watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tannoy

Started by Andy S, May 10, 2017, 08:20:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

I hope this close season Fulham spend some money on upgrading the public address system around the ground. I think it is pretty poor and the announcer talks way too fast.

Holders

I think Mo "upgraded" it in the early part of his reign, it was dreadful before. But don't be surprised, it's a Yorkshire word - 't annoy - you're not supposed to understand what's being said.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Holders on May 10, 2017, 08:31:33 AM
I think Mo "upgraded" it in the early part of his reign, it was dreadful before. But don't be surprised, it's a Yorkshire word - 't annoy - you're not supposed to understand what's being said.
As from the Uxbridge English dictionary?  👍
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

bobbo

Quote from: Andy S on May 10, 2017, 08:20:34 AM
I hope this close season Fulham spend some money on upgrading the public address system around the ground. I think it is pretty poor and the announcer talks way too fast.
agree entirely , not wishing to be disrespectful but he 's a typical young motormouth and doesn't represent the majority . While we're on it the awful loud music that also doesn't represent the majority makes it so difficult to even speak to the person sitting next to you.please fulham spare us a thought.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Dodger53

At half time he rattles out the half time scores at breakneck speed while the screen shows them for about a second and then the fulham logo sits there for about 5 minutes before highlight are shown - please slow down

Woolly Mammoth

A Tannoy as defined in the English Oxford, Collins Dictionary, is........A loud speaker system, transducer, that converts electrical signals into sounds loud enough to be heard at a distance.

To annoy, as defined in the English, Oxford, Collins Dictionary, is.......To cause irritation to another. Make somewhat angry. to haras or disturb by repeated attacks. To bother, irk, vex, provoke, aggravate, peeve. rile.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bobbo

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 10, 2017, 09:39:05 AM
Red
A Tannoy as defined in the English Oxford, Collins Dictionary, is........A loud speaker system, transducer, that converts electrical signals into sounds loud enough to be heard at a distance.

To annoy, as defined in the English, Oxford, Collins Dictionary, is.......To cause irritation to another. Make somewhat angry. to haras or disturb by repeated attacks. To bother, irk, vex, provoke, aggravate, peeve. rile.
thats it woolly sums up the music (supposedly) And the announcer.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Southdowns White

Yes, Slow it down and turn it down. Way to loud to have a conversation with your mates. In the old days the supporters would start singing before the game started building the atmosphere, now days by the time the music stops we all just want some peace and quiet.
Some other clubs beam the music at the away supporters to keep them quiet but at Fulham it seems they want to keep us all quiet.

bill taylors apprentice

Totally agree!
Public address system too loud.
Music played (generally) poor choice.
Announcer, slow down and consider, sometimes less is more!

BedsFFC

Got to be said, we're a bit bleedin moany at times

Mitch

Can't be any worse than the Leppings Lane End tannoy. My head is still ringing.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: bobbo on May 10, 2017, 09:44:51 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 10, 2017, 09:39:05 AM
Red

thats it woolly sums up the music (supposedly) And the announcer.

👍⚽️
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

AlexW132

Quote from: Mitch on May 10, 2017, 11:37:20 AM
What was annoying is that we couldn't see the big screen, so when they had a minutes applause for a former fan (I believe) who had died, we didn't have a clue what was going on, and didn't participate leading to us being slammed by the Wednesday fans on Twitter.

Mitch

Quote from: AlexW132 on May 10, 2017, 02:30:20 PM
Quote from: Mitch on May 10, 2017, 11:37:20 AM
What was annoying is that we couldn't see the big screen, so when they had a minutes applause for a former fan (I believe) who had died, we didn't have a clue what was going on, and didn't participate leading to us being slammed by the Wednesday fans on Twitter.

Wondered what the hell was going on. To be honest, the old stand is creaking pile and needs redeveloping. Terrible views, poles everywhere and as tight as a Nun's whatsit under the concourse. Down the years it's starting to feel very old, and not even in the nice antiquated way of Villa Park, but just tired.