Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff (08.09.10)

Started by White Noise, September 07, 2010, 11:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://blogs.soccernet.com/fulham/archives/2010/09/the_life_of_brian.php

The Life of Brian

Posted by Phil Mison 1 hour, 15 minutes ago

Brian McBride announced his retirement from football in the past few days. Fulham fans owe him an enormous debt of gratitude for helping preserve our Premiership status in trying times. It needed a big character to take over the shirt from 'King Louis,' Brian did just that.

Last Friday I debuted on Los Angeles radio network World Football Daily, proof that our blog is already making waves. While concentrating on the fortunes of Fulham so far in the new season, we sadly ran out of time before having an opportunity to appraise the career of Team USA star striker Brian McBride.

That same afternoon in Chicago Brian announced this season would be his last. The years and the battlescars had finally caught up with the old warrior. But at 38 and with 96 international caps for the USA and 30 goals, including three World Cup campaigns, Brian will never be short of great memories from his time in football.

Of course we Fulham fans will all have our own special impressions of Brian leading the line, first at Loftus Road, then the Cottage. Brave as a lion, the word wholehearted was coined for McBride. He was given the captain's armband before a bad knee injury right at the start of the 2007/8 season, and boy did we suffer in his absence.

But back he came for that nerve-shredding run-in that saw us stay up by the skin of our teeth. Brian used his press conference to pay tribute to Fulham and salute the supporters who twice voted him Player of the Year during his time by the Thames and saw the sports bar on the Riverside re-named in his honour.

"I will cherish every moment myself and my family had while in London. Your support was second to none. My wife and I will always look back on our time there with tremendous fondness. The last year that I was at Fulham was amazing. The rollercoaster and then coming out OK in the end. Just the sheer jubilation at the end of that campaign and being able to celebrate with everybody was the thing that stands out in my mind.

To the Chairman, Mr Mohamed Al Fayed, thank you for your passion, your desire. It's something that I will try to emulate. You always had time for my family and made us feel very special, thank you."

Two years on, and Brian finds time to pay such generous compliments to his old club. Sheer undiluted class. Our friends at hammyend.com have posted an excellent article on Brian, I urge you to reference it.

Post your salute to Brian's time in the white shirt here.

White Noise

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2010/09/etuhu-signs-new-4-year-contract/

Etuhu signs new 4 year contract

by Lork on September 7, 2010

News from Fulham today that Etuhu's signed a 3 year extension to stay on for another 4 years. One of many players who have their contracts expiring at the end of the season it's good to see stuff getting done after Davies signed his new contract a few weeks back and Mark Bowen saying he's hopeful Bobby will sign an extension soon (although his current one runs out in 2012, it's still reassuring).

One of the biggest unsung heroes of the last couple of years his first half season with us was spend recovering from an injury he picked up while at Sunderland, so when Bullard moved on most fans were concerned that we would start to struggle but Etuhu came in and after a shakey start performed well in the centre of midfield, playing a midfield destroyer role which allowed Murphy to dictate and express himself after the more withdrawn role he'd been playing before. Now the roles are reversed with Etuhu being the one allowed to go forward and with one goal and some impressive performances already it promises much for the rest of the season.

He's scored 4 goals for us so far; apart from the nice dinked finish against Blackpool he's scored one memorable screamer against City, a header against FK Vetra in the first home Europa League game of last season which seems years away now and one of the most key goals in our European run which was actually the worst of the bunch, a tame deflected effort in the away leg at Juventus without which not even our 4-1 win would have gotten us through the tie. He has a great long shot on him actually so let's hope that this new lease of life lets us see a few more of them.

Etuhu's always had a fair bit of potential. He has always been physically impressive and I remember Steve Claridge whilst commentating on the West Brom game a couple of seasons ago mention that Etuhu was the only one who could keep Tim Cahill quiet in a game (when all three played in the championship), and infact a manager said Etuhu trained like Patrick Viera but couldn't replicate it on the football pitch. Well, he may not quite be Patrick Viera but for one and a half million pounds he's definately one of the better Premier League buys of the last few years.

You can watch an interview with him on the offal and he certainly looks like he's enjoying himself. His website – www.dicksonetuhu.com – is worth checking out too, if only for the pre-final video he's put up. Turns out he used Gospel to psyche himself up for the big game.

White Noise

Schwarzer to join European club on a free after missing out on Arsenal chance

Published 23:00 07/09/10

By Darren Lewis

Mark Schwarzer has privately vowed to quit Fulham on a free after being denied Champions League football with Arsenal.

The Aussie ­goal­keeper, 37, had his heart set on a move to the Emirates. But incoming Fulham boss Mark Hughes vetoed the plan after failing to bring in a replacement for injured David Stockdale.

Schwarzer, whose deal ends in June, is ready to sign a pre-contract with a ­European club in January ahead of a move away

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Fulham-keeper-Mark-Schwarzer-to-join-European-club-on-free-after-missing-out-on-Arsenal-chance-article573985.html#ixzz0yuU1KJBT

White Noise

http://cravencottagenewsround.wordpress.com/2010/09/07/dickson-etuhu-gets-a-new-contract/

Dickson Etuhu gets a new contract

Filed under: General — weltmeisterclaude @ 3:53 pm

Hurray!

I remember when he first signed.  There was uproar.  Etuhu himself wasn't too happy about this, his facebook status updates suggesting that he felt a bit... maligned.   I actually messaged him once (by way of encouragement) and he wrote back quite quickly saying that we had nothing to worry about, and that as soon as he was match fit he'd be playing well and showing everyone what he could do.

In this sense Roy did well by him, keeping him in the side while fitness and confidence improved, and allowing him to form this nice partnership with Captain Murph.    Now, we don't know how long the skipper can keep going (his pundit work the other day gives us an inkling into his character though, and suggests that he's far more important to the side than people realise) but at least we know that Etuhu's not going anywhere (or if he is, it won't be for free).

Which is a good thing.  As noted any number of times, Dickson Etuhu may not be Franz Beckenbauer, but there's value in sticking to instructions, being a presence out there and never giving the ball awa,y.   There's even more value in haring up and down the field and scoring dramatic late equalisers, so whichever Etuhu we end up with for the next four years, we don't lose much.    Seems like a good bloke and a good footballer, and Hughes (a fine judge of talent as far as I can tell) has clearly seen something in him, so good news all round.

White Noise

Roque Santa Cruz rues failed Lazio bid - but Manchester City striker still dreams of Serie A move

By Sportsmail Reporter

Last updated at 1:17 PM on 7th September 2010

Manchester City striker Roque Santa Cruz has not given up hope of playing in Serie A in the future.

The Paraguay striker came close to joining the Lazio only for the deal to fall through on the final day of the transfer window.

Despite also being linked with Fulham, the 29-year-old Santa Cruz remained at City.

Santa Cruz, who is on international duty with Paraguay this week, said to Rome's Corriere dello Sport: 'I had hoped to arrive in Rome, that was my dream.

'Unfortunately, the deal fell through. There has been a lot of talk of my arrival to Italy and perhaps next time it will materialise.'
Lazio themselves have not ruled out making another attempt to acquire Santa Cruz in January.

'We will see what happens in the next few months,' said Santa Cruz. 'I don't like to look too far away and I don't know what Lazio's intentions are.

'I have received many offers but I had hoped to play in Rome. I have happy in England but Italian football fascinates me and I would love to have an experience in Serie A.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1309756/Roque-Santa-Cruz-rues-failed-Lazio-bid--Manchester-City-striker-dreams-Serie-A-move.html#ixzz0yuWjsrYU

Tom

Quote from: White Noise on September 08, 2010, 05:43:43 AM

By Darren Lewis

Mark Schwarzer has privately vowed to quit Fulham on a free after being denied Champions League football with Arsenal.

The Aussie ­goal­keeper, 37, had his heart set on a move to the Emirates. But incoming Fulham boss Mark Hughes vetoed the plan after failing to bring in a replacement for injured David Stockdale.

Schwarzer, whose deal ends in June, is ready to sign a pre-contract with a ­European club in January ahead of a move away

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Fulham-keeper-Mark-Schwarzer-to-join-European-club-on-free-after-missing-out-on-Arsenal-chance-article573985.html#ixzz0yuU1KJBT

I am so sick of this clown! Get rid of his sorry ass. He sounds like he could be a cancer to the team.
Fulham for life!

WhiteJC

http://blogs.soccernet.com/fulham/archives/2010/09/football_agents_endangered_spe.php?
Football Agents - Endangered Species?
Posted by Phil Mison 13 hours, 51 minutes ago
Not yet perhaps. But if a supposed 'super' meteorite is what finally did for the dinosaurs, the drop in spending by £250 million over the last transfer window suggests storm clouds a-gathering for football's reptilian middlemen.

If anything the plunge in activity in the last transfer window shows a sense of pragmatism possibly breaking out at last among clubs. Here is the promised return on this blog to what has become my cause celebre. You will recall from a previous blog how £12 million plus was sucked from the game in the past year on agents fees according to the Football League's own auditors.

So can football self-regulate itself to do without these sharks? Agents have been around from the moment Alf Common made the first £1,000 transfer in 1905 - a deal so alarming to the then FA they contemplated imposing a maximum transfer fee. To appreciate the scale of the problem let me take you back a decade.

It was the arrival of the Premier League, and the attendant TV money, combined with the Bosman ruling, that saw agents proliferate. I well remember the first who came down to Fulham in the mid-90's trying to put everyone under contract, regardless of ability. "There's only two here I could get any kind of fee for, but I'll hoover them all up. There's deals to be done all down the leagues now," he told me.

In 1998 I found myself in Burkina Faso covering the African Nations Cup (still the best tournament I ever worked). At the capital Ougadougou's only two decent hotels, players and agents mingled around the swimming pools and hotel bars on a daily basis. Cameroon, Ivory Coast and South Africa topped the pecking order at the time, Namibia and Mozambique less so. But every agent around the world back then knew the history of AC Milan's brilliant striker from that era, George Weah of...Liberia. Transferred to Douala in Cameroon for peanuts, mercilessly worked over by Wenger at Monaco, and in 1995 the first African to be voted World Footballer of the Year. In the 40 degree heat of Burkina the hunt was intense. We were all on the same mission...find the 'next George.'

That month I got to know a Brazilian agent operating in Europe well. Approachable and articulate he was frank about the business. Condemning the worst of his competitors, he held himself aloof from the feeding frenzy alongside the pool. His insights into the business made for a major article I syndicated around the world through AP. In conversation he told me how hard it was doing business in the UK. Why? Because unlike any other league in Europe so many of your managers 'expect brown bag money on deals.' And he named names. All high profile, one or two still in charge at Premiership clubs.

Around that time Peter Ridsdale, then embarking on his mismanagement tour de force at Leeds, told me how faxed invoices from agents spooled onto his desk on an almost daily basis, in the hope that the less observant might pass some through for processing. Many a club from that dizzy period could tell you of deals when nobody ever quite understood what and to whom they had been making payments on transfer deals.

Have things changed? Two weeks ago I had lunch in the north with a former Football League club chairman. What he told me about the way his club was run is way too rich for this site. As for my old Brazilian friend I thought so transparent in 1998? I was going to name him but had the foresight to google him before writing. Only to find he has been mired in controversy over past deaings with African federations, withholding of fees, player fall-out at Real Madrid...lurid stuff, but still a licensed FIFA agent.

In the optimistic hope my scent of a sea change is not misplaced, let me quote from The Sun, not something I do often. On my way to the Blackpool game I read Karren Brady's column (West Ham's vice-chairman for those outside the UK). She was complaining about agents bombarding her with calls and texts during the window. One wanted to know how much he could invoice for suggesting she sign Victor Obinna. "When was that?" He replied, "I sent you a text 3 weeks ago saying he was a good player." Karren's succinct response was that on that basis she would send Man City a list of 900 players on the understanding if they ever took one she would be owed. "Well how do I protect myself from suggesting a player to you in future you go and sign without involving me?" bleated our friend.

"Easy'" says our Karren. "Stop f****ing texting me."

WhiteJC

http://www.tribalfootball.com/greening-determined-win-back-fulham-place-1100781?
Greening determined to win back Fulham place

Fulham midfielder Jonathan Greening is determined to break back into the starting XI.

So far this season Manager Mark Hughes has elected to start with the tried and tested central midfield pairing of Danny Murphy and Dickson Etuhu – however Greening is patiently waiting in the wings.

"I'm just trying to work hard and wait for my chance to get on the field," he told fulhamfc.com. "Danny and Dickson have been doing a good job so I've just got to be patient. I'm ready and I've got to take my chance so the Manager would find it difficult to leave me out."

