News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A proposal to scrap 45 minute halves.....

Started by Andy S, June 17, 2017, 11:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: nose on June 20, 2017, 11:37:23 AM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 20, 2017, 09:39:14 AM
As has already been pointed out, there is money to made behind it somewhere. There are always hidden agendas on these issues creeping around in the background.
Ever since Adam meet Eve, and said stand back I don't know how big this thing gets, there has always been corruption in football by the individuals who have the power to influence and will squeeze out the last penny they can make when it comes to profit.
Deals made behind closed doors and in corridors. 
If you want proof, then visit Rogues Gallery, whereupon you will observe portraits and photographs of these Herbert's some hanging on the walls, some hanging with a noose tightened around their corrupt necks.
But they have always been there, like a virus waiting to breakout.

I like a good conspiracy theory and here it is (not mine what I heard from a man who knows a man etc)

They want to encourage planned stoppages to make advertising easier during the game, especially betting. So players will be encouraged to fall over at regul;ar intervals, that will suit sheff wed and reading's goalkeepers down to the ground (no pun intended).

An interesting theory, and no doubt players could be offered various commision rates to mirror their contribution in making this work for their masters, which will also run in conjunction with falling over at various intervals as we already have the misfortune of being indulged every week in certain Stadia.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

toshes mate

And so it wouldn't be long before football is as tainted as cricket was with spread betting about numbers of times a game is stopped up to a certain point of time.  The bookies are certainly people who cannot be trusted at any level.

Lighthouse

As a fan of watching tennis I am sorry that they are putting forward ideas to change that game. I guess in future as the attention span of the yoof  seem to be unable to concentrate on anything for more than a few seconds. It makes sense. I just hope I don't have to endure it. I know many people like limited over cricket. I don't and while new ideas are fine. Changing the game fundamentally would be a mistake.

I guess the sport will chase the money, then appear exclusively again on Sky and like boxing and cricket and as racing has learned. Almost disappear from popularity.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope