watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

As 1 door closes......

Started by davew, May 17, 2017, 09:37:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

Like everybody else, I feel gutted this morning that we have missed out on a golden opportunity to get to Wembley and win promotion. Many of our fans will now feel optimistic about next season, but let's be realistic, in all probability we will lose our 2 most valuable players i.e. Cairney & Sess and maybe even Malone, also Kalas might not join us, the competition for promotion will be tougher, can't see Derby, Villa and Norwich not challenging and of course the 3 relegated sides from the PL will be a threat. It has been a great season for us, we have definitely over achieved on what was expected, I fear that it will be many years before we see the same again.

Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

davew

Just heard that 1 of my golfing friend's daughter in law (aged in her 20's) was killed in a road accident last night, that puts things back into perspective!! Tragic!!

FFC1987

I'm glad someone else has acknowledged this. I think this has been the weakest playoffs in years and this was really our big chance of avoiding following years of much fiercer competition in the championship. Unless we keep most of the squad and invest quite heavily, I honestly can't see us doing as well......

FulhamStu

We know there has been massive interest in Sess, but we also know he likes being at Fulham, is very level headed, gets games and understands he has 20 years at the top of the game in front of him.  Every reason to think he will stay, maybe sign for a top club in a year and return on loan, that would make perfect sense and everyone would be happy.

As for Cairney, again all we hear is he loves it at Fulham, is captain, and Khan junior and Slav are quoted this morning saying we will keep our top players, he is also under contract so i expect, he will be offered an upgrade to his contract, maybe be our highest paid player and sign an extension.  Suspect it will have a buy out clause but this will be seriously big money, say £20M plus.

Lighthouse

We managed to reach the playoffs without a recognised striker. Without a really decent centre half. But as a team we were among the best. I don't buy in with the idea we will struggle to keep the best players. A few will go but what we need is a spine to the team. To make it this far and score so many goal was a great achievement. After the January non transfer window I did fear this Summer and what it would mean. But that fear has slightly diminished.

However, play off failures again and bad decisions going against us and narrow defeats in the biggest games.

Well it is understandable we should all feel down at the moment.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

toshes mate

I think SJ can and will work the automatic promotion magic next season and we can retain the core components of the team, but he does need the total support of the Board with key elements of the team.

SuffolkWhite

I have bought a season ticket before the play offs took place as I believe we will push for promotion next season, I also believe that we will keep most of the squad and top players.

I think FFP allowing we will invest in the team.

The January question eg (we should have signed players) I can't comment on because I don't know the in and outs of why players wern't brought in. It could be the policy was not to spend and stick to the two year plan of going for promotion and we have over achieved this season, Or it could be that Player, Agents, complications etc meant we just could not sign players.

Anyway it was a shame to go out the play offs but it ain't the end of the world.

COYW
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

nose

Quote from: davew on May 17, 2017, 09:48:31 AM
Just heard that 1 of my golfing friend's daughter in law (aged in her 20's) was killed in a road accident last night, that puts things back into perspective!! Tragic!!

It does and is very unfortunate indeed. I have a close relative that lost his teenage son last year and it is totally devastating. There is no recovery, and it adds perspective.

SuffolkWhite

Quote from: nose on May 17, 2017, 10:55:41 AM

It does and is very unfortunate indeed. I have a close relative that lost his teenage son last year and it is totally devastating. There is no recovery, and it adds perspective.

Yep had our family loss last year and year before and it does give perspective to life....it's good to be passionate about Fulham but it's a rollercoaster a bit like life.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

AlexW132

I wouldn't worry about Hull or Sunderland personally

Mince n Tatties

That's terrible Dave...All the best.
And yes it does put things in perspective, its only a game of kick ball.

Logicalman

I believe it will all turn on whether Slav stays. If he does, I can see those players likely wanting to stay and forge ahead with him, as they already have the belief we can do well. We do need to get a couple of strikers in though, that's a cert.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

davew

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 17, 2017, 11:39:14 AM

That's terrible Dave...All the best.
And yes it does put things in perspective, its only a game of kick ball.
Thanks Mince!!