watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

My take ... FWIW

Started by HatterDon, May 17, 2017, 03:58:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

Wore my Woodrow shirt all day. A guy at the grocery store smiled and said "Hope you make it back to the Premier League." It's been a long long time since I've gotten any reaction from wearing Fulham gear.

We could have been a bit more clinical in front of goal. Having said that, we pressured them and our attacks were effective.

I thought Malone was only about 75% focused. Based on his usual level of play, it was very noticeable to me. Unfortunately, when Sess came on, all he was was fast. He wasn't clever or effective -- just fast.

The "no striker" formation that has worked so well for us throughout the second half of the season didn't work today. Ayite and Aluko were ineffective. With Malone under par, only Frederick was a real threat wide.

Cairney looked like a very good player today. Thing is, he's looked a lot more than that the last few months.

The penalty was a gut punch, but no blame should be down to Atkinson. "Live" it looked dodgy. The replay made the fact that Reading handled first very clear. The second replay only showed the ball rolling down our guys' forearm -- a clear no-doubt penalty. The problem is that the second replay was EXACTLY what the ref saw. Hard dart.

Our attack improved by at least 75% when Martin came on the pitch. He came close to scoring twice and provided some needed physicality in the box. I was disappointed [but not surprised] when his appearance was met with boos. I'm glad he's gone. I'm tired of the childishness about him every time he appears.

There was no shame in losing today. We finished a season to be proud of with a good, professional performance that was good enough to get us to Wembley ... were it not for al Habsi.

Rooting for Wednesday in the final.

Enjoyed hearing nothing but Spanish over the TV during the match. It reminded me of the 1970 World Cup ... not to mention the the 78 cup which I heard entirely in Greek.

Hatter Don's MoTM is Kevin McDonald.

So very very very proud to be Fulham today.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Fulhamerica23

Agreed on basically all fronts.

My biggest takeaway, fwiw: Sessengon is not ready for a move. Deer in the headlights in the second half. He's going to be a brilliant player for sure. Will be playing in games bigger than this: Champions League Knockouts, World Cup Knockouts, ect. Moment was a bit too big for him, sadly. Will be gutted if he leaves and this is the last thing we see from him in a Fulham shirt.

Snibbo

Re the pen, looked to me like Kermorgant was pulling Kalas's arm to the ball,  but can see why the ref gave it.

Re Sess, agreed, he contributed little,  but Slav had to try something.

MOTM for me: Tim Ream. Faultless.

Burt

Big couple of months coming up.

If we keep the manager, if we manage to retain the nucleus of what has been a competitive team and if we make a couple of smart moves in the transfer market then we will be in good shape for next season.

My worry is the reliance on too many "ifs".

The playoffs are history, we can't change that, regardless of how hard done by we feel about the two legs against Reading. It is what it is. So hopefully the focus in the club will not be one of doom, but on how close we are to being genuine promotion contenders for next season and the steps we need to take to make that happen.