watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tactics and team for The Owls

Started by Robbie, April 30, 2017, 12:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Play basically the full side, it's not only keeping the momentum, but ensuring that we deny Wednesday any points so we end up playing Reading probably or maybe Huddersfield, and possibly meet Wednesday at Wembley and those wide open spaces.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

NogoodBoyo

The permutations make my hair hurt.  So, play to win but with Martin upfront, replacements for Cairney, Johansen, Kalas and Frederick.  No reason at all to rest Betts.
Nogood "very tricky for the manager, itis" Boyo

toshes mate

Quote from: Arthur on April 30, 2017, 05:57:55 PM
I think Jokanovic is more pragmatic: he'll use Martin in the play-offs if he thinks it will help us - even if he has no intention of signing him on a permanent basis should we get promoted.

My feelings too.  SJ has not shown panic at any point during the season, especially when Martin threw his toys.   He has no reason to change what has worked for the team so far, and the key to Sunday's game is more of the same.   We have to beat two out of the three other play off contenders and I believe we can do it no matter who they are.

AnEssexFan

I'd like to see Slavisa rest most of our usual starting 11 so as to protect them from a possibly over physical Wednesday. It'd also give some valuable match fitness to some squad players and valuable experience to some of our promising youngsters.                 

Betts

Odoi     Sigurdsson     Madl      Malone

Adeniran      Parker

Kebano          De la Torre           Edun

Martin
@leightonrw07

AlexW132

If I know Slavisa, he's not gonna do a Wagner and allow us to get beat. It'll be almost the same lineup, with maybe one or two rested. We need to win this game to set down a marker for the playoffs, and also to keep the momentum going and keep our players match sharp. In my lineup, it's imperative that Johansen has a rest as he's been very much on the verge of injury of late

Bettinelli
Odoi
Madl
Ream
Malone
McDonald
Parker
Aluko
Cairney
Kebano
Martin

Subs:
Button
Fredericks
Sigurdsson
Sessegnon
Piazon
Williams
Humphrys

nose

I think slava will play to win but not risk anybody that is not 100%
Better to go into the play offs battle ready rather than potential stiff from sitting down too long
having said that i would perhaps give cyriac a proper turn and also kebano....   a win on saturday will be a strong statement of intent and frighten the others. The media have bigged us up as have the bookies unfortuately, so let us maximise that.