https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Possibly carried away?

Started by FriendlyOwl, May 02, 2017, 11:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EJL

Quote from: 1wednesday on May 05, 2017, 04:23:24 PM
Quote from: Statto on May 03, 2017, 12:08:47 AM
Yes the media have "bulled" us up (whatever that means, some mining term I presume) by falsifying our passing, pass completion, possession, shots, chances and goals statistics and making us out to be the best team in the league in all those respects. They've even tricked the bookies into making us favourites to win the play-offs. And at the same time they've made us think Wednesday fouled, dived and time-wasted their way to a point at our place earlier in the season. Oh and they also fabricated the footage we've seen of Wednesday's goalkeeper pretending to be injured in several other games when they've been defending a narrow lead or point away from home. Wednesday are actually the best team in the league and play the best football as well. They certainly don't cheat. And Sheffield is a lovely, vibrant, exciting place to live. You really do have to watch out for fake news these days.
Wow some right condescending two hats among you lot i hope we absolutely mug you.

Looool, how are you getting riled up enough to sign up for another club's forum? Jesus Christ, man.

Friendsoffulham

Due to the nature of the playoffs, we have openly welcomed a few posters from other Clubs to post here, to mainly give their views, however, would like to remind you all, that the guidelines for Friends of Fulham, stands for ALL: http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=51314.0

If you can't be trusted to have a sensible and adult like debate about the playoffs, then posts like these will be locked, and the necessary warnings issued.

1wendensday, please remember, that you are on an apposing teams forum, and if you wish to challenge posters about their team, in a certain ways, then be prepared to receive some type of backlash.

Thanks

Riversider

Quote from: 1wednesday on May 05, 2017, 04:23:24 PM
Quote from: Statto on May 03, 2017, 12:08:47 AM
Yes the media have "bulled" us up (whatever that means, some mining term I presume) by falsifying our passing, pass completion, possession, shots, chances and goals statistics and making us out to be the best team in the league in all those respects. They've even tricked the bookies into making us favourites to win the play-offs. And at the same time they've made us think Wednesday fouled, dived and time-wasted their way to a point at our place earlier in the season. Oh and they also fabricated the footage we've seen of Wednesday's goalkeeper pretending to be injured in several other games when they've been defending a narrow lead or point away from home. Wednesday are actually the best team in the league and play the best football as well. They certainly don't cheat. And Sheffield is a lovely, vibrant, exciting place to live. You really do have to watch out for fake news these days.
Wow some right condescending two hats among you lot i hope we absolutely mug you.

I blame Maggie Thatcher for this, if it wasn't for her this northern tw at would be 30 metres underground with a pick a candle and a canary, instead of social media on a Friday afternoon.

FriendlyOwl

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 05, 2017, 02:08:13 PM
Fulham 442, you make some good observations, but one comment in particular I thought was spot on.
You mentioned that they play with fear, and I agree, because their tactics and gamesmanship suggest this. Of course they are capable of being the one team that will end up going up, because they have very good players, it's just that their manager clearly does not use these players strengths, but prefers the ugly way.
Ok that may even work, and it's them that maybe running round in triumph after the match at Wembley.
Nevertheless, they cannot hide the fact that they are a team that plays with fear, and they are definitely running scared of Fulham, and others also, hence their game plan. I would love to beat them just as much on Sunday, as well as in the play offs, assuming they get through to Wembley to meet us.
I personally would never go on another clubs site and discuss issues regarding playing them, as it generally ends in tears. But the main reason I would not go on their site is basically I am not interested in what they have to say, plus it signifies that you are worried about them, as in most cases it's a one eyed view, if you do not believe me ask Cyclops.
So I can only assume by coming on our Forum they are bricking it.
As for The Terriers and the Royals, they do not appear to visit us, as I presume they have already accepted their fate.  094.gif 🐘

Guys, I wish you the best of luck in the Play-offs (obviously not when playing us though).

However the above post really did make me wince and I'd be embarrassed to read that if I were a Fulham fan.

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on May 05, 2017, 04:58:42 PM
Due to the nature of the playoffs, we have openly welcomed a few posters from other Clubs to post here, to mainly give their views, however, would like to remind you all, that the guidelines for Friends of Fulham, stands for ALL: http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=51314.0

If you can't be trusted to have a sensible and adult like debate about the playoffs, then posts like these will be locked, and the necessary warnings issued.

1wendensday, please remember, that you are on an apposing teams forum, and if you wish to challenge posters about their team, in a certain ways, then be prepared to receive some type of backlash.

