watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Just got back

Started by Peabody, May 13, 2017, 09:11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

It is half time. The atmosphere in the Cottae was magnificent, starting with a tremendous reception for Roy Hodgson. However, Reading stopped us playing football, which, incidentally, they never played either, after 15 mins there was 5 minutes to add on. If that is the way they want to play football, then they are in for a shock if they do go up. As for us, we'll it is only half time and it's still in our hands

Fulham76

I suppose their time wasting probably shows they had a bit of fear of us today.

I doubt they'll be so negative at home on Tuesday which I'm hoping will help us.

Woolly Mammoth

Yes the atmosphere was superb and we have a great chance to get to Wembley, we can play so much better. I don't think they can.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

JoelH5

Their captain is out of the next game and Obita the goal scorer left on a stretcher at full time so may be out.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

jarv

I was able to get a pirate stream in America. Reading ? Total anti football but what do you expect from the ex manure thug who coaches them? I thought Fulham were magnificent, especially in the second half. I am very worried about Tuesday though, I dont see the anti football changing.

Woolly Mammoth

I hope we have a stricter referee, Attwell was too lenient, and it just encouraged Reading to continue their dirty tricks department.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

FFCFOREVER

Can you imagine a Reading vs Sheff Weds in the final.What a total injustice to the game of football that would be.Two horrible teams.

davew

Quote from: FFCFOREVER on May 13, 2017, 09:29:28 PM
Can you imagine a Reading vs Sheff Weds in the final.What a total injustice to the game of football that would be.Two horrible teams.
Could be the first football game to be shown on Fight Night!!! I would pay £14-95 to watch it and smash my TV!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

1wednesday

Quote from: FFCFOREVER on May 13, 2017, 09:29:28 PM
Yes can imagine that, it will do nicely, you could of course just not watch the final.

simplyfulham

Reading came to stop us playing. That's the thing I noticed and thought was interesting too.

For 2 reasons:
1. The third best team over the course of the season felt all that their best chance of success was to stifle us and stop us from playing. That's a massive amount of respect shown to us (and they couldn't even manage to do that really!)

I can't help but think, if posistions were reversed and we had played that way against them away in the first leg. As a fan I wouldn't be overly happy with that performance.

2. The other this means is Jaap has 3 days now to totally and completely change the mindset of his team and to get them to set up to come out and attack. The polar opposite of the performance they put in today.

Slav meanwhile, will pretty much say 'same again lads'. Get up, go again and get at them the same way as we finished the game. Surely a far easier team prep.

mouse

I don't know if I am talking a load of old bollax but today's result made me somehow relax.
The hard part is done and it is not negative.Second half to be played in the ground I can't pronouce..
Better than taking slender result and defend it.
I have great faith for Tuesday and have black and white belief running through me.....COYW.........FTID

Carborundum

Quote from: simplyfulham on May 13, 2017, 10:23:11 PM
Reading came to stop us playing. That's the thing I noticed and thought was interesting too.

For 2 reasons:
1. The third best team over the course of the season felt all that their best chance of success was to stifle us and stop us from playing. That's a massive amount of respect shown to us (and they couldn't even manage to do that really!)

I can't help but think, if posistions were reversed and we had played that way against them away in the first leg. As a fan I wouldn't be overly happy with that performance.

2. The other this means is Jaap has 3 days now to totally and completely change the mindset of his team and to get them to set up to come out and attack. The polar opposite of the performance they put in today.

Slav meanwhile, will pretty much say 'same again lads'. Get up, go again and get at them the same way as we finished the game. Surely a far easier team prep.
Really well put.  Reading came to make it a battle of attrition and appear to have lost two key defenders for the second half.  They will be vulnerable and it's a great opportunity. 

Twig

Quote from: simplyfulham on May 13, 2017, 10:23:11 PM

For 2 reasons:

Completely agree.

hovewhite

Not suprised we drew,totally believe we will win tuesday.coyw

toshes mate

It's only halfway lads and there is still everything to play for on Tuesday.   We should have learned a few useful things about Reading yesterday, things that can be exploited much better when you are away from home......

Count Flapula

Agree the atmosphere was amazing - really proud to be a Fulham supporter yesterday. There is absolutely no better ground in English football than the Cottage when it's like that.

Also Reading MUST come out and go for it more at home, which will suit us better. Our recent away form is lethal - better than our home form even, so I honestly am not too disheartened.

We can do this.