more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Worst Remakes Of Films.

Started by Mince n Tatties, June 11, 2017, 02:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Jem on June 12, 2017, 09:12:42 PM
I have to agree with general concensus but for me one exception would be Cape Fear. Both excellent films that I like equally.

Yes the one exception is Cape Fear,De Niro and co all played superb parts.

Forever Fulham

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 13, 2017, 05:42:56 AM
Quote from: Jem on June 12, 2017, 09:12:42 PM
I have to agree with general concensus but for me one exception would be Cape Fear. Both excellent films that I like equally.

Yes the one exception is Cape Fear,De Niro and co all played superb parts.
DeNiro's character was indelibly sinister.  Remember when he started speaking in tongues?  A kind of scatting gibberish.  Brilliant.  I think that Scorcese version was superior to the original (and it had Robert Mitchum!)

Kurosawa's classic was not really that similar to The Magnificent Seven.  In some ways, two very different movies.  I found the latter more accessible (naturally) and totally engrossing.  The Denzel Washington remake was boring and predictable. 

The Swedish child vampire movie, Let Them in or Let Him In (can't remember the exact title) was fresh and quirky.  It's sequel predictable, but not that bad. 

toshes mate

Quote from: Forever Fulham on June 13, 2017, 06:48:39 AM

Kurosawa's classic was not really that similar to The Magnificent Seven.

Yes, you are right.  One was in B&W and the other was in colour and had a wider screen.

:-)

Logicalman

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 12, 2017, 03:24:28 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 11, 2017, 02:35:05 PM
Just watched half of St Trinian's(that was enough)
Russell Brand trying to act as Harry the Spiv,I should think George Cole is turning in his grave,what utter tosh.
The Flight of The Phoenix remake was nonsense as well,imo.

Wait until you see the remake of Debbie Does Dallas.

Debbie Does Darlington doesn't quite have the same ring to it, does it?
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on June 13, 2017, 05:17:57 AM
Quote from: BarryP on June 12, 2017, 10:35:52 PM
Charley and the Chocolate Factory.  It's hard to follow Gene Wilder.

Possibly the worst remake of the lot!

Thought Depp would have turned that one down out of respect. But, I guess that Tim Burton owns his soul or something.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Dodgin

The Equalizer

Ghostbusters. Grr.

I watched the trailer for the remake of 'Flatliners' today. The original was a really good and original thriller. The remake looks like a very dull photocopy.

One day the studios will realise that remakes are generally terrible and rarely make good returns on investment.

The exceptions:

Cape Fear (as already mentioned) was brilliant.
The Departed - Scorsese nailed this one.
A Fistful of Dollars - Sergio and Clint go Yojimbo.
Oldboy - actually a really good version of the legendary Korean thriller.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Woolly Mammoth

Was there a remake of the Human Centipede, or was that the remake ?
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Lighthouse

I am easily entertained so most remakes may pale into insignificance but they are watchable. Some are just awful. True Grit  is one I was surprised I really enjoyed as much as the original .
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

cmg

Quote from: Lighthouse on June 14, 2017, 10:02:05 AM
I am easily entertained so most remakes may pale into insignificance but they are watchable. Some are just awful. True Grit  is one I was surprised I really enjoyed as much as the original .

I'm with you about 'True Grit'.
But perhaps no great surprise there. Jeff Bridges is a fine actor and, perhaps more importantly and unlike many stars, rarely makes a bad choice of roles. The Coen brothers are simply unsurpassed, in my opinion, when it comes to movie creation.

HatterDon

By far, the BEST remake of an earlier film was John Huston's The Maltese Falcon with Humphrey Bogart.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Forever Fulham

The Fly; 3:10 to Yuma; and The Thing were all better, much better, the second time around. 

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Forever Fulham on June 16, 2017, 12:15:43 AM
The Fly; 3:10 to Yuma; and The Thing were all better, much better, the second time around. 

All three were good.
Yes 'The Thing' second time round was excellent. The special effects were very good. I thought it was a better story also.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: Forever Fulham on June 16, 2017, 12:15:43 AM

Love the 3:10 to Yuma. Also I didn't know true grit was a remake but absolutely love that film. I've since watched old and new repeatedly and can't draw a line between them. Probably the wrong post for the wrong thread but just saying.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on June 14, 2017, 09:43:47 AM
Was there a remake of the Human Centipede, or was that the remake ?

There was a sequel which was just......oh so bad.

No one has mentioned The Ring.
The original Japanese version was so much better than the yank one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Everything is difficult before it's easy!