The Official FOF Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2017-18

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 06, 2017, 11:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on August 27, 2017, 12:00:52 AM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 26, 2017, 11:09:08 PM
Quote from: TXWhite on August 26, 2017, 10:59:46 PM
Alan Nixon reporting in The Sun that we're to table a £12M offer for Forestieri
why, we would then relegate rui to the bench, and kamara to the reserves. Can think of more pressing areas to improve upon

Forestieri would effectively be Aluko's replacement. He played on the Left and Right when Slavisa was at Watford. Would think Fonte would be the #9 and then we'd have Ayite, Kebano, Ojo and Sess when Soares is fit for Wingers.

Would bet my house on it not happening though.
Just checked his stats for Watford. We're no better than alukos last year. Well actually worse in his last season their. Would personally stick with aluko and see if he can link well with rui, as we know he links well with Frederick's. Just don't see forrestei as anywhere near as good with the ball at his feet.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: fulhamben on August 27, 2017, 12:16:41 AM
why, we would then relegate rui to the bench, and kamara to the reserves. Can think of more pressing areas to improve upon

Forestieri would effectively be Aluko's replacement. He played on the Left and Right when Slavisa was at Watford. Would think Fonte would be the #9 and then we'd have Ayite, Kebano, Ojo and Sess when Soares is fit for Wingers.

Just checked his stats for Watford. We're no better than alukos last year. Well actually worse in his last season their. Would personally stick with aluko and see if he can link well with rui, as we know he links well with Frederick's. Just don't see forrestei as anywhere near as good with the ball at his feet.

He was a bit part player for Watford, especially when Slavisa was there considering they had Deeney, Ighalo, Vydra for Strikers and then Anya and a few others for wide men. He's shown how good he can be at Wednesday. I'd have no issue with Aluko staying, but I highly doubt he will. Think we're more likely to get Graham from Wolves as Aluko's replacement, another Centre-Back and that'll be us done.

fulhamben

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on August 27, 2017, 12:19:39 AM

He was a bit part player for Watford, especially when Slavisa was there considering they had Deeney, Ighalo, Vydra for Strikers and then Anya and a few others for wide men. He's shown how good he can be at Wednesday. I'd have no issue with Aluko staying, but I highly doubt he will. Think we're more likely to get Graham from Wolves as Aluko's replacement, another Centre-Back and that'll be us done.
Graham would be a backwards step aswell. Imo I'm gonna trust slavs comments that aluko will be available for cardiff
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

JoelH5

Would you want Forestieri if we sell Aluko and he's able to play RW?

I think we'd be a pretty incredible champ team there.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Holders

Quote from: fulhamben on August 26, 2017, 11:52:11 PM
Quote from: Statto on August 26, 2017, 11:16:02 PM

fonte / kamara / forestieri all can play wide as well as central, i'd see it as a replacement for aluko
maybe they can all play wide, doesn't mean that they would be the best option to do just that. And I've seen nothing to suggest that kamara or rui could be anywhere near as effective out wide as Kebano sess Ayité aluko and ojo are.

Agree. Just because you can doesn't mean you should.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Carborundum

Quote from: JoelH5 on August 27, 2017, 08:58:16 AM
Would you want Forestieri if we sell Aluko and he's able to play RW?

I think we'd be a pretty incredible champ team there.
Certainly.  He's very good indeed.

Deeping_white

Foristieri over Aluko any day of the week. Last season Forestieri out scored Aluko, had a better shooting accuracy and was better at taking on and beating his man. Granted Aluko had more assists but we outscored Wednesday quite a lot last season so you'd also have to factor that in as well.

My only question would be around how we could finance the deal as I doubt we'd get him for £12m as they're going to want to charge a premium for a promotion rival, so if Aluko does go where is the rest of the money coming from as we must be sailing close to the edge of FFP limitations?

We Are Premier League

Quote from: fulhamben on August 27, 2017, 12:22:53 AM
Quote from: wheelerdeeler on August 27, 2017, 12:19:39 AM

Graham would be a backwards step aswell. Imo I'm gonna trust slavs comments that aluko will be available for cardiff

Dicko might also be on the move, would take him ahead of Graham

Deeping_white

In other news, Burnley don't want Waris anymore so he's without any higher level cubs wanting him. WW do you reckon there's a chance we may move on him now??

