05:46:04 PM
Quote from: rweller86 on April 26, 2017, 12:12:00 PM
Yes, but the question is was he in a fit state and of  sound mind and capable of making such a decision.
If it was not on the final few hundred yards it would have been different maybe. Even if he wasn't in a fit state mentally, he was upright, conscious and wanting to finish the race. There are more people on hand at the finish line than where he was when he was helped along!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@rweller

SP

Quote from: filham on April 26, 2017, 10:04:10 AM
I do wonder if it makes sense to encourage a runner to continue who cannot stand on his own two feet and is not in command of his senses. No way would you send a footballer onto a pitch in that condition.

Nail hit firmly on head, I wasn't questioning the importance of H&S legislation.  Regarding the London Marathin incident I was referring to, he wasn't acting in a 1st Aider, he simply helped get his fellow (collapsed) runner over the finishing line.

Anyway, query answered, so thanks to all.

stevehawkinslidingtackle

A mate of mine did the marathon in a 1991 and swore the day after that he overtook an ambling Jimmy Saville 3 times. Swore blind then he must have cheated because my pal did it in about 3 1/2 hrs and said Saville was treading water. Shame he didn't drop dead on the line.