watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Congrats Cookie OBE

Started by stevehawkinslidingtackle, May 22, 2017, 08:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevehawkinslidingtackle

I remember about 1998, 5 of us traveled up to Nottingham to watch us away at Notts County. An old girlfriend who worked for Amex travel got us a deal at the Village hotel in Chilwell. As we were checking in on the Friday afternoon, a big Adidas coach pulled up outside, and the team, inc Keegan, Beardsley, Coleman etc etc all walked into the reception. We were in our late 20's then, but still a bit star struck and said nothing as we were all surrounded by the entire management and squad. Not once did we tell them we were fans, and there for the weekend and to watch them play.

We got in the lift, and were joined by Steve Hayward, Peter Beardsley and 2 others. Hayward kept p1ssing around banging the doors open button, and we didnt go up for a few minutes. Star struck and a bit hung over, we still didnt introduce ourselves.

To cut a long story short the next day we played sh1te. I think we lost 1-0. Later that Saturday night, around 11pm we were in The Orchid ? ? ? nightclub in Nottingham . By chance, we saw a receptionist from our hotel there, she was an absolute beauty, so we drunkenly had the courage to chat to her, say why we were there, that we were staying in here hotel etc....
She told us that the night before, ( Fri night ) she  was working night shift and was drinking with our captain Chris Coleman, and another player she described, who must have been Kit Symons. She said they were hammered, and they drank till 4 am ( the night b4 the game ) . She said they both had tried it on with her and she gave them both the elbow, because they were both wrecked.

Looking back, they were absolutely pants that game. But on a plus side the performance of a certain Notts County right back, Steve Finnan, persuaded Keegan to buy him shortly after.

Anyway, so Coleman has his OBE. Congrats to Cookie, a man no doubt who has dodged many bullets in his life, mainly involving drink, ( there are many stories if you are bothered to look ) but has come out the other end, smelling of roses. Congrats to you Mr Coleman. A great player in your day, and a fantastic role model to p1ss heads up and down the Country.  :wine:

alfie

Quote from: stevehawkinslidingtackle on May 22, 2017, 08:40:18 PM
I remember about 1998, 5 of us traveled up to Nottingham to watch us away at Notts County. An old girlfriend who worked for Amex travel got us a deal at the Village hotel in Chilwell. As we were checking in on the Friday afternoon, a big Adidas coach pulled up outside, and the team, inc Keegan, Beardsley, Coleman etc etc all walked into the reception. We were in our late 20's then, but still a bit star struck and said nothing as we were all surrounded by the entire management and squad. Not once did we tell them we were fans, and there for the weekend and to watch them play.

We got in the lift, and were joined by Steve Hayward, Peter Beardsley and 2 others. Hayward kept p1ssing around banging the doors open button, and we didnt go up for a few minutes. Star struck and a bit hung over, we still didnt introduce ourselves.

To cut a long story short the next day we played sh1te. I think we lost 1-0. Later that Saturday night, around 11pm we were in The Orchid ? ? ? nightclub in Nottingham . By chance, we saw a receptionist from our hotel there, she was an absolute beauty, so we drunkenly had the courage to chat to her, say why we were there, that we were staying in here hotel etc....
She told us that the night before, ( Fri night ) she  was working night shift and was drinking with our captain Chris Coleman, and another player she described, who must have been Kit Symons. She said they were hammered, and they drank till 4 am ( the night b4 the game ) . She said they both had tried it on with her and she gave them both the elbow, because they were both wrecked.

Looking back, they were absolutely pants that game. But on a plus side the performance of a certain Notts County right back, Steve Finnan, persuaded Keegan to buy him shortly after.

Anyway, so Coleman has his OBE. Congrats to Cookie, a man no doubt who has dodged many bullets in his life, mainly involving drink, ( there are many stories if you are bothered to look ) but has come out the other end, smelling of roses. Congrats to you Mr Coleman. A great player in your day, and a fantastic role model to p1ss heads up and down the Country.  :wine:
Well i can say i have personally experienced a night out drinking with said Mr Coleman,and boy could he drink, there was another player with him but I just cannot Remember who it was, other he was a black guy.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't