Roberty

Quote from: Deeping_white on August 27, 2017, 10:48:55 AM
In other news, Burnley don't want Waris anymore so he's without any higher level cubs wanting him. WW do you reckon there's a chance we may move on him now??

Perhaps they have a spot for him at that great Spanish side Malaga - alongside Rolan ?
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

b+w geezer

I don't know what stats were being referred to earlier in which Aluko came out better than Forestieri. Personally, I find that over extended periods there is no escaping from how many playing minutes it takes to score a goal or to either score or assist.

Sone Aluko has just completed his best season.  He scored a goal every 491 minutes on the pitch and a goal or assist every 218 mins.

For Forestieri over the past four seasons in this division  (the most recent two with Sheff Weds and the previous two with Watford, latest first) it's been a goal every 223, 216, 227 and 187 minutes and a goal or assist every  157, 154, 126 and 137 minutes.

They both have strengths in dribbling and get through a good deal of midfield harrying. One is consistently productive in decent teams.

Lighthouse

Don't worry. With ten minutes to go on deadline day. With final days rumours buzzing at the forwards that are linked and on their way. In will walk Ross with a limp, eating a cake.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

dannyboi-ffc

I don't even see how this is a debate. Forestieri is a much better player than Aluko especially for end product.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

SuffolkWhite

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 27, 2017, 10:58:45 AM
Don't worry. With ten minutes to go on deadline day. With final days rumours buzzing at the forwards that are linked and on their way. In will walk Ross with a limp, eating a cake.

:005:
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

@jolslover

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on August 27, 2017, 11:00:56 AM
I don't even see how this is a debate. Forestieri is a much better player than Aluko especially for end product.

+1 +1.
STH H3

@jolslover

Invalid Tweet ID              Good video I found of Forestieris best moments at Wednesday

Should be noted when claims are made about Forestieris attitude that Slavisa has worked with him before, and there was no reports of bad attitude during this time and I doubt Slavisa would want to work with him again if attitude was a problem.

Injuries aside Forestieri was never not selected in the squad when Slavisa was in charge, However was usually used as a sub. When Slavisa first came in he was a regular starter as part of a front 3 (on the wing) so that could be where he plays at Fulham. I think he would probably slot in to be our best winger and is very talented.
STH H3

Ordar

Forestieri would be a brilliant signing. I really rate him

@jolslover

Quote from: Ordar on August 27, 2017, 11:27:41 AM
Forestieri would be a brilliant signing. I really rate him

Would be really something to be excited about and would be the final piece of this puzzle imo. A truly entertaining player and a good one at that.
STH H3

dannyboi-ffc

So at the moment as I understand it, the rumours are suggesting a final week double.

Madl & Aluko out.
Harlee Dean & Forestieri in

Don't know if I've got that right. But I'd take it. The way Ream is playing I think we just need a better back up than we currently have. Also, Fonte is the out and out striker. If we sign a out and out forward again what happens to Fonte and what happens to Kamara? So it makes sense to have a wide man like Forestieri who is better than Aluko and will score goals but can also play through the middle if needed.

I'm getting excited now lol
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

AlexW132

Forestieri is probably the best finisher I've seen us face in the Championship the last few seasons. He'd be a great player but I'd be worried about the implications:

1. If he signed what does that mean for our existing forwards? I think we need Fonte and Kebano starting at least, and if he signed, Forestieri would slot in on the right. That leaves Ojo, Ayité, Piazon, Kamara, and maybe R Sess as backup attacking options at best. While of course that's great for squad depth, would they all be content to being kept out of the team?

2. I doubt we can afford to pay that much given that we've spent a lot on the attack already. We'll get maybe £5m for Aluko, but otherwise we won't be getting any more incoming cash. Wages will be high too. For me we need another defender as a priority.

3. Apparently has attitude issues but I'm not sure how much of this is actually true. Carlos Carvalhal is not exactly the most level headed manager in the league, so it wouldn't surprise me that the two have had a rift or two. His passion is what impresses me about him, celebrating with fans and genuinely expressing enthusiasm on the pitch, which could also explain his fondness of a dive.

On balance I think he'd be a great signing, but I just don't think it'll happen. Only source reporting it is the sun so I'm not too convinced the rumours are truthful