watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official FOF Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2017-18

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 06, 2017, 11:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcel_Gecov

Al-Habsi has left Reading - anyone think this could mean the Button to reading love is more likely.

westcliff white

not for me I thnk Button will stay and more likely Betts will leave. Just my take from what I have heard
Every day is a Fulham day

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: westcliff white on July 17, 2017, 10:43:44 AM
not for me I thnk Button will stay and more likely Betts will leave. Just my take from what I have heard

I see sense in sending Betts on loan for a season to a lower championship side/ top of league one and keeping Button as backup - Betts hasn't been on loan since 2014 and hasn't played a huge amount over the last 2 years. I reckon he deserves a season to show us what he can do away from the club as a number 1 before getting rid.

It needs to be considered that Betts has actually played less first team games for Fulham than Woodrow which is crazy when you think he was number 1 for a portion of that.

westcliff white

Betts doesnt want a loan he wants to leave if he isnt first choice

Holders

Quote from: westcliff white on July 17, 2017, 10:53:43 AM

I don't have inside information but my sense is that he's likely to be 1st choice unless we bring another keeper in. Perhaps he's picked up that that's in the wind. Just my take on it.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

westcliff white

Quote from: Holders on July 17, 2017, 11:06:47 AM

I don't have inside information but my sense is that he's likely to be 1st choice unless we bring another keeper in. Perhaps he's picked up that that's in the wind. Just my take on it.
Or perhaps he has been told outright that we are looking to being in a keeper.

One thing I am keeping in mind is we changed our style a little to accomdate Betts, not so many short plasse from the back but more mid to long range plays from the keeper. If we sign Rolan we wont have that target man so the longer pass at which Betts is very good may not be the option so often. So he woul dneed to improve with his feet again, he has done it already so no reason he cannot do it agian.

bencher

Quote from: westcliff white on July 17, 2017, 11:07:30 AM

One thing I am keeping in mind is we changed our style a little to accomdate Betts, not so many short plasse from the back but more mid to long range plays from the keeper. If we sign Rolan we wont have that target man so the longer pass at which Betts is very good may not be the option so often. So he woul dneed to improve with his feet again, he has done it already so no reason he cannot do it agian.

Oh how I miss the days when goalkeepers were picked for their goalkeeping...

For me, if we could improve the back four/protection of back four, the Betts v Butts question would be somewhat academic, but I'd go with Betts anyway

rweller86

Quote from: bencher on July 17, 2017, 11:19:17 AM

Oh how I miss the days when goalkeepers were picked for their goalkeeping...

For me, if we could improve the back four/protection of back four, the Betts v Butts question would be somewhat academic, but I'd go with Betts anyway
I agree that we need to improve the back four over getting a new goalkeeper. However, we have given away a few cheap goals due to goalkeeper's decisions. That said, prefer Betts.
@rweller

Tell

According to Sky Sports transfer site. Rolan has signed for £5 Million

sarnian

Beg to differ but do not believe we deliberately changed style. More a case of the opposition closing down much higher up the pitch which made playing short goal kicks almost impossible. Personally not over impressed with either keeper, both make too many errors.

JoelH5

I was there, standing in the Putney end

rweller86

Is that the agreed deal awaiting player terms as per yesterday or a new thing today?! Can't see anything myself
@rweller

Tell

Holders

Indeed, in which case I can well imagine he'd want to be Nr.1 somewhere else. I'd be happy with Button as Nr.2 to a new (better) keeper but, unless he's improved, I'm not keen on Rodak as Nr.2.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

rweller86

@rweller

westcliff white

Quote from: sarnian on July 17, 2017, 11:27:04 AM

Beg to differ but do not believe we deliberately changed style. More a case of the opposition closing down much higher up the pitch which made playing short goal kicks almost impossible. Personally not over impressed with either keeper, both make too many errors.
That's fine everyone has an opinion on what's what and why I love our forum. But for me I know we did as I spoke to some within the club about it.
That said I don't see too much between either of the keepers they both have their strong and weak points and what we need is to get those weak points to an acceptable level if they are to be our keepers.
For me we strengthened the protection of the back 4, KMAC was an unsung hero for me, the back four itself was 100 times better than other seasons, barring a few games where they. But then most of the bad performances were not down to one unit playing badly but down to the team not having a good game, it's about the team playing as a team, when we didn't do that we played badly and scapegoats were sought. Individuals will make mistakes they may or not cost a goal, but if it's a keeper it will always be a goal, hard life but one that is worth pointing out.
Anyway that's off topic it's a transfer thread and I do expect Betts to go if as rumoured he has asked for a transfer

westcliff white

Quote from: Tell on July 17, 2017, 11:34:07 AM
New this morning.

http://www.skysports.com/fulham-transfers
Thats a fee agreed not him signing, two entirely different things

JoelH5

Quote from: westcliff white on July 17, 2017, 11:39:24 AM
Quote from: Tell on July 17, 2017, 11:34:07 AM
New this morning.

http://www.skysports.com/fulham-transfers
Thats a fee agreed not him signing, two entirely different things

Westcliff, you said you'd heard it had all been done yesterday. Any further update?
I was there, standing in the Putney end

westcliff white

Quote from: twang on July 17, 2017, 11:50:09 AM
Some good news: Gent appears to have moved on to other targets as Fulham were standing firm on Odoi:

https://translate.google.se/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=sv&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.voetbalnieuws.be%2Fnews%2F252075%2FVN_EXCLUSIEF%3A_Belgische_topclub_vol_voor_Mata%2C_gesprekken_lopen&edit-text=
Yes and no, their first choice is Odoi, but they need to sell before they can pay the fee. They planned to sell Foket but not sure if that is still the case, as they hoped to get 5 millin for him. I will see if that is still the case re Foket.

I would play Odoi left back this season anyway, he as Sess there and Fred on the right with Cisse (who can also play there)