more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official FOF Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2017-18

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 06, 2017, 11:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: river phoenix on July 18, 2017, 07:46:58 PM
I hope we go for Sergi Enrich, Rui Fonte and Leigh Griffiths instead. Get two of them and we will blow away this division.

Talkshop did say we were going for Griffiths earlier in the week(Brazil with his Celtic connection would know)
But nowts come of that,mind you they do rabble on a bit on there.

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: colinwhite on July 18, 2017, 07:49:03 PM
What happened to MJG? I must have missed that.

We put a bid in for him but he doesn't want to play in the championship

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: FulhamStu on July 18, 2017, 07:37:39 PM
Bordeaux want more money and the player may still not want to come.  We have tried too hard to get this bloke, that's 3 weeks when we should have tied up another instead of being messed about.  Listen to fulhamish and the French actually don't rate him, he blows hot and cold and goes missing for large parts of games in the season.  Sounds just like his attitude to this saga, mr big bollocks and exactely what we don't need.  We need a team player and goal scorer that can finish all the great attacking play we will provide.  This guy is not a proven goal scorer, had ability when he wants to perform but sounds and has behaved in a way where we have probably dodged a bullet.  Nice find Kline ..NOT !

But but the Computer says yes.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Newry FFC on July 18, 2017, 07:54:43 PM
Quote from: colinwhite on July 18, 2017, 07:49:03 PM
What happened to MJG? I must have missed that.

We put a bid in for him but he doesn't want to play in the championship

064.gif

aaronmcguigan

Seriously hope that this Rolan fella is just one in a list of people we are looking at, and that this is being leaked by Rolan and Bordeaux as the amount of info leaked is a sham for a pro player and 2 pro clubs

Hoping that we are working on a number of transfers and this just is the only one getting leaked

SuffolkWhite

Lol Love this thread and the different opinions, still none the wiser but entertainment all the same    049:gif
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Skatzoffc

Quote from: charliejones141 on July 18, 2017, 10:21:33 AM
Rolan not signing. Deal is dead he just didn't fancy the championship. Think we're in trouble for next season. Could even finish bottom half.

Get a life!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Marcel_Gecov

West Ham have a fee agreed for Arnautovic at 24m. That's crazy money.  :wow:

Nero

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on July 18, 2017, 08:29:37 PM

what forwards have they got going spare

Marcel_Gecov

Quote from: Nero on July 18, 2017, 08:35:10 PM

Mainly injury prone ones, let's stay clear.

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on July 18, 2017, 08:36:21 PM
Quote from: Nero on July 18, 2017, 08:35:10 PM

Mainly injury prone ones, let's stay clear.

We could do worse than Ashley Fletcher

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: Statto on July 18, 2017, 08:53:20 PM
Amazing how time changes things...

We had such a busy first week of the window but since then, a week and a half with nothing happening except Christensen leaving (the most disappointing of all our departures so far IMO) and suddenly we are only a few days away from the date by which I hoped (and expected) we'd have signed three new starters.

It's all well and good the club "looking" at other targets but I hope that actually means "negotiating" and that they'll be signing in the next few days.

My concern is all we've been doing is looking at them on Kline's PC or making the most tentative of initial communications, such that we can now spend another fortnight dancing to their tune like we just have for this guy Rolan (who now sounds like a complete to$$er by the way)

I'd think/hope/pray we'd have at least filled the obvious holes in the Starting XI by the time we play Wolfsburg.

Nero

We had such a busy first week of the window but since then, a week and a half with nothing happening except Christensen leaving (the most disappointing of all our departures so far IMO) and suddenly we are only a few days away from the date by which I hoped (and expected) we'd have signed three new starters.

It's all well and good the club "looking" at other targets but I hope that actually means "negotiating" and that they'll be signing in the next few days.

My concern is all we've been doing is looking at them on Kline's PC or making the most tentative of initial communications, such that we can now spend another fortnight dancing to their tune like we just have for this guy Rolan (who now sounds like a complete to$$er by the way)

If I was Fulham id leak to the press that they have a deal lined up with a forward in Spain and just personal terms to agree should be completed by end of week , gee Rolan up a bit he if things he might have nowhere to go if Newcastle get there preferred targets, hes acting like that girl that leads you on see other blokes but keep ou there in the back ground as back up if no one else comes along

twang

Some good news at least at the end of this horrendous day: Tayo Edun is training with the squad in Austria, so I guess that means he has signed or is signing a new deal.

twang

Couldn't agree more.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: twang on July 18, 2017, 09:41:40 PM
Some good news at least at the end of this horrendous day: Tayo Edun is training with the squad in Austria, so I guess that means he has signed or is signing a new deal.
And I'm pretty sure that's Betts in some photos?
Even though some have said the 'as h wasn't in any of the earlier training sessions, he is deffo off!'
I hope he stays, personally.

PokerMatt

God what a bunch at Bordeaux.

Would absolutely love it if Newcastle leave them hanging until end of August then say no and they're stuck with Rolan stinking out the place.

They deserve each other.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

FulhamStu

Quote from: westcliff white on July 18, 2017, 07:42:19 PM
Bordeaux want more money and the player may still not want to come.  We have tried too hard to get this bloke, that's 3 weeks when we should have tied up another instead of being messed about.  Listen to fulhamish and the French actually don't rate him, he blows hot and cold and goes missing for large parts of games in the season.  Sounds just like his attitude to this saga, mr big bollocks and exactely what we don't need.  We need a team player and goal scorer that can finish all the great attacking play we will provide.  This guy is not a proven goal scorer, had ability when he wants to perform but sounds and has behaved in a way where we have probably dodged a bullet.  Nice find Kline ..NOT !
two things we have been looking and making moves for other strikers, and Rolan was a scout find who then got his stats done.

Have you scouted him for that notes you make? 9 goals in 19 stats last season multiple assists as well, may blow hot and cold but we could have done with some of that for sure.

Fair enough WW, just really quoting the French journo on fulhamish.  How do you know he was a scouting find, not doubting just interested. its just we seem to be being made look stupid by this player and glad we have other players we are after, hope we do better with them eh !

westcliff white

Quote from: FulhamStu on July 18, 2017, 10:10:13 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on July 18, 2017, 07:42:19 PM
two things we have been looking and making moves for other strikers, and Rolan was a scout find who then got his stats done.

Have you scouted him for that notes you make? 9 goals in 19 stats last season multiple assists as well, may blow hot and cold but we could have done with some of that for sure.

Fair enough WW, just really quoting the French journo on fulhamish.  How do you know he was a scouting find, not doubting just interested. its just we seem to be being made look stupid by this player and glad we have other players we are after, hope we do better with them eh !
I was told he was scouted early this year, after we were told he may leave in the summer, stats were then done after the scout reports were positive. Stats do not lays come first.

I think your being a little harsh in the player, it is reasonable to want to do the best and with his club and Newcastle dangling a carrot he is in a hard place. Bordeaux are hanging on for more money from Newcastle whether that happens or not is now down to them if it doesn't Bordeaux will lose a decent plAyer for nothing next summer or for very little in January. I was to.d today the players head is all over the place and just wants it all sorted, must be worse now we have moved on.
Every day is a Fulham day

@jolslover

I have been on holiday for a week, so missed most of this Rolan stuff. My take is I'm glad we are trying to sign players who want to play at a higher level than us. Shows we are being ambitious in the market and going for quality. When we sign players who aspire to play at championship level we end up with Pringle and Stearman.  Rolan is a genuine prem quality player. So I understand his reluctancy to move to a championship club.
STH H3