more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official FOF Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2017-18

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 06, 2017, 11:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Quote from: Riversider on August 28, 2017, 02:05:54 PM
To all the people saying that we should sign Jota and/or Forestieri can you please tell the rest of us who you would have left out of the starting eleven on Saturday for them both to play as they sure as hell wouldn't come to Fulham to sit on the bench !
In my opinion if we've got any money left to spend it should be spent on a commanding centre half as that's where our squad really needs the cover.

But surely a new commanding centre half is surely going straight on the bench as it would be foolish to break up the Kalas /Ream partnership which has been looking good for some time now.

We Are Premier League

Anyone worried that jota could be a replacement for our skipper?

westcliff white

Every day is a Fulham day

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: mlangstrom on August 28, 2017, 06:36:25 PM
Anyone worried that jota could be a replacement for our skipper?

I am worried where all the cash is to come from for all these rumoured targets. Would we swap Cairney for: Jota, new centre back, striker with cash leftover?????

westcliff white

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 28, 2017, 05:01:16 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on August 28, 2017, 04:30:46 PM
Engels update, we are interested for certain, enquired 3 times in the last month the most recent being in the last 72 hours. Brugge value Engles a lot and while they wont stop him moving if that's what the player wants, it is, for me, unlikely to happen.

Very decent player who would be a decent addition to our squad

A shame because out of all those big signing rumours, that was the only one I really wanted and we really need.
It may happen, just my view that it is unlikely, my source says no actual bid but we could make one, but again he thinks it is unlikely as the player was linked with the prem just a month or so ago.

alexmur

On another topic, haha Arsenal.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

westcliff white

Quote from: alexmur on August 28, 2017, 07:04:53 PM

a club run for me on the right principals, they built a stadium and cut back transfer funds which makes sense, now they have finds and need to improve. Also make them right not to have paid Mbappe's parents 8 million euros when the lads was 16 as well

fulhamben

Quote from: westcliff white on August 28, 2017, 07:10:40 PM

a club run for me on the right principals, they built a stadium and cut back transfer funds which makes sense, now they have finds and need to improve. Also make them right not to have paid Mbappe's parents 8 million euros when the lads was 16 as well
but in the same token, whilst cutting funds for players, made their fans pay the most for tickets anywhere In the country. Probably Europe too
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

westcliff white

Quote from: fulhamben on August 28, 2017, 07:18:28 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on August 28, 2017, 07:10:40 PM

but in the same token, whilst cutting funds for players, made their fans pay the most for tickets anywhere In the country. Probably Europe too
agree, but to payoff the stadium earlier. MY issue with that is they have yet to reduce them which is another case of used to the income you get.

But the principals they put on transfers is admirable

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: westcliff white on August 28, 2017, 06:45:15 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on August 28, 2017, 05:01:16 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on August 28, 2017, 04:30:46 PM
Engels update, we are interested for certain, enquired 3 times in the last month the most recent being in the last 72 hours. Brugge value Engles a lot and while they wont stop him moving if that's what the player wants, it is, for me, unlikely to happen.

Very decent player who would be a decent addition to our squad

A shame because out of all those big signing rumours, that was the only one I really wanted and we really need.
It may happen, just my view that it is unlikely, my source says no actual bid but we could make one, but again he thinks it is unlikely as the player was linked with the prem just a month or so ago.

Yeah but has he ever been to Stoke?

Mince n Tatties

Sky and Talksh** both saying Norwich to bid for Aden Flint.

Deuce

Quote from: filham on August 28, 2017, 06:34:57 PM
Quote from: Riversider on August 28, 2017, 02:05:54 PM
To all the people saying that we should sign Jota and/or Forestieri can you please tell the rest of us who you would have left out of the starting eleven on Saturday for them both to play as they sure as hell wouldn't come to Fulham to sit on the bench !
In my opinion if we've got any money left to spend it should be spent on a commanding centre half as that's where our squad really needs the cover.

But surely a new commanding centre half is surely going straight on the bench as it would be foolish to break up the Kalas /Ream partnership which has been looking good for some time now.

I agree. I've even said that with Odoi in the squad im not too worried about CB. A bit on the light side perhaps since Djalo isnt up for it yet, but making an Engels signing would surely break up Kalas and Ream, thus fixing something that isnt broken. And perhaps thats not something that Ream would be too happy about.

aaronmcguigan

Silly season. If this happens, it's the biggest waste of talent. Renato Sanches of Euro 2016 fame and glory is favoured to join Swansea

@jolslover

Jota is better than both of our wingers that started saturday. Love neeskens but its the truth. Jota probably second best winger in league (give or take helder costa).
(Should be noted to avoid confusion Jota is a RW) has played behind striker but RW is his natural position.
STH H3

fulhamben

Quote from: @jolslover on August 28, 2017, 09:27:19 PM
Jota is better than both of our wingers that started saturday. Love neeskens but its the truth. Jota probably second best winger in league (give or take helder costa).
(Should be noted to avoid confusion Jota is a RW) has played behind striker but RW is his natural position.
he is totally different type to Kebano and aluko though. And he is so one footed. Not That I mind that, as just look at Tom. But that one foot, is his left foot, which makes him an inverted winger. Now that I do mind, constantly cuts in. Or stops dead to get it back on his left to cross it

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: Newry FFC on August 28, 2017, 09:21:23 PM
Silly season. If this happens, it's the biggest waste of talent. Renato Sanches of Euro 2016 fame and glory is favoured to join Swansea

Got the Clement and Bayern/Ancelotti link. Could easily see it happening whether it's a Loan or a sale with a Buy-Back if he comes good.

twang

Quote from: fulhamben on August 28, 2017, 09:34:33 PM
he is totally different type to Kebano and aluko though. And he is so one footed. Not That I mind that, as just look at Tom. But that one foot, is his left foot, which makes him an inverted winger. Now that I do mind, constantly cuts in. Or stops dead to get it back on his left to cross it

Slav doesn't mind it though, as that's obviously how he wants it. Except for the times when Ryan Sess has played on the left wing, all wingers have been inverted.

Tabby

Aluko is also very one footed. Can't remember him ever crossing it with his right.

He is able to wriggle around players on the outside though.

fulhamben

Quote from: Tabby on August 28, 2017, 10:03:51 PM

Aluko is also very one footed. Can't remember him ever crossing it with his right.

it's hard to tell with sone as he is as bad with both 😉. But yes he does go left and right, and defends well. Can't help thinking that we will be sacrificing so much just for a couple of extra goals.

westcliff white

Quote from: fulhamben on August 28, 2017, 10:09:50 PM
Quote from: Tabby on August 28, 2017, 10:03:51 PM

it's hard to tell with sone as he is as bad with both 😉. But yes he does go left and right, and defends well. Can't help thinking that we will be sacrificing so much just for a couple of extra goals.
Isn't a sacrifice if he doesn't want to be here, which is the rumour.