Tom

Quote from: WhiteJC on September 08, 2010, 07:44:01 AM
http://www.tribalfootball.com/greening-determined-win-back-fulham-place-1100781?

Fulham midfielder Jonathan Greening is determined to break back into the starting XI.

So far this season Manager Mark Hughes has elected to start with the tried and tested central midfield pairing of Danny Murphy and Dickson Etuhu – however Greening is patiently waiting in the wings.

"I'm just trying to work hard and wait for my chance to get on the field," he told fulhamfc.com. "Danny and Dickson have been doing a good job so I've just got to be patient. I'm ready and I've got to take my chance so the Manager would find it difficult to leave me out."
Please, this will never happen. If it does, we are in big trouble!
Fulham for life!

Lighthouse

Fulham assistant manager Mark Bowen has been linked with the Wales job.

John Toshack is expected to resign as Wales coach today.

Toshack is understood to feel he has taken Wales as far as he can following Friday's 1-0 defeat by Montenegro in their opening Euro 2012 qualifier.

Manchester United ace Ryan Giggs, Under-21s boss Brian Flynn and Bowen are among other names being mentioned as potential successors to Toshack.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

White Noise

Testimonial Thanks

Wednesday 8th September 2010

Fulham FC News

Jimmy Conway, who starred for Fulham from 1966-76 and was a member of the 1975 FA Cup Final side, was recently honoured in Oregon with a series of Testimonial events. Conway was recently diagnosed with trauma-induced dementia.

The Jimmy Conway Testimonial was organised by Jimmy's former teammates from the Portland Timbers Soccer Club as well as local amateur football organisations.

Following the testimonial events, the Organising Committee wrote to Fulham thanking the Club for its support:

"Following an incredibly successful series of Jimmy Conway Testimonial activities I would like to take this opportunity to thank you, on behalf of the Conway family and all of our volunteers for your part in making this testimonial such a huge success.

"Thanks to your co-operation we were able to present Jimmy with a framed and autographed FFC home-team shirt from last season's incredible European run and were able to raise much-needed funds for the Alzheimer's Association from the many auction items donated by friends of Jimmy Conway, including a beautifully framed and autographed Fulham away jersey.

"More than 210 guests were treated to a memorable evening at the Tiger Woods Conference Center on the Nike campus on the occasion of the Jimmy Conway Testimonial Dinner. Representatives from US Youth Soccer, Oregon Youth Soccer, Pacific University and the Oregon State University as well as Peter Mellor (Jimmy's former team-mate at Fulham during 1975), and Dave Daly (representing fans of Fulham FC and Jimmy Conway), gathered to show their respect and support for a fabulous footballer and an even greater person, James Patrick Conway.

"We were, also, able to feature personal video messages of support from some of Jimmy's former team-mates including Les Strong. Les did an outstanding job in conveying the level of respect and admiration he, and 'his club' hold for Jimmy. He is a great ambassador for the club.

"Dave Daly's eloquent, passionate and poignant speech was the highlight of the dinner program. He told us how he became a Fulham and Jimmy Conway fan and how, these many years later, he has had the privilege of getting to know Jimmy and his family culminating with the presentation of the items donated by Fulham FC and friends of Jimmy Conway (including Ken Coton the former FFC photographer). Literally dozens of guests said that Dave's speech was the perfect punctuation for an evening devoted to the celebration of Jimmy's career and his contribution to football.

"Jimmy and Noeleen are very proud to have been associated with a club that, quite obviously, cares for everyone associated with the club, including its former players. At a time when football clubs are painted as evil mercenaries by the media it is heartening to know that London's oldest professional football club has managed to retain its reputation as a family club focused on serving its members and the community.

"We offer our sincere thanks for your support and wish you and Fulham FC the success you so richly deserve."

Mick Hoban
Jimmy Conway Testimonial
Volunteer Committee Member

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/September/JimmyConwayTestimonial.aspx#ixzz0yw7Vobbs

White Noise

Mark Schwarzer is apparently intent on leaving Fulham for free next summer after failing to get his move to Arsenal in the last transfer window.
Good luck to him. He can sign a pre-contract agreement with a foreign club from January and even Fulham chairman Mohamed Fayed will probably not blame him.

Ready to quit Fulham: Mark Schwarzer
But any hint of bitterness at manager Mark Hughes and Fulham for keeping their first choice goalkeeper - because they could not find a suitable replacement - is unjustified.

Schwarzer is 37 years old and having signed for the Craven Cottage club on a free in the first place, it is just a rare example of a player's power not matching up to the club's.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1310052/LEOS-LONDON-Dont-blame-Avram-Grant-West-Hams-plight--Thomas-Hitzlspergers-fault.html#ixzz0yw8ohF5x

WhiteJC

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/840316-dickson-etuhu-disappoints-liverpool-by-penning-new-fulham-deal?
Dickson Etuhu disappoints Liverpool by penning new Fulham deal
Dickson Etuhu has ended Liverpool hopes of signing him by agreeing a three-year contract extension at Fulham.

The midfielder, 28, was all set to become a free agent at the end of the season but has agreed fresh terms that will keep him at Craven Cottage until 2014.

Nigeria international Etuhu was reported to be a target for Liverpool during the close season, with former Cottagers manager Roy Hodgson considering him as a replacement for Javier Mascherano. But fears he may depart when the transfer window reopens in January have now receded.

Fulham said via a statement: 'We're delighted to confirm Dickson has signed a contract extension until the summer of 2014.'

WhiteJC

http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/fulham-fc/2010/09/08/another-chance-to-win-fulham-v-wolves-tickets-82029-27228868/?
Another chance to win Fulham v Wolves tickets!

ULHAM take on Wolves on Saturday and you and a friend could be there to watch it absolutely FREE!

EA SPORTS, the Official Sports Technology Partner of the Premier League, has teamed up with the Chronicle to offer one lucky reader a pair of tickets to this Saturday's clash at Craven Cottage.

The winner will also receive a copy of FIFA 11 (released October 1) on the console of their choice.

To stand a chance of winning, simply answer the question below:
Who is the official technology partner of the Premier League?

To enter, visit our Facebook page, click 'like' and post your answer underneath the competition.

Closing date for entries is midday TOMORROW (Thursday), so you better be quick! Winners will be notified within 24 hours.

EA SPORTS is the proud sponsor of the Premier League Player Performance Index (PPI). The EA SPORTS Player Performance Index is the home of Premier League stats for football fans.

The EA SPORTS Team of the Week will be available at www.easportsfootballworld.com after each round of the Barclays Premier League.  The team will be based on ratings from the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index. The Team of the Week will also be integrated into FIFA 11 for fans to play shortly.

Lighthouse

THINK of Fulham Football Club and Jimmy Hill, Roy Hogdson and Mohammed Al Fayed are names that immediately spring to mind.

The image of drunk, pot-bellied, chain-smoking football fanatics does not.

But according to an NHS survey published last month, the Whites have the unhealthiest supporter base in the capital and one of the worst in the Premier League.

Topping the table is not something Fulham are used to in recent seasons but they are scaling the heights for all the wrong reasons after the NHS surveyed 25,000 football fans through an online Football Fans Fitness Challenge tool online in conjunction with The Men's Health Forum Charity.

Nearly half of all Fulham fans stopped were found to be overweight while 33 per cent smoked and 37 per cent regularly drank more alcohol than the recommended daily limit.

In terms of their overall condition, some 47 per cent of Fulham fans were judged to be unhealthy, behind only Sunderland, Everton, Wigan Athletic and Manchester City. Chelsea fared much better, with 38 per cent of supporters deemed unhealthy.

After visiting Craven Cottage a number of times, my image of the

Neil Springate, secretary of The Fulham FFC Supporters' Trust and member since 1986,

The 51-year-old said: "These figures do not surprise me to be honest although I was shocked to see we were so high in the table.

"Fulham is located in a wealthy suburb and the demographics of our fans play a key factor in our health.

"Most fans are all in stable jobs earning decent incomes so can afford to have a few nice bottles of wine or beer during the week and can eat out or more lavishly than others might be able to.

"You have to put these types of surveys into perspective and they are not extensive. But I do not think it is a misrepresentation of Fulham fans.

"There are also a wide variety of pubs scattered around Fulham and Putney for people to go to before the game. If there is a home weekend game (with a 3pm kick-off), fans will gather as early as 12pm in the pub to have a drink together.

