watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team against Wednesday

Started by We Are Premier League, April 29, 2017, 06:57:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

We Are Premier League

I am almost certain that joka will field an almost unchanged side, but this is still what i hope we put out there.

Kebano     martin     cyriac
                 Piazon
          Parker    the greek
Malone    madl   sig     odoi
                  Betts

grandad

He hinted in his press conference that some players have played many minutes & that he would have to consider what his options are. I guess he will rest Cairney, Johansen, McDonald, Aluko ,Kalas & Ream at least.
Where there's a will there's a wife

res

Could rest a few legs and bring in a couple of new sets...George Williams, Christensen recall from Burton (now they are safe from relegation)? Difficult to call as you want to minimise injury risk but not want to stop momentum; also how are SW going to treat it... go for third spot hoping that Reading slip up, or take it easy and accept either third of fourth spot depending on Huddersfield's result?
From our point of view I would have thought that 2 legs against Reading is preferable to 2 legs against SW...which implies us going for the win to stop SW getting third spot.
Bit complicated and difficult to call! The one certainty though is the priority of avoiding injury and red card suspensions.

filham

We want the sixth place, seems the best way of avoiding Wednesday and we need to rest the team next Saturday and avoid injury and tiredness. However we don't want to let in  six or seven goals just in case Leeds knock in six or seven.

Difficult team selection next week.

davew

Sheff Weds won't try for 3rd, why bother they will face us again!! There best chance of getting to the final is finishing 4th or 5th!!! They will be playing for a draw at best!!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

St Eve

There will be half a dozen players rested. The same as Wednesday. It will be a draw and we meet Reading in the playoffs and hopefully Huddersfield at Wembley. I will fly over from New York with my kids and meet up with my friends and watch us romp back into the premiership. Oh and I mat have a few pints of London Pride and a couple of pork pies

millsy

We finish 6th whatever Wednesday or Reading do. This means we play whoever finishes 3rd, at home on either Sat evg 13th or Sun noon the next day.

It seems certain we'll rest our key players and very likely Weds will do the same. This makes the result pretty hard to predict but we have to put in a solid performance of some sort, just in case of a complete collapse by Wigan to a Leeds team who have nothing to lose by going for it. Far-fetched I know but Jocanovic is a professional and I think can be trusted not to do anything silly with the team selection.

Wonder how much Reading will want to win at Burton as 3 pts would secure 3rd and pit them against us over 2 legs, which I'm sure they would prefer to avoid. Having said that, I think all 4 contenders look quite formidable at this stage and as Jocanovic says, "we have a 25% chance" from here.

Not many of us foresaw this outcome to our season and I have to say I'm delighted with what's been achieved already and anything more will be a bonus. Proud of our team right now!

Apprentice to the Maestro

As we cannot improve our position from 6th position we can only hope to influence whether or not Wednesday finish third. Most seem to think that Wednesday are the team we want to avoid in the semi-finals so we would like to win or at least draw. But that would suggest we should play a strong team so giving Wednesday practice against what would be close to our play-off lineup. That is something we would like to avoid plus it would also mean that we would not be resting key players.

My feeling today would be to keep the majority of our defence: Betts, Malone, Ream and Kalas, resting Fredericks for Odoi on the basis of keeping Fredericks, one of our best attacking options, under wraps.

Our attack today looked out of sorts so I would be happy to rest Ayite and Aluko and also Sessegnon and give outings to Piazon, Kebano and Cyriac. Sessegnon could then come on as substitute for Malone at some stage.

Ideally then you would also like to rest some of our midfield, particularly the most influential in Cairney and Johansen. Could Parker do 60 minutes and could Petsos come in? Alternatively Martin could come in in the forward line and Piazon could play in midfield?

As others have said, the game may also be influenced by what outcome Wednesday might want. If Wednesday also most want to avoid us then maybe it will be played out as a tedious 0-0 draw!