more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Woman footballer of the year

Started by epsomraver, May 01, 2017, 01:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

love4ffc

Quote from: epsomraver on May 01, 2017, 09:08:09 PM
Try reading the Op before getting all PC, my point was that the BBC are intent on pushing women into male dominated sports yet do not reciprocate with woman only sports, also they give women's footbal a much higher profile than it deserves

Here in the States I think it goes both ways for male and female sports.  I have seen several times where male commentators are working with female commentators during women sports.  Nothing funnier then when a women commentator points out or corrects her male counter part who thinks he knows everything. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Lighthouse

The BBC I presume have the contract for Womens football while C5 have the Football league contract.

As for commentators. Some female reporters are great and some are crap. Much like the men.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 01, 2017, 09:21:42 PM
The BBC I presume have the contract for Womens football while C5 have the Football league contract.

As for commentators. Some female reporters are great and some are crap. Much like the men.
Yep - likewise women footballers.  Rachel Yankey was a wonderful player to watch.  Had there been a mixed team, I'd loved to have seen her on one wing and Boa on the other.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

stevehawkinslidingtackle

Some think womens football is good. I personally think its like watching a game of FIFA. Watching a woman head the ball or a woman flying about in goal mostly looks weird. But to start comparing someones opinion of womens football with racism,  is just wrong. There are plenty of woman out there that think womens football, on a whole, is rubbish. Are they allowed to voice their opinion ?
Anyway, most guys who have played a decent standard of football would admit, when the lynch mob isn't out, that womens football is naff.

This was a great penalty shoot out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyLGI5egHTY

love4ffc

Quote from: stevehawkinslidingtackle on May 01, 2017, 10:03:11 PM
Some think womens football is good. I personally think its like watching a game of FIFA. Watching a woman head the ball or a woman flying about in goal mostly looks weird. But to start comparing someones opinion of womens football with racism,  is just wrong. There are plenty of woman out there that think womens football, on a whole, is rubbish. Are they allowed to voice their opinion ?
Anyway, most guys who have played a decent standard of football would admit, when the lynch mob isn't out, that womens football is naff.

Sorry you can't post a video like that one with out reciprocating with one like this....

Even the best of players miss them. 

Southcoastffc

There's none so blind as those who do not wish to see.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

love4ffc

Quote from: Southcoastffc on May 01, 2017, 10:35:28 PM

There's none so blind as those who do not wish to see.
0001.jpeg  :wine:

stevehawkinslidingtackle

Quote from: love4ffc on May 01, 2017, 10:19:52 PM

Sorry you can't post a video like that one with out reciprocating with one like this....

Even the best of players miss them.

Fair enough, I now think womens footy is magic. Who fancies getting a season ticket with me for Arsenal ladies ?  094.gif

Baszab

It's not a debate on whether women's or mens' football is " better "

Look at the crowd on the international women's penalty shoot out

It's BBC's pathetic pandering to minority sports that is so typical of their desperate aim to be all inclusive to everyone that is shocking

How can women's football receive the same (or more) prominence  from the BBC than the Championship - the 4th highest attendances in Europe

cmg

Quote from: epsomraver on May 01, 2017, 05:55:27 PM
Exactly Twig,I get fed up with the BBC keep foistering women's football on us,same as women commentators and interviewers, if it is for equality then why do only women commentate on women's football and cricket matches, same happening to Rugby

Whatever the merits of women's sports, it is simply untrue to say that only women commentate on women's sports.

This is from the BBC. Sounds like Jonathan Pearce to me.

There are dozens of clips on Youtube. Almost all have male commentators.
(They include some of Sone Aluko's big sister, Eniola, demonstrating where the finishing ability in the family is found.)

Women's cricket has male commentators too.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: AlexW132 on May 01, 2017, 09:08:40 PM
Try reading the Op before getting all PC, my point was that the BBC are intent on pushing women into male dominated sports yet do not reciprocate with woman only sports, also they give women's footbal a much higher profile than it deserves
It was more with Mince's comments that I had a problem

That's the problem with you liberal PC brigade you take everything to heart, instead of seeing a bit of banter in something,and by the way my missus was a fair player in her day for Cambridge City Ladies.

