watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Former premiership champions Blackburn

Started by H4usuallysitting, May 08, 2017, 12:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

will be playing AFC Wimbledon next season....you couldn't make it up.....just feel for the Blackburn supporters

aaronmcguigan

You can't make it up but you can own a club, sit around and watch it disintegrate. Poor decision after poor decision. Lack of investment followed up by selling your best players and no backing to any manager regardless of how ill thought out any appointment was. The likes of Owen Coyle, Paul Lambert, Tony Mowbray aren't the type that will mastermind magic results if you keep taking the best talent out and selling it.
Yes they got 51 points, same as what we got last season, but that club needs a wake up call. They will walk league one next season as long as the club gets rebuilt, any manager gets backed and the owners try to empathise with the fans

Andy S

Relegation and promotion are always unpleasant but it is what keeps football as exciting as it is

snarks

Investment of £250,000 this season, £100 million in debt, several players at the end of contracts and loanees to return to parent clubs. They really are in the mire, having said that if Mowbray had been in charge all season with the same ppg average they'd have finished top half. Just goes to show how bad some owners can be for clubs

bog

How fortunate we were to have MAF and our current one is not doing to badly either. Leeds, Charlton and the worst ever, Leyton Orient, I may not support them or particulary like some of their fans but I do have sympathies.

092.gif 

bobbo

I was sad to see them go, some time ago I was given a couple of complimentary tickets to see us play at Ewood in the directors guests area , I didn't have a tie on so they gave me one of their club ties so I could use the guests lounge - and they wouldnt take it back afterwards.
Never forgot that , lovely old club.wish them well next season.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

AlexW132

Quote from: Statto on May 08, 2017, 11:05:35 AM
In fairness if we don't go up, next season we'll be playing Burton and possibly Fleetwood!

Agree the Blackburn situation is dire. It's a good contrast to Khan. As much as we've slagged him off, I've always accepted he had the resources and at least some will (although I'm sure he's contemplated selling us at times) to bring us success; the issue was just translating that into football. Whereas with the Venky's you wonder how and why on earth they ever got in control of Blackburn.
Not Fleetwood, they're out of the playoffs.

Jims Dentist

I really don't want to sound like a vulture but:
Have always thought that Craig Conway was a good wide player.
Also Danny Graham has rediscovered his scoring touch there.
That is only relevant for the championship next season.

AlexW132

Quote from: Jims Dentist on May 10, 2017, 05:54:53 PM
I really don't want to sound like a vulture but:
Have always thought that Craig Conway was a good wide player.
Also Danny Graham has rediscovered his scoring touch there.
That is only relevant for the championship next season.
Both over 30 and are past it. No thanks.

Jims Dentist

Thanks for that Alex.
I knew Graham was getting on, but have just checked Conway and your quite right, I did not realise his age, he still plays with a lot of energy.

AlexW132

Quote from: Jims Dentist on May 10, 2017, 06:55:55 PM
Thanks for that Alex.
I knew Graham was getting on, but have just checked Conway and your quite right, I did not realise his age, he still plays with a lot of energy.
They also wouldn't suit our playing style, i.e. they thrive in crap teams.

mouse

I probably do feel for BRFC,because of our past.BUT I am genuinly very sad over London's second oldest club Leyton Orient always in the shadow of West Spam,Spuds etc,perhaps a little bit like us.
Always fond memories of away games with them,win or lose,standing on the half way line.
Good luck Orient.I hope you get over this massive mis-management...........COYW

Lighthouse

Very sad for both Blackburn and Orient and just shows how quickly fortunes can change. But for the grace of the football gods go us.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

HatterDon

Like us, Blackburn was built into a Premier League club by a wealthy owner more romantic than sensible. Like us, their "sugar daddy" moved on. Luckily for us, the people who own our club now are serious about the economic and athletic health of our club. The same cannot be said for Rovers,and that's a real shame.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

toshes mate

Hopefully the Venkys will get the much needed lobotomies and BRFC will be restored to former glories.  Its a sadly repeating story that is inevitable given the nature of the game and contemporary society.  The plight of Leyton Orient also saddens and frightens.

ScalleysDad

All the Clubs currently in the mire due to poor management by the owners have my sympathy. At Exeter City the general consensus is to get through the play offs and have an away day pay day in the final but lose gallantly. The income will bolster the Club in Division Two but will be nowhere near enough to put in a challenge in Division One as wage structures and expenses will change. It's a massive gulf between the ups and downs of the Prem and the parachute payments. Two big Clubs, Birmingham and Forest just missed sliding into the abyss and both have been messed about by previous or current owners.
Yes indeed we have had our share of luck with owners . .......... mostly.