watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hartlepool United

Started by Mince n Tatties, May 07, 2017, 10:56:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Football is cruel sometimes,they had to beat promoted Doncaster and hope Newport dropped a couple of points to escape the drop.
Done the job and then Newport score in 90 th minute against Notts County,the faces of the people in the full house at Hartlepool when the news came through was sad to see...Cruel game they were nearly promoted to Championship few years back,now its non league and that's not easy to come back from.

FFCFOREVER

Theres a great piece of TV on the Sky Sports website where one minute Jeff Stelling is celebrating as he is a Hartlepool fan and the next he is sick as a dog as another result went against them.A very cruel game indeed.

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Dodgin

Quite a few of the ex Football League teams in the National , watched a few games at Bromley not the easiest league to get out of.

MaidenheadMick

My local team Maidenhead will be plying their trade in the National league next season.

Burt

Quote from: FFCFOREVER on May 07, 2017, 11:09:48 AM
Theres a great piece of TV on the Sky Sports website where one minute Jeff Stelling is celebrating as he is a Hartlepool fan and the next he is sick as a dog as another result went against them.A very cruel game indeed.

This one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zp30wJeOz94

F(f)CUK

I understand Jeff Stelling's reaction, but the deathly silence across the studio would have annoyed me if I was a Newport supporter.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: F(f)CUK on May 07, 2017, 02:07:21 PM
I understand Jeff Stelling's reaction, but the deathly silence across the studio would have annoyed me if I was a Newport supporter.

True.
Isn't Merson a total pr.

Burt

Agree - it was a bit biased. There would have been shouting and screaming if the situation were more neutral.

Rather like this occasion :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zqGrikyXuI

God... Was that really 8 years ago??

westcliff white

Have to say am glad they have gone, I know most wont agree with me but I thought Jeff Stelling was bang out of order begging the Hartlepool chairman to sack the manger live on soccer Saturday the other week.
Every day is a Fulham day

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: westcliff white on May 07, 2017, 05:49:41 PM
Have to say am glad they have gone, I know most wont agree with me but I thought Jeff Stelling was bang out of order begging the Hartlepool chairman to sack the manger live on soccer Saturday the other week.

He was right though,why did they employ Dave Jones over 4 years out the game another past his sell by.
He is to blame for them going down.

bog

I have great sympathy for Hartlepool. Brian Clough's first managerial post. But Newport's survival was a real great escape. 12 points behind at one stage but they amazingly  survived. All clubs have 46 games to garner enough points. Very sorry to see Hartlepool go. I think the National League should become League Division 4.

092.gif

bog

Quote from: Burt on May 07, 2017, 04:17:48 PM
Agree - it was a bit biased. There would have been shouting and screaming if the situation were more neutral.

Rather like this occasion :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zqGrikyXuI

God... Was that really 8 years ago??
I have lost count of how many times I have watched this and I still well up!!!!   :clap_hands: :yay: 082.gif :wow: 049:gif

westcliff white

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 07, 2017, 06:25:32 PM

He was right though,why did they employ Dave Jones over 4 years out the game another past his sell by.
That may or may not be the case, but he should not haver used that forum for that rant, totally unprofessional in my opinion
Every day is a Fulham day

BestOfBrede

Quote from: westcliff white on May 07, 2017, 08:57:53 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 07, 2017, 06:25:32 PM

That may or may not be the case, but he should not haver used that forum for that rant, totally unprofessional in my opinion
Totally agree,
Has no sympathy with other teams ...
Seen him jump up and down with some terrible bad luck for others!

mouse

I respect Jeff Stelling for having great love for his chosen football team as we have for our club but I think it's overboard how he carries on
In front of no end of football fans.It's comical but not very profesional.He must of pissed off some of Hartlepools fans,players ,staff and management.His behaviour should be left to the fans who have paid to witness the situation on the day.....COYW

HatterDon

The other side of this is the number of times that Hartlepool finished rock bottom of Division 4 but was immediately re-elected rather than bringing a deserving non-league club into the holy 92.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel