watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Yesterday's Gate

Started by filham, May 14, 2017, 01:03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

The attendance for yesterday's game is given as 23,717 but the advice on Friday was that all seats had been sold.
I thought the ground capacity was about 25,500 so does this mean that some fans were shut out who could have been given a seat.

alfie

Quote from: filham on May 14, 2017, 01:03:40 PM
The attendance for yesterday's game is given as 23,717 but the advice on Friday was that all seats had been sold.
I thought the ground capacity was about 25,500 so does this mean that some fans were shut out who could have been given a seat.
i know 2 that didn't get there due car breakdown.
I also think they have to keep a certain amount of seats empty for emergency reason (not definite on that though)
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

fulhamben

And as stated on another thread, hundreds were taken up for segregation netting
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Roberty

Quote from: filham on May 14, 2017, 01:03:40 PM

The announcement was that all the seats for the second leg - next Tuesday - had been sold

On Saturday the ticket office was open for people with a booking history to buy tickets - mainly at the Putney End - my son had four tickets in P4 and one in the Riverside - he was able to swap for five together in P4

There were no tickets on General Sale
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Neil D

The segregated, no-access area in the Putney End wouldn't account for 2000 seats - maybe 300 at the most.  So, was it really a sell-out?

Roberty

Quote from: Neil D on May 14, 2017, 05:59:03 PM
The segregated, no-access area in the Putney End wouldn't account for 2000 seats - maybe 300 at the most.  So, was it really a sell-out?

The figures say no, BUT who said it was a sell out???
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

HillingdonFFC

Official capacity 25,700 odd, no way was there 2000 empty sears there yesterday. I couldn't get a seat in the Hammersmith end, it was completely sold out inc restricted view.
.As Neil D said the segregation gap couldn't account for anymore than a few hundred & there was a very small section of empty seats near the back of P4, apart from that tbe ground looked completely packed

Scrumpy

I was surprised as well. Thought it looked 25k+. But consider this.....
I sit in H5 and it has 54 rows of seats (1-4, then A-Z, then AA-XX), so lets assume that Putney is similar. A width of netting 20 seats wide (it looked about that) = over a thousand empty seats. Plus a few hundred unsold in P4, and QED.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Chesh

The cordoned off bit would be about 800,as p5-p7 holds 2760. Add to that the 2-300 that were not sold by ko in P4, and there were 1200 empty seats tops. Crowd was approx. 24500 imo
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

filham

When we were in the Premiership we were hitting the 25K + figure regularly, we seem to have lost the ability now and fans and the club's purse must be suffering.

Southcoastffc

As above, the estimate of 300 for the netted area is woefully understated.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Neil D

Quote from: Southcoastffc on May 15, 2017, 04:33:26 PM
As above, the estimate of 300 for the netted area is woefully understated.
Having failed Maths O level three times, I humbly defer...

Funky Fulham Dave

The official attendance is calculated on the number of tickets sold not the actual number who attend on match-day.

Apparently the average non-shows on match-days this season have been a staggering 3,000.