Barrett487

Quote from: Baszab on May 01, 2017, 10:53:09 PM
It's not a debate on whether women's or mens' football is " better "

Look at the crowd on the international women's penalty shoot out

It's BBC's pathetic pandering to minority sports that is so typical of their desperate aim to be all inclusive to everyone that is shocking

How can women's football receive the same (or more) prominence  from the BBC than the Championship - the 4th highest attendances in Europe

Fair enough, but don't belittle it... embrace the growth of women's football. When we watch the Olympics we embrace all sports. TV and gambling will dictate how big it becomes, sad to say. In ten years time it 'could' be the in sport.

Barrett487

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 01, 2017, 11:33:08 PM
Quote from: AlexW132 on May 01, 2017, 09:08:40 PM
It was more with Mince's comments that I had a problem

That's the problem with you liberal PC brigade you take everything to heart, instead of seeing a bit of banter in something,and by the way my missus was a fair player in her day for Cambridge City Ladies.

There's banter and then there's respect. Banter is great as long as it's made plain if it is humour with no intent to upset. I like your posts Mince, but be careful. I'm not a fan of 'nanny state', but please be respectful.

I won't post again on this thread, i know how it can go.

Lighthouse

I can watch and listen to tennis as much as I can watch or listen to football. It is just my Summer sport. But I see the womens game in the same way as I see the womens football. I treat it almost as a different sport. The skill is different and the physicality is different. The biggest difference in football are the keepers. Women keepers are mostly very poor in comparison. But that is like saying the serve in womens tennis isn't so fast so it isn't as good.

Blaming the BBC for covering one of the few things they can afford is equally wide of the mark. They are a mismanaged organisation who just try and afford the things they can while paying huge wages to people who never watch tv or listen to the radio.

A bigger question is why do women tennis players get paid the same as the men in most Grand Slams when their sport goes on over a much smaller time period. Or do we judge payment by bums on seats?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Samsara

i love fulham and Our supporters but some of the comments in this thread are pretty ignorant if they make a point at all. What sort of weird elitism it is to complain because women's sports are covered by the BBC. Straight, white, English males are victimizing themselves because of sports coverage? Is that a joke?  "they cover women's football, what about us?" Thats pretty pathetic. I don't follow women's football but I certainly applaud it's pretty dedicated fan base and the BBC. And racism and sexism are very comparable in nature. I hope this thread is locked because it really reaks of priveledged entitlement. If you don't follow women's football, don't follow women's football, don't have a fit because other people do.

RaySmith

Women's football is a sport that  many young women and girls want to take part in, and it should be promoted in schools, because it's important to get young women involved in sport.

What does it matter if women aren't as good as men, as long as they enjoy  playing. Given time and  more  financial and coaching  input standards will rise.

The market  dictates whether or not woman's football is successful -TV companies like Sky will promote it if  people want to watch. I think more will want to watch as it becomes more competitive and standards rise, but it needs  a lot more input. In other countries there are big crowds  to watch women's games, and the standards are far higher than here. I enjoy watching women's games - they are competitive in their own right, it doesn't matter if  the  players are as accomplished as the men.

RaySmith

Quote from: SWAD on May 02, 2017, 03:31:28 AM
i love fulham and Our supporters but some of the comments in this thread are pretty ignorant if they make a point at all. What sort of weird elitism it is to complain because women's sports are covered by the BBC. Straight, white, English males are victimizing themselves because of sports coverage? Is that a joke?  "they cover women's football, what about us?" Thats pretty pathetic. I don't follow women's football but I certainly applaud it's pretty dedicated fan base and the BBC. And racism and sexism are very comparable in nature. I hope this thread is locked because it really reaks of priveledged entitlement. If you don't follow women's football, don't follow women's football, don't have a fit because other people do.

The BBC, as a public service broadcaster, acts as one place where fans of the women's game can watch it, when they have lost most of the traditional sports, through not being able to compete financially

Mince n Tatties

Another liberal statement racism and sexism are comparable,its a wonder you didn't mention homophobia..
Nobody is saying girls shouldn't be playing football, its great that they are taking part.The OP and my gripe is more to do with the BBC who are so PC that they are scared stiff of offending anyone...
I loved it when our girls were one of the top sides.

stevehawkinslidingtackle

LOL. So basically dont have an opinion, in case people misinterpret it and get offended ?
Anyone who is allowed an opinion on being offended, to get things into perspective, you might want to watch this. Others probably wont. Oh well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceS_jkKjIgo

Or  if you want a long winded more intellectual version, from a national treasure, you might want to watch this. Cheers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJQHakkViPo&index=8&list=RDceS_jkKjIgo

westcliff white

I am happy to let this go for now, nut remember to be respectful as some have said.
Every day is a Fulham day