Thanks

IMO the lines already been crossed and these people should be locked out now!

bobbo

Yet again I've not read all replays on this OP. But I see where he's coming from -looking at us from the outside - but I don't know what you all think but , despite their dreadful cheating tactics they where the best side I saw at the cottage this season except us of course.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Fulham Tup North

092.gif
Maybe its about time the Mods put a stop to this before someone gets blocked for responding to people who should not even be on here!!   fp.gif
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Wearethewhites

To be fair, I think the 2 Sheff Weds fans have been given a hard time. They've come on here with good intentions, yet got attacked, because people can accept their opinions. Yes, everyone's opinions differ, but we're adults, and can surely discuss the playoffs without the old  'my teams better than your team' childish behaviour.

However people view it, Sheff Weds are still the favourites, and on their day, can still give us a right good hammering.

As a Fulham fan, I'm confident, why shouldn't I be, we play without fear, but let's not get carried away, and end up looking like idiots with egg on our faces, because that is what will happen.

As is stands, Sheff Weds have a strike force that can outnumber our squad 10/1, so respect it, and if we do happen to beat them, let's be respectable about it.

And I agree, those comments from Wally Mammouth are cringe worthy and utterly embarrassing for any Fulham fan to read. 

Fulhamfan666

People have the right to state their points, but one also has the right to oppose it. That's how it works.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: FriendlyOwl on May 05, 2017, 05:44:21 PM
Fulham 442, you make some good observations, but one comment in particular I thought was spot on.
You mentioned that they play with fear, and I agree, because their tactics and gamesmanship suggest this. Of course they are capable of being the one team that will end up going up, because they have very good players, it's just that their manager clearly does not use these players strengths, but prefers the ugly way.
Ok that may even work, and it's them that maybe running round in triumph after the match at Wembley.
Nevertheless, they cannot hide the fact that they are a team that plays with fear, and they are definitely running scared of Fulham, and others also, hence their game plan. I would love to beat them just as much on Sunday, as well as in the play offs, assuming they get through to Wembley to meet us.
I personally would never go on another clubs site and discuss issues regarding playing them, as it generally ends in tears. But the main reason I would not go on their site is basically I am not interested in what they have to say, plus it signifies that you are worried about them, as in most cases it's a one eyed view, if you do not believe me ask Cyclops.
As for The Terriers and the Royals, they do not appear to visit us, as I presume they have already accepted their fate.  094.gif 🐘

Guys, I wish you the best of luck in the Play-offs (obviously not when playing us though).

However the above post really did make me wince and I'd be embarrassed to read that if I were a Fulham fan.

You can wince as much as you like, I do not remember inviting you on here to read the posts. Although you are entitled to, and I have no objection. But if you are going to come in my back yard, and express your opinion, because I will defend my corner, and then you must be prepared for a debate and my opinion.
You don't have to read anything, but do not become self righteous, if you do not like what you do read.
If you can't stand the heat in the kitchen, then you can leave. So stop embarrassing yourself.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

westcliff white

Quote from: Wearethewhites on May 05, 2017, 06:32:33 PM
To be fair, I think the 2 Sheff Weds fans have been given a hard time. They've come on here with good intentions, yet got attacked, because people can accept their opinions. Yes, everyone's opinions differ, but we're adults, and can surely discuss the playoffs without the old  'my teams better than your team' childish behaviour.

However people view it, Sheff Weds are still the favourites, and on their day, can still give us a right good hammering.

As a Fulham fan, I'm confident, why shouldn't I be, we play without fear, but let's not get carried away, and end up looking like idiots with egg on our faces, because that is what will happen.

As is stands, Sheff Weds have a strike force that can outnumber our squad 10/1, so respect it, and if we do happen to beat them, let's be respectable about it.

And I agree, those comments from Wally Mammouth are cringe worthy and utterly embarrassing for any Fulham fan to read. 
:plus one:
Every day is a Fulham day

westcliff white

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 05, 2017, 06:59:55 PM
Quote from: FriendlyOwl on May 05, 2017, 05:44:21 PM

You can wince as much as you like, I do not remember inviting you on here to read the posts. Although you are entitled to, and I have no objection. But if you are going to come in my back yard, and express your opinion, because I will defend my corner, and then you must be prepared for a debate and my opinion.
You don't have to read anything, but do not become self righteous, if you do not like what you do read.
If you can't stand the heat in the kitchen, then you can leave. So stop embarrassing yourself.
All are welcome on the forum to discuss with each other in a respectful manner as per the guidelines (a link was posted on this very thread earlier), our members  should also read them so they make sure they know what they are, both visiting members are regular members.
Every day is a Fulham day