watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff (10/05/17)...

Started by WhiteJC, May 10, 2017, 06:30:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

This Championship star should snub a move to Newcastle United and sign for Burnley

Fulham's Tom Cairney has a chance to propel the Cottagers into the Premier League in the coming weeks, with a Play-Off campaign on the horizon for Slavisa Jokanovic's side.

It is highly likely that Cairney will be playing in the top-fight next season regardless of Fulham's result in the Play-Offs, after having an impressive year in the Sky Bet Championship.

Newcastle are keen to take the midfielder to St James' Park, and according to The Sun, Burnley are also interested in striking a deal for the Scottish international.

Cairney has scored 12 goals from his 50 appearances this season, along with adding numerous assists to help Fulham achieve a top-six finish.

Should the 26-year old choose to leave Craven Cottage in the summer, which could be a real possibility, he should opt for a move to Burnley and snub the opportunity to link up with Rafa Benitez at St James' Park.

Sean Dyche is an excellent manager, who has managed to establish Burnley in the top-flight, against all odds.

Whilst there is every possibility Burnley could be fighting relegation in the Premier League next season, Cairney needs to think about his own personal development and at Turf Moor he would improve under Dyche.

Andre Gray and Jeff Hendrick are two from a number players Dyche has given a top-flight opportunity to, which has been rewarded with some excellent displays as Burnley have avoided relegation.

The high expectations at St James' Park are a positive thing for the club, but at 26, Cairney has very little Premier League experience to support what would be a multi-million-pound move.

Dyche has a history of being patient with Burnley's players, giving them a chance to better themselves in the first-team with limited pressure. If Cairney is going to make the step up to the top-flight, he needs to consider where his development will be best served.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/this-championship-star-should-snub-a-move-to-newcastle-united-and-sign-for-burnley/

WhiteJC

Reading FC skipper Paul McShane hoping it's third time lucky at Craven Cottage

Royals have suffered heavy defeats in their past two trips to Fulham

Defender Paul McShane says Reading FC's past two games at Fulham count for nothing going into this weekend's play-off semi-final clash.

Royals have a poor recent record at Craven Cottage, losing 5-0 earlier this season and 4-2 in the 2015/16 campaign.

But the Republic of Ireland international says those results will have no bearing on Saturday's game (5.30pm kick-off).

"It's a total clean slate, it's a different ball game now," said McShane.

"We've come a long way since those two games.

"It's a small stadium and the two games there in previous years have been really poor so we have to put that right and everyone is looking forward to playing Fulham again.

"It's going to be a great experience for everyone but the only way you can enjoy the play-offs is by winning them.

"We need to look forward to the final goal of reaching the Premier League and if that's not an incentive for people there must be something wrong."

McShane marked his return from injury on Sunday by playing the first 45 minutes of Reading's 4-2 victory at Burton Albion.

The centre-back had missed the previous eight games of the season after aggravating a calf problem during the defeat at Preston North End.

And he is set to start against the Whites this weekend as Royals start their push for the Premier League.

The more pressure, the better
McShane, 31, said: "I'm sure there will be a lot of twists and turns and ups and downs but hopefully we are on the right side of them.

"It's a one-off away game and you just have to give everything you can.

"If everyone can dig that bit deeper and find something to get us over the line that would be fantastic.

Chris Martin scores against Reading in the 5-0 drubbing in December (Photo: Eddie Greville)

"The more pressure the better.

"As the old saying goes, pressure is a privilege.

"We need to embrace that and learn to cope with it. That's what football is all about - playing in these high pressure games.

"This is where the real work starts. We should be delighted we're playing for something, the fans will be buzzing and hopefully we can go all the way."

Royals host Fulham in the second leg of the semi-final on Tuesday evening at Madejski Stadium.

Should Jaap Stam's side progress, they will face either Huddersfield Town or Sheffield Wednesday in the final at Wembley on Monday, May 29.

McShane added: "If there's a best way to get promoted it's through the play-offs because of all the excitement around the games and a trip to Wembley.

"That's the way we want to do it.

"We've got to keep our focus and not get too emotionally attached to it and hopefully we can go all the way."

http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/reading-fc-skipper-paul-mcshane-13007426

WhiteJC

Scott Malone calls on experienced Fulham players to help see the side through in their play-off quest

Fulham play Reading in their play-off semi-final first leg on Saturday at Craven Cottage and the left back is chomping at the bit

Scott Malone calls on experienced Fulham players to help see the side through in their play-off quest

Fulham play Reading in their play-off semi-final first leg on Saturday at Craven Cottage and the left back is chomping at the bit

Malone, who has ended the season in strong fashion at Craven Cottage and has gone from strength to strength since signing from Cardiff in July, has been working towards the goal of Premier League football his whole career - something that has taken him from Wolves to Fulham via Bournemouth, Millwall and a Hungarian outpost called Ujpest.

And now he has the opportunity to finally fulfill a life long ambition and is looking to the guidance of the more experienced senior pros to help out those that have not been in this position before.

He said: "This is all new to me, I don't think I've finished above 11th or tenth last tear in the Championship so it's all pretty new.

"I think the gaffer touched on it the other day that it's his first experience too, but we have experience in that dressing room, Scott Parker has been around for years and Kevin McDonald has been in the play-offs a few times too.

"There are a lot of people who have been in and around it so their experience is going to help the ones that haven't been there before and experienced it.

"I'm not going to fear it, I'm going to look forward to it, it's an exciting time and the gaffer said it the other day that we have four weeks now to potentially change your life, financially and career wise - it's a massive opportunity for us.

"It's two games of football, if we don't make it we dust ourselves off and go again but everyone's focus is on winning it.

"I've been working towards this now for three or four years and I've been trying to get there, this is probably the best chance I have so I'm looking forward to it and if it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen.

"It's in our own hands, if we win all our games we go up."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scott-malone-calls-experienced-fulham-13010421