watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Nevland

Started by LordFloyd, February 04, 2010, 04:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LordFloyd

What a contrast he is.  He was a completely different player to the rubbish he produced when starting on saturday.

Jimpav

He does seem to be limited to the role of super sub doesn't he?

Maybe Woy has to wind him up for 70 minutes.

RidgeRider

He is a super sub. I think he has only been played as a starter when required due to the thinness in the ranks or in non Prem games. He is a very good player and fills his role well. Glad he is staying with us.

NickW

I read an interview with Nevland a few months ago, when he said that he was quite happy playing th super-sub role.

He also mentioned that he finds that he can be more effective in that role, because he likes to analyse the opposition defence during the game, and spot potential weaknesses. Nevland doesn't have the pace or the legs to trouble defences for 90+ minutes, but his mind is so sharp that he is an ideal player to bring on when there's 25 minutes left or so. His movement in particular is very intelligent, he has good acceleration (if not searing pace) and he is a very competent finisher.

mattiesafer

Quote from: Jimpav on February 04, 2010, 04:25:16 PM
He does seem to be limited to the role of super sub doesn't he?

Maybe Woy has to wind him up for 70 minutes.

Literally or figuratively?

Jimpav

Literally!

Don't get me wrong, Eric is a fantastic player and certainly the most clinical finisher we have had had at at the club for a long time - just a shame we didn't sign him when he was younger. His accuracy, combined with a bit more pace would make him even deadlier.

FFCOutpostCommander

Typical case of youth being wasted on the young. Good thing is Nevland's experience and vision lets him keep up with the pace even if only for 20-30 minutes a match. I like the comment about him reading the opposition before he goes on, very smart indeed. Has he said that in an interview? I'd like to read about it if you could list the source.
Quietly holding down the fort in Northern NJ, USA