Main Menu

Fulham's BEST ever goal- (POOL 1) VOTE HERE

Started by dannyboi-ffc, June 23, 2017, 01:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffc73

Danny this is great & impossible at the same time 😀

Headers. McGod & Heidur v Utd at OT. Sir Alex described them as flying salmon

Roger Brown iconic Lincoln header

But Leroy at Walsall years ago. Bullet of a header from edge of box into far corner. Looks great in my memory shame no tv footage

The Rock

Quote from: Nero on June 23, 2017, 03:07:11 PM
What no  Dempsey against Juve

I figured that would get a lot of votes.

Also what about Kasami vs. Palace?

I think I have to go with Diop though - been 10+ years on and my eyes are still blistered from that absolute screamer.

Logicalman

Excellent Compo Daniel, easily your best effort yet, and some of the previous efforts were pretty exceptional!

Thanks for putting this together mate.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Carborundum

Brilliant idea Danny.

I'm sure it won't win and in some respects I'd be quite surprised if it goes through to the next round, but the goal that has given me more pleasure than any other in over 40 years of football is in this list.  It's Ruiz's scoop against Bolton.  TV simply doesn't do it justice. 

To sit in the JH stand with a seven year old son, see the ball head for the stratosphere, simultaneously think "what on earth has he done?" or something similar and then see it descend just as dramatically into the net, then look at each other in wide eyed amazement was just a beautiful thing. 

Then for the remainder of the winter every park  kickabout would involve the "Ruiz game" attempting to recreate it.  We will talk of that goal for decades to come and I suspect the prefix "but not as amazing as" will usually be applied.

There was another startling goal that day: Dempsey's bullet header from distance into the bottom corner from Ruiz's brilliant cross.  One for round 3 perhaps

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Carborundum on June 23, 2017, 09:59:03 PM
Brilliant idea Danny.

I'm sure it won't win and in some respects I'd be quite surprised if it goes through to the next round, but the goal that has given me more pleasure than any other in over 40 years of football is in this list.  It's Ruiz's scoop against Bolton.  TV simply doesn't do it justice. 

To sit in the JH stand with a seven year old son, see the ball head for the stratosphere, simultaneously think "what on earth has he done?" or something similar and then see it descend just as dramatically into the net, then look at each other in wide eyed amazement was just a beautiful thing. 

Then for the remainder of the winter every park  kickabout would involve the "Ruiz game" attempting to recreate it.  We will talk of that goal for decades to come and I suspect the prefix "but not as amazing as" will usually be applied.

There was another startling goal that day: Dempsey's bullet header from distance into the bottom corner from Ruiz's brilliant cross.  One for round 3 perhaps

Sadly not included. I'll have to look that Dempsey goal up, in fairness he scored so many that I don't remember them all. But I was at this game and I agree it was an astonishing finish from Ruiz. I weren't his biggest fan but he did have his moments of sheer genius.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

YankeeJim

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on June 23, 2017, 06:23:40 PM
Quote from: YankeeJim on June 23, 2017, 06:13:40 PM
Is a "great" weighted more on the individual skill, team build up or the importance of that goal?

It's down to interpretation. I would class Murphy's header as a 'greater goal' than Berbatovs volley vs Stoke  but it's not a better goal.

That's why I've tried to add variety because some love a team goal, some a rocket, some the skill and dribbling. You go with what you think is the 'Best' goal.

My only regret is that I don't have a header in there. And I'm sure there are many fantastic goals from the 70s and 80s but people need to be realistic with getting access to those goals. I'm only 28 so if there isn't coverage on YouTube etc then it's pretty impossible that I could know about them.

Hopefully people like the balance of the 33 I went with.

That's kind of what I expected and also the way I rated them. Some great skill shots have an enormous hunk of luck in them. Kasami's comes to mine. It was a beaut to be sure. He couldn't do that again in several life times.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Black and White Blood

Has anybody mentioned Kassami's goal against Crystal Palace ???
Everything about that goal from his anticipation, awareness, execution of the strike, was perfect.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Black and White Blood on June 24, 2017, 12:23:39 AM
Has anybody mentioned Kassami's goal against Crystal Palace ???
Everything about that goal from his anticipation, awareness, execution of the strike, was perfect.

It's in pool 2 on the front page.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

F(f)CUK

One of my favourite moments from the Big Papa goal was Brian McBride's reaction afterwards. As Papa and the rest of the team ran to the corner flag, he feigned injury in the Man U half so that we could regain composure before kick off. This was a highly intelligent and professional move and told me a lot about McBride.