watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I am proudl

Started by Peabody, May 17, 2017, 05:11:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

This was supposed to be about thanking the playing side of the club, of course there  were aspects that need criticising but we (the fans) were not party to what went on, so please let's just thank those who deserve our thanks

bog

Quote from: Peabody on May 18, 2017, 08:25:06 AM
This was supposed to be about thanking the playing side of the club, of course there  were aspects that need criticising but we (the fans) were not party to what went on, so please let's just thank those who deserve our thanks
:plus one:

jarv

Spot on post. This is Fulham, you never know what you are going to get. I recall the 70s when we were a very entertaining 2nd division team, good crowds (G. Best helped with that for a season) very good football and fell shy of promotion 2 or 3 times. Bonus...a cup final.
I think all you sesason ticket holders can look forward to a good season next year. I am planning to fly over and attend several games next year. Can't wait already.

Kent Cassandra

I agree with you Mr P, hope you have a fantastic summer and you have every right to feel proud.
As for you Mr nose, we all have two choices we can be happy and proud like Mr P or depressed and negative...no brainer I would say.
Cornish Cassandra 1996, Don Quixote 2002, Kent Cassandra 2009.

nose

Quote from: Kent Cassandra on May 18, 2017, 02:00:24 PM
I agree with you Mr P, hope you have a fantastic summer and you have every right to feel proud.
As for you Mr nose, we all have two choices we can be happy and proud like Mr P or depressed and negative...no brainer I would say.

at the risk of being told off for going off topic.
i did ebverything in power to get tickets for reading, spent ages worrying they wouldn't turn up, took half a day off work, got my boy back from manchester to join us on the evening. Got fullly 'behind the lads' and have been devastated with the feeling of if only

Unlike others I only want what is best for the club in the long run and feel now is the right time to scream what went wrong. i am not happy to put up with what is offered when I have been promised better. we all saw what was good in the team and I have come back on here and re framed my comments so that I unequivocally showed my appreciation for the sublime football and efforts of the playing staff and manager. but for the want of a bit of dynamism in the previous transfer window, we could easilly have got to wembley and gone up. Our team is the best football since malom macdonald, as commited and try as hard as hodgson's teams. Wonderful we all see that.

but in the end we failed and we need to focus on why and how to do better. That is my point and I promise to behave and not upset anybody any more in this thread in wanting to discuss that.

RaySmith

The players did us proud, and gave everything the other night, and a great job  just to be in a play-off position after being so far behind, with some scintillating displays.

So thanks to them and to Slavisa, and to those supporters who went to Reading - all  making us proud to be Fulham fans.

Woolly Mammoth

The players team and manager have all left me with many happy memories of this season which may have ended in glorious defeat, but more so due to the contentious decisions of a couple of referees.
Nevertheless, happy days, I shall look forward to many more.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

HatterDon

Not for the first time, Mr. Peabody, I agree with everything you've said. Unfortunately, so few of us are pleased to have Fulham associated with phrases like "best football in the division," "top scorers," consistent road warriors." Instead, many of us prefer to concentrate on chances not converted or defensive mistakes.

As always, I'm reminded of the Nobel Prize winner in literature who once wrote, "You know, some people don't have enough to eat ... but they have knives and they gotta cut something."

COYW -- Can't wait until next season
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel