watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Woodrow contract extension

Started by Lighthouse, June 23, 2017, 12:20:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

So pleased for Cauley, a lot of Fulham fans like him and we hope he now comes good and works his way into the team. The problem will be giving him game time to enable him to continue to develop.
However, surely this means that we now only need bring in one really good striker and therefore should be able to find sufficient cash to ensure that the chosen one is top draw.

AlexW132

Quote from: @jolslover on June 23, 2017, 08:01:24 PM
Yeah not too happy about this. Although I think it is probably so we can demand a higher fee off Burton and other champ clubs!. Like Woodrow but don't think he will be useful in the short term.
Judging by his Twitter post he thinks he's here for the long run.

Deeping_white

Quote from: filham on June 23, 2017, 09:04:43 PM
So pleased for Cauley, a lot of Fulham fans like him and we hope he now comes good and works his way into the team. The problem will be giving him game time to enable him to continue to develop.
However, surely this means that we now only need bring in one really good striker and therefore should be able to find sufficient cash to ensure that the chosen one is top draw.

If we bring in one striker and have him as backup, I'll be more underwhelmed than when we ended up with Martin and Smith - we cant expect to win the league if we have to rely on him as the main striker should our primary striker get injured. We need two as we did before, he couldn't even get in the team ahead of Smith and Joka didn't rate him either so that says it all.

davew

Quote from: filham on June 23, 2017, 09:04:43 PM
I think he has had enough time to develop, I like him as well as somebody with a good attitude and a trier, but he won't really add to any promotion push!! We need 2 quality strikers if we (or sorry I mean the owner) is serious about promotion. Really can't see any justification for keeping Cauley, can't be the sta, t's men as insufficient stat's and can't be Joka as he didn't want him anyway, so what is this about, saving money??

As for extending his contract by another year when he rarely makes the bench, WTF?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Jims Dentist

Quote from: davew on June 23, 2017, 07:52:00 PM
Quote from: Statto on June 23, 2017, 03:22:04 PM
I both expect and hope he's on the same wages he was aged 17, i.e. Very little, otherwise this is a waste of money. Has shown little or no promise at this level imo, failing even to make burton's team some weeks. We still need 2 strikers and if we want to go up Woodrow cannot be better than 5th choice behind those two, Ayite and Kebano.
Agree with you Statto, this news doesn't inspire me at all, sorry! Seems 1 way of saving spending money on a more talented and badly needed striker.
I agree with you two guys.
Also I hope that Jolsover is right and it is a ploy to get a better fee from any potential buyer.

hovewhite

Seems to me the good strikers are highly sought after,and believe the club have tried.I think the club will do well to get one quality striker purely and simply because there gold dust.I think the club has tried to cover the outcome  of not getting the 2 strikers we need by getting cauley signed up.