watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fredericks

Started by Bassey the warrior, May 13, 2017, 07:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

Thought he was poor today. Last home game againat Reading he ate Obita for breakfast but was the other way round this time. We were very weak on the right all game as both Ayite and Aluko struggled there too.

PokerMatt

Yep I think obita was their best player today. And that's hard to decide because they're an awful bunch of snide time wasters.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Slaphead in Qatar

Yeah Fred not good today. He will be better on Tuesday

At least he did not lose his temper and get sent off.

Milo

Think his lack of ambition in first 70 mins was more indicative of entire team than him alone

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Stefan The Viking (The Moose) on May 13, 2017, 07:57:38 PM
Thought he was poor today. Last home game againat Reading he ate Obita for breakfast but was the other way round this time. We were very weak on the right all game as both Ayite and Aluko struggled there too.

Good coaching and being given strict instructions helps. Obita never over committed and never wandered off.
It might be blasphemous but I think Stam nailed it today.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: ScalleysDad on May 13, 2017, 08:06:35 PM

Good coaching and being given strict instructions helps. Obita never over committed and never wandered off.

Reading defended very well. Better than we did.

stevehawkinslidingtackle

Quote from: ScalleysDad on May 13, 2017, 08:06:35 PM

Yup. That and we were just too slow for first 50 min.  It shouldn't take a goal from the opposition to spark us into life, we should be doing that from the first whistle. Let's just hope Reading think the job is done and we tear em a new one on tues

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Milo on May 13, 2017, 08:03:00 PM
Think his lack of ambition in first 70 mins was more indicative of entire team than him alone

Well said. It was a team wide problem. Fredericks was no worse than anyone else. If some noticed a problem it was because Fredericks has been an outstanding source of energy and moves in so many games.

davew

All good postings on this thread (so far), Fred's was hardly able to press forwards due to their set up, once they were down to 10 men he and all of our team had more space, Tuesday he will excell for us!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Twig

It wasn't just his lack of ambition.  He made poor decisions; 44th minute and again in 2nd half added time he could have got his head up and picked a telling pass. Instead he panicked and blazed over/ wide.  He also ran into cul de sacs when in possession.  All in all, second only to Martin as a disappointment.

Arthur

Last home game againat Reading he ate Obita for breakfast but was the other way round this time.

Wasn't Tyler Blackett at left-back at CC earlier this season?

Andy S

I think the problem was because of instructions from Slavisa. The instructions were to contain them and don't make mistakes. You don't want to lose the first leg. I believe Stam said the same to his players as well. It's hard to know how the sending off will affect their team for Tuesday

Tonywa

Totally agree and was amazed to read in another post how weak Reading were at left back. The only time Fredericks beat Obita for pace was towards the end and he then pulled the cross back too far.  Like it or not (and I didn't from the point of view of entertainment) Stam certainly did his homework on us.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Arthur on May 14, 2017, 12:00:07 AM
Last home game againat Reading he ate Obita for breakfast but was the other way round this time.

Wasn't Tyler Blackett at left-back at CC earlier this season?

No. Same back four as yesterday.

nose

think reading's tactics caused a ripple of nerves through the team and as a result passing and descion making went wrong far too often from far too many players, fred was no better or rworse than any others. for me cairney had a very poor first 65 mins and reminded me of the spurs game.

reading ensured we could not pass the ball at will at the back, which is a usual feature of other teams that just drop off.
ayite, despite a sublime lay off for the goal was dreadful, aluko worked hard but hardly bothered them and missed a very decent chance....  johansen was disapointing and so on.

martin had a decent first half but we needed more pace and it was his withdrawl that started a bit of a turn round and i think the manager should take note.

filham

The Reading defence gave absolutely nothing away and just managed to stop raids down their left flank by Fredericks. I am confident however that further efforts by Fredericks on Tuesday may well be more successful.