more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sundays performance typical ?

Started by 1wednesday, May 08, 2017, 06:03:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1wednesday

Is that typical of how you play?

Played with a lot of width and looking to pull the ball back towards penalty spot & six yard box from wide.good movement and passing at pace, not laboured, looked good.

If so can see why you create so many chances.

When on the front foot looked dangerous, defensively however looked vulnerable, I suppose that's the consequence of pushing forward & playing an open game.

AlexW132

Yep, pretty accurate description.

Andy S

Normally with Fredricks in the side we would play from both wings. We might look open but due to speed we don't get caught out too often

1wednesday

Quote from: Andy S on May 08, 2017, 06:09:06 PM
Normally with Fredricks in the side we would play from both wings. We might look open but due to speed we don't get caught out too often
Thought you flapped a few times when we put balls across face of the goal.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: 1wednesday on May 08, 2017, 06:11:28 PM
Quote from: Andy S on May 08, 2017, 06:09:06 PM
Thought you flapped a few times when we put balls across face of the goal.
Possibly concerned the ref would score or at least get a second assist!
:005:

1wednesday

Yes layed it on a plate for winnall.

Southcoastffc

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

AlexW132

Quote from: 1wednesday on May 08, 2017, 08:10:03 PM
Yes layed it on a plate for winnall.
Effectively an assist by the ref though.

Whitesideup

Yes, we do push on from wide positions, and yes that often leaves us a bit exposed.  Good though our midfield is, I don't think they cover our defensive formation enough, hence the goals against column not looking as healthy as it should. Mind you, haven't checked the stats of goals against with and without Kalas ... his absence may have cost us dear early to mid-season.

nose

i thought sheffield wednesday showed what tactics they will use if we meet again. it may be there second team but the tactics were clear..joca will have noticed what was evident too.
the problem all opposing teams have is we keep the ball well, and that isn't giving anything away, and that means they have to do an awful lot of chasing.

londonowl

Arguably you are the best team in the league with the ball. What will be interesting if we do meet though is that we are one of the best in the league without it. We have been quite happy to concede possession all season and are not an easy team to break down.

dannyboi-ffc

Pretty much spot on. However despite it seeming that we played a strong side against your reserves don't underestimate how much weaker the effectiveness of our play is without Ayite, Fredericks, Sessengon and Johansen.

The issue we have is that we have a very strong first 11 and 3 or 4 who can come in and do a job. But it's the first 11 that make our style so dangerous. Fredericks at right back is the quickest player in the division and so far this season only Bidwell at QPR stopped him by always standing 10 yards off him on their tiny pitch. All well and good for them but I don't know how you stop him on a pitch the size of Wembley.

Johansen's intensity and energy takes us up a gear and it speaks volumes that he was rested ahead of Cairney. He covers every blade of grass every game. Ayite is similar to Kebano who scored against you but stronger and better at linking up the play. And finally as you mentioned we like width and it makes a big difference to us when we have Sess on the left with Malone overlapping and Aluko on the right with Fred overlapping. What is unusual about us is that both full backs can go at the same time which is unheard of. Normally one tucks in if the other attacks, but we have McDonald who sits to make a back 3 so it balances it out a little.

But no doubt about it, our weakness has always been in defence. We rarely keep a clean sheet but we seem to have the knack of scoring more than the opposition.

I think both teams are as good as eachother but completely different styles. I love the way we are playing but I'm still worried about your lot.

Basically all of the above means us resting the 4 we did is almost like you resting everyone because we don't have the squad depth and are only on song when we play a certain 11 players.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Holders

A member of the 1970 Brazilian team, when their defence was criticised, said "well, if the opposition score 3 then we just go out and score 4".
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

toshes mate

Wednesday are well organised when not in possession, perhaps up there with Brighton in knowing how best to use eleven players to defend, regain possession and break.  Fulham's method, best described by Statto above, with movement from side to side passing play is intended to draw opposition players out of position and eventually lead to openings which can be exploited.  The argument for the play is that whilst it does leave you vulnerable it creates enough chances in a game for you to outscore your opponent.  Of course the key is always how well chances are taken - and so you could say we are vulnerable at both ends of the pitch at times.  The most important thing about the Fulham style is that the more the players play it the better they get at it, and that has been borne out in a season where no one has bettered us in goal scoring even allowing for the penalty misses and the occasional goals not given.....   

hovewhite

Wedneday for me are favourites to go up plus you have last years expierence to draw upon.