Main Menu

The Official FOF Silly Season Summer Transfer Thread 2017-18

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 06, 2017, 11:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 26, 2017, 08:52:55 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on June 26, 2017, 08:41:11 PM
Quote from: f321ffc on June 26, 2017, 08:34:58 PM
RDCAfrikFoot @FulhamFC prépare un contrat pour @mulumbuofficial dont le bail expire dans quelques semaines du côté de @NorwichCityFC

ENGDrc Afrique-Football @RDCAfrikFoot @FulhamFC prepares a contract for @mulumbuofficial which the lease expires in a few weeks on the side of @NorwichCityFC

Seems to say Mulumbu on a free. Is that how you read it?

Hope not, 18 appearances for Norwich since 2015,   goals Zero.

He'd be here to spell McDonald. I got no problem with him if he can provide that cover. Personally, don't care what Norwich do and don't value. If Slavisa sees him being a player we can leverage toward a few more results, then I'm happy to have him.....especially for free (wages aside of course).
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

TXWhite

It seems we are getting close to the announcement of a first signing. Anyone want bet which page we are on when it gets announced?

Winner gets a pat on the back. I'm going with page 59.

@jolslover

Mulumbu great player. Would definitely take him as backup to Mcdonald. Good defensive midfielder.
STH H3

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: @jolslover on June 26, 2017, 10:10:43 PM
Mulumbu great player. Would definitely take him as backup to Mcdonald. Good defensive midfielder.

Great player....lol
That's why he only managed 15 appearances for Norwich in 2 years.Good Player maybe but Great.
Mind you think Jozabed is world class.

Mince n Tatties

I fear for us this season,with some of the 2nd raters were being mentioned with.Thank god there only rumours.. Kyle Lafferty anyone  064.gif
Just phoned a pal here in Newmarket who is a staunch Norwich fan,he says Mulumbu is lazy and has attitude, maybe that why he didn't have many games for them.

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 26, 2017, 08:32:13 PM
Quote from: Steven Ageroad on June 26, 2017, 05:31:07 PM
Quote from: Riversider on June 26, 2017, 04:59:47 PM
Scott Malone leaving for Huddersfield according to a source on TIFF.

A few weeks ago he was rumoured to be leaving for Brighton, started by a friend of a friend who knew his milkman!

Its true honest,Bayern Munich have just tabled a 20 million bid for Ayite as well..

20 million what, Nectar points?

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on June 26, 2017, 10:57:48 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 26, 2017, 08:32:13 PM
Quote from: Steven Ageroad on June 26, 2017, 05:31:07 PM
Quote from: Riversider on June 26, 2017, 04:59:47 PM
Scott Malone leaving for Huddersfield according to a source on TIFF.

20 million what, Nectar points?

A few weeks ago he was rumoured to be leaving for Brighton, started by a friend of a friend who knew his milkman!

Its true honest,Bayern Munich have just tabled a 20 million bid for Ayite as well..

Green Shield Stamps.

Mince n Tatties

Rumour has it we are after a goalie from the Bundesliga.
Anyone heard anything?

river phoenix

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 26, 2017, 10:20:15 PM
I fear for us this season,with some of the 2nd raters were being mentioned with.Thank god there only rumours.. Kyle Lafferty anyone  064.gif
Just phoned a pal here in Newmarket who is a staunch Norwich fan,he says Mulumbu is lazy and has attitude, maybe that why he didn't have many games for them.

Lazy? He was immense for West Brom for a 3-4 years in the Prem and that folks over there don`t tolerate lazy players.

I don`t know what was wrong for him in Norwich buy he surely is a solid defensive mid.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: river phoenix on June 26, 2017, 11:02:45 PM

Lazy? He was immense for West Brom for a 3-4 years in the Prem and that folks over there don`t tolerate lazy players.

I don`t know what was wrong for him in Norwich buy he surely is a solid defensive mid.

What he did at WBA is irrelevant, he been at Norwich for 2 years and my friend says his attitude is poor.
If he was immense at WBA why was he shipped out.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Statto on June 26, 2017, 11:06:41 PM
Quote from: river phoenix on June 26, 2017, 11:02:45 PM

Yes totally disagree with you sorry, mince. It's not worked out for him at Norwich but that's football. Aluko was struggling to get in the Hull team the year before we signed him. I also remember being told Brendan Rodgers didn't rate Johansen. With 5 solid years in the premier league before Norwich, if we can get Mulumbu on a free, it must be worth giving him a chance to get that form back. 

Also this is not a position where we need more quality. We just need some backup.

The point is he has been poor at Norwich (hardly starting),yes a move might do him good,but on the other hand we might be acquiring a player past it,that's only my opinion,but my Norwich pal says he wasn't liked there..Maybe his attitude has to do with him thinking he better than Norwich or Fulham.

@jolslover

Yeah but mince. West brom fans loved Mulumbu. He was class there.

Celtic fans didnt rate Johansen. Cardiff fans didnt rate Malone etc... To sign good players you will sometimes have to sign a player thats had a bad spell at another club.
STH H3

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: @jolslover on June 26, 2017, 11:18:18 PM
Yeah but mince. West brom fans loved Mulumbu. He was class there.

Celtic fans didnt rate Johansen. Cardiff fans didnt rate Malone etc... To sign good players you will sometimes have to sign a player thats had a bad spell at another club.

But that was at WBA,he isn't there anymore Jols is he?
He hasn't done anything in 2 years at Norwich, if he had I doubt he'd be available on a free.
Might be he past it?

