Main Menu

Met a Sheffield Wednesday fan yesterday

Started by The Swan, May 28, 2017, 08:38:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: toshes mate on May 31, 2017, 08:31:17 AM
Quote from: nose on May 30, 2017, 10:36:50 PM
i do not like the cheating stuff either

What bothers me, nose, is that those who fail to call a cheat a cheat are, in effect, condoning and accepting the cheating.  As a simple example in other sports, like athletics and cycling, this same cheating has become the subject of scientific and medical research into masking agents to blindside and hide drugs from those who try to control fairness and legality by producing a level playing field in a sport.  Failure to eliminate cheating leads to a loss of credibility in everything about sport and brings even the innocent into disrepute.

Reading's tactic is to complain to the referee about every decision made against them and then surround the guy when they are fouled by the opposition.  It was outlawed once but has crept back into the game because nobody has the balls to stop it, less they upset the maestros of the art.   It consumes precious playing time that is turned into bickering time and yet some claim we should not 'hate' it.  I'm sorry but the fatuousness of some people just makes me justifiably angry.  I don't hate them; I despise them for their lack of intelligence.

I guess you are aiming that at me and while I agree with all your points I also see two ways of looking at it. What Reading were successful at doing is detrimental to football and I'd like for it to be irradiated. My comment (heavily inebriated unfortunately) is more of an isolated event. To me whinging about Reading just sounds like sour grapes. They got some decisions they shouldn't have but so have we this season. I would love to stop cheating, surrounding the ref, and so much of what we see in football but I can't believe that when kermogant did what he did and the unseen handball in the first leg were part of some elaborate plan. We scored one goal in 180 minutes and were let down by officials on both of their goals but they did a job on us and I think we are cheapening ourselves by calling them cheats. Anyway I'm glad this has caused some discussion and think that a video referee is needed. The problem is that you draw a line between grass roots and top level football when you introduce technology. I will let you know when I have the answer. Don't hold your breath.