watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR The Newspapers and Footballers

Started by Peabody, September 05, 2010, 07:26:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Do not disagree with you Burt. All I am saying is that the tabliods seem to pick the moment when they publish this kind of thing. It's as if they want England to fail so that they can print even more bile about everyone associated with the team. To me it is a great pity that the press devote as much time to finding out what has happened to a missing child like Maddie. They dont because the targets they choose is much easier work.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Peabody on September 06, 2010, 03:25:34 PM
Do not disagree with you Burt. All I am saying is that the tabliods seem to pick the moment when they publish this kind of thing. It's as if they want England to fail so that they can print even more bile about everyone associated with the team. To me it is a great pity that the press devote as much time to finding out what has happened to a missing child like Maddie. They dont because the targets they choose is much easier work.

But when could they report something and not be accused of 'damagind england'?. With or without Rooney,. England should win on tuesday.

leonffc

Quote from: Peabody on September 06, 2010, 03:25:34 PM
Do not disagree with you Burt. All I am saying is that the tabliods seem to pick the moment when they publish this kind of thing. It's as if they want England to fail so that they can print even more bile about everyone associated with the team.

I dont think its about picking the moment. These rumours were rife during the world cup which makes me suspect it was more to do with an injunction running out than the tabloids choosing to run it between these two England games.
Personally I didn't believe them at the time - I mean, surely he wouldn't do it again with his fame would he? MUG!!

vagrant

Picked up Daily Mirror this morning, and from the front page to page 8, it's all about Rooney, and his missus, and the other girl, and the old dear from 6 years ago.  Journalism at it's best!!!!!

I have often said, this country gets the press it deserves......

alfie1

So he is a famous footballer earns shed loads of money, but i fail to understand why this is "in the public interest"
i have no interest in it whatsoever, i could not care less, it is between him and his family, he may well have been in the wrong but once again a girl out to make as much money from the papers as she can, if you need to expose it fine but why be paid for doing so.

epsomraver

he went with her because "a pal" told him she was discreet   :005:

On the point of the  public interest Alfie,  all the crap about the Coles and their problems is not newsworthy but it seems to sell newspapers if that is what you can call them now, more like  make it up if no facts rags, the classic " a source said"," a pal said" that is paper  talk for " made it up"!

CorkedHat

Quote from: Peabody on September 06, 2010, 09:28:40 AM
Just one question, why, when the alledged incidents took place in England, did he pay in dollars?

The clue, Mr P comes from the website from which the article was lifted: smh.com.au and Daily Telegraph, London.
SMH stands for the Sydney Morning Herald who have converted the English amount paid, into Australian Dollars for the sake of their local readers.

What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

blingo

then he never got yanked off.....just went down under lol lol lol

CorkedHat

Quote from: blingo on September 07, 2010, 12:14:12 PM
then he never got yanked off.....just went down under lol lol lol

God, you are on form Mr B  :54:
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us