Mince n Tatties

Another thing I'm worried about is Some Aluko(I hope I'm wrong as I like him).
He had great first seasons at Aberdeen, Rangers and Hull,but doesn't seem to carry it forward into the next season.

Barrett487

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 26, 2017, 11:02:19 PM
Anyone heard anything?

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/report-fulham-among-number-championship-13240614

Report: Fulham among a number of Championship clubs linked to Werder Bremen keeper

Fulham are among a number of Championship clubs that have been linked to Werder Bremen keeper Felix Wiedwald.

Reports in the German press have linked Fulham, along with QPR, with the German stopper who has reportedly asked to be released by Werder Bremen as he seeks a move abroad.

Leeds United, Norwich, Wolves and Nottingham Forest are also said to be interested, although it seems likely he will move to FC Nantes, according to the reports.

Bremen finished eight in the Bundesliga last season with Wiedwald playing 26 times in all competitions, with a contract extension being triggered which would keep him at the club for another season.

But with both David Button and Marcus Bettinelli at Fulham, it looks unlikely that the club would make a move for another goalkeeper at this time.

aussierod

With Bastia SC being relegated twice in the space of a few months (firstly for finishing last in Ligue 1, and secondly for financial irregularities), surely the majority of their players would be available and on the cheap. We were linked with Alexander Djiku, the 22yr old RB/CB who has some fairly decent stats for Tony and his team to review (https://www.whoscored.com/Players/121711/Show/Alexander-Djiku), if he was to come cheap, considering Bastia are going to need to get rid of players, I'd be happy with him to come in as a 4th choice CB or RB back up option.

Also, perhaps we could look at their other players, eg someone like Lassana Coulibaly who's a Defensive minded midfielder, is only 21 and played most of Bastia's games last year. We could pinch him on the cheap perhaps and play him off the bench if McDonald needs a rest and provide some fresh legs. He's also already a Mali international player. (https://www.whoscored.com/Players/288894/Show/Lassana-Coulibaly)

Whilst looking at the rest of that side, some other young players worth a gamble perhaps are Enzo Crivelli or Allan Saint-Maximin.

Crivelli, a 22yr old striker who was on loan from Bordeaux, scored 10 goals, which seemed to be a decent return for a team who scored only 29 goals. He's only 22, and apparently good with flick ons, through balls etc (https://www.whoscored.com/Players/142017/Show/Enzo-Crivelli), so would be a good development player as a 2nd or perhaps 3rd striker

Saint-Maximin is a 20yr old winger / attacking midfielder, on loan from Monaco, and was apparently the best player in that Bastia squad (https://www.whoscored.com/Players/135891/Show/Allan-Saint-Maximin).
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts

westcliff white

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 26, 2017, 11:02:19 PM
Anyone heard anything?
a keeper from weder bremen, but seems he is odds on to go to Nantes
Every day is a Fulham day

westcliff white

Quote from: aussierod on June 27, 2017, 07:15:11 AM
With Bastia SC being relegated twice in the space of a few months (firstly for finishing last in Ligue 1, and secondly for financial irregularities), surely the majority of their players would be available and on the cheap. We were linked with Alexander Djiku, the 22yr old RB/CB who has some fairly decent stats for Tony and his team to review (https://www.whoscored.com/Players/121711/Show/Alexander-Djiku), if he was to come cheap, considering Bastia are going to need to get rid of players, I'd be happy with him to come in as a 4th choice CB or RB back up option.

Also, perhaps we could look at their other players, eg someone like Lassana Coulibaly who's a Defensive minded midfielder, is only 21 and played most of Bastia's games last year. We could pinch him on the cheap perhaps and play him off the bench if McDonald needs a rest and provide some fresh legs. He's also already a Mali international player. (https://www.whoscored.com/Players/288894/Show/Lassana-Coulibaly)

Whilst looking at the rest of that side, some other young players worth a gamble perhaps are Enzo Crivelli or Allan Saint-Maximin.

Crivelli, a 22yr old striker who was on loan from Bordeaux, scored 10 goals, which seemed to be a decent return for a team who scored only 29 goals. He's only 22, and apparently good with flick ons, through balls etc (https://www.whoscored.com/Players/142017/Show/Enzo-Crivelli), so would be a good development player as a 2nd or perhaps 3rd striker

Saint-Maximin is a 20yr old winger / attacking midfielder, on loan from Monaco, and was apparently the best player in that Bastia squad (https://www.whoscored.com/Players/135891/Show/Allan-Saint-Maximin).
if they were on loan from other clubs (referring to the last 2 you mention) it doesn't necessarily mean they will be available to us on loan or to buy as their parent clubs may wish to keep them
Every day is a Fulham day

aussierod

Quote from: westcliff white on June 27, 2017, 07:21:50 AM
Quote from: aussierod on June 27, 2017, 07:15:11 AM

if they were on loan from other clubs (referring to the last 2 you mention) it doesn't necessarily mean they will be available to us on loan or to buy as their parent clubs may wish to keep them

Very true, and with the Monaco side currently being gutted due to their success last season I'd imagine the Saint-Maximin lad getting a good crack in their first side next season, and again, with Rolan possibly leaving Bordeaux for pastures new, Crivelli may also have a spot there now.

It does seem like there are a lot of good players coming out of the French league of late so perhaps we should be keeping a closer eye for talented players coming through the ranks
Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts