more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thursday Fulham Stuff (29/06/17)...

Started by WhiteJC, June 29, 2017, 06:49:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham youngster Ryan Sessegnon 'excited by future' after signing new deal

The 17-year-old signed his first professional deal at the club, signing a three-year deal at Craven Cottage

Ryan Sessegnon is excited for what the future holds at Fulham after signing his first professional at the club .

The 17-year-old, who has been at the club since he was a schoolboy along with twin brother Steven, put pen-to-paper on a three-year deal which will see him at the club until 2020.

He made 30 appearances last season for the club and now he hopes to continue that at Fulham heading into next season.

Speaking to fulhamfctv, Ryan said: "I'm excited to see what's in front of me at this club, hopefully we can