"If it is a night game (kick-off 8pm) then we tend to meet up together in the middle of the afternoon."

But arrests and banning orders at the Fulham Palace Road club amount to only handful each season smashing the stereotype that filling up on alcohol before a game automatically leads to violence or disorder on the terraces.

"We are a very well behaved fan base and we pride ourselves on that," added Neil. "We are not binge drinking and then looking for a good punch-up. We just like to get together, enjoy a drink or two and then go and cheer on our team."

We all know that part of the football experience is a greasy burger or hot dog but with many fans spending every weekend following their beloved teams across the country that could become a staple of their weekly diet.

It means football supporters' bellies are bulging and their arteries clogging up.

Neil said: "You can't walk around Fulham on a match day without seeing burger joints or kebab shops full of people eating. Let's put it this way – we have some members who are portly to say the least!

"But, all joking aside, the NHS' warnings about over-indulgence in alcohol and poor-quality foods, coupled with a lack of healthy exercise, are very valid for the nation as a whole and not just for football fans."

Fulham enjoyed a dream year last season as Hodgson guided them to the Europa League final in Hamburg before losing in extra-time to Athletic Madrid in May.

The glory run meant Whites fans clocked up air and road miles across Europe taking in cities like Wolfsburg in Germany, Turin to take on Italian giants Juventus and the Ukrainian city of Donesk to take on 2008 winners Shaktar.

And Neil saw a major difference between the English fans and those on the continent.

He said: "I have been all around Europe with Fulham, especially last season, and one thing that I noticed was how much smaller and thinner the European fans are.

"I guess they must eat better and drink less beer because we were nearly double their size."

Fear not Fulham Football Club. Your carefully preserved family-friendly reputation is safe.

And if Danny Murphy, Bobby Zamora and Brede Hangeland rise the league table as well as their fans have then glory days could be just around the corner.

Unfortunately for some supporters, heart disease or other major health conditions could be waiting for them too.

Peter Baker, Men's Health Forum chief executive, said: "There is a serious message from the league table too and that is that many of these clubs are based in areas where too many men die prematurely."
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

SmithyFFC

Quote from: Tom on September 08, 2010, 07:04:40 AM

By Darren Lewis

I am so sick of this clown! Get rid of his sorry ass. He sounds like he could be a cancer to the team.

No real quotes from Mark himself saying this, and no source mentioned, just wait and see what happens, before then, hes a Fulham player and should get our full support IMO.
FTID

simplyfulham

Quote from: Tom on September 08, 2010, 07:51:13 AM

Come now Tom. You can't dislike the whole squad, even Dempsey needs to play with 10 other players y'know..

ToodlesMcToot

Personally, I don't get any of the vitriol directed toward Mark. He hasn't publicly whined about anything although the gossip rags would have you believe otherwise. Not one article that I've seen that has mentioned his "disgust" at the situation or any part of it has directly quoted him as saying anything other than, I'm paraphrasing, "I shouldn't say anything atm".

Mark hasn't done anything unusual throughout this process that any of us knows of. Not one of our players, playing the last year of his contract and given the opportunity to start for Arsenal and coach beyond that, would've done anything differently, especially when in the same stage of their career.....especially, especially with the opportunity to compete in Europe again. And I doubt that any one of them wouldn't be supremely disappointed that something couldn't get done.

I have no doubt that if the shoe were on Fulham's foot and they had an affordable opportunity at a dream signing of, say, Iker Casillas, or whomever, they wouldn't try moving Mark to make way for the signing. It's business and not personal. Some seem to think its the opposite.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Tom

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on September 08, 2010, 05:24:55 PM
Quote from: Tom on September 08, 2010, 07:04:40 AM

By Darren Lewis

No real quotes from Mark himself saying this, and no source mentioned, just wait and see what happens, before then, hes a Fulham player and should get our full support IMO.
He is a Fulham player, you are correct. But ask yourself this question. Do you want a player playing for us who doesn't want to be here and all he does about it is moan and bitch about it?
Fulham for life!

Tom

Quote from: simplyfulham on September 08, 2010, 05:59:05 PM
Quote from: Tom on September 08, 2010, 07:51:13 AM

Come now Tom. You can't dislike the whole squad, even Dempsey needs to play with 10 other players y'know..
You are absolutely right but give me players who want to be here and play for Fulham.
Fulham for life!