watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The changing face of the fans

Started by Andy S, May 12, 2017, 07:07:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

Last weekend on the board was frantic excitement. Excitement that we had made the play-offs and an optimism that we would be heading for the promised land.
Then you get the Monday/Tuesday logic days where everyone looks at all the different options to see how we will do this followed by the Wednesday/Thursday lull while we await the big day. Everything looks calm and it almost looks like an end of season board.
However when you check out the Reading board there seems to be an atmosphere of we're here but we will lose to Fulham. Pessimism rules

Southcoastffc

You forgot to mention that will I wont I get a ticket days!   And football fans are notoriously fickle.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

NogoodBoyo

For some bizarre reason, I always like to look ahead at potential issues - both good and bad.  It's a good way of preparing for life.
A wonderful article on Slavisa from a couple of days ago highlighted the very surprising fact that Slavisa's wife and kids still live in Madrid due to stability in schooling the saucepans.  It wasn't mentioned, but I assume he must do a fair bit of commuting and it doesn't sound as if the family has any intention of coming over here.
Most of my working life, I've lived and worked either with people from overseas or overseas myself.  My view is that family in one country, job in another is not "sustainable".  Let's hope Slavisa gets promotion and can persuade Mrs. Jocanovic to do the right thing.  We need a happy Slavisa come what may as he is definitely one of the best managers we've ever had.
The other surprise is that nobody seems to have picked up  on this and stuck it out there as a post on its own.  It is very newsworthy, relevant and worthy of discussion.  But then, there is so much news on Fulham at the moment that is has slipped through the cracks.
Nogood "good luck tomorrow to Slavisa, the team and his family, isit" Boyo

Southcoastffc

Quote from: NogoodBoyo on May 12, 2017, 12:40:51 PM
For some bizarre reason, I always like to look ahead at potential issues - both good and bad.  It's a good way of preparing for life.
A wonderful article on Slavisa from a couple of days ago highlighted the very surprising fact that Slavisa's wife and kids still live in Madrid due to stability in schooling the saucepans.  It wasn't mentioned, but I assume he must do a fair bit of commuting and it doesn't sound as if the family has any intention of coming over here.
Most of my working life, I've lived and worked either with people from overseas or overseas myself.  My view is that family in one country, job in another is not "sustainable".  Let's hope Slavisa gets promotion and can persuade Mrs. Jocanovic to do the right thing.  We need a happy Slavisa come what may as he is definitely one of the best managers we've ever had.
The other surprise is that nobody seems to have picked up  on this and stuck it out there as a post on its own.  It is very newsworthy, relevant and worthy of discussion.  But then, there is so much news on Fulham at the moment that is has slipped through the cracks.
Agreed - I noted and am slightly worried by Slavisa's reference to his like of Spanish life.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Andy S

Obviously it works for him at the moment. I suppose there is Skype and various social media today. Without it would have been a lot more difficult to sustain a relationship. Likewise when he goes home for the summer he can keep in touch with the club and what is going on. Others can do the coaching and other stuff

cmg

Quote from: Southcoastffc on May 12, 2017, 12:59:46 PM
Quote from: NogoodBoyo on May 12, 2017, 12:40:51 PM
Agreed - I noted and am slightly worried by Slavisa's reference to his like of Spanish life.

No problem there.
If we get promotion we simply apply to join La Liga instead of the PL.
What's not to like? Good football. Nicer venues. Two trips to Madrid. Most of the rest of the teams are on or near the coast. Weekend in Gran Canaria and maybe Tenerife if the play-offs go their way. February Tuesday night in Burnley or Malaga? You know it makes sense.

nose

Quote from: Southcoastffc on May 12, 2017, 07:24:34 AM
You forgot to mention that will I wont I get a ticket days!   And football fans are notoriously fickle.

that  was the worst of all
i can cope with the result (usually) but not with not having a ticket
actually I can't cope with the result if I feel the referee has had an undue influenmce... if I find it is lee probate tomorrow it will probably see me having a funny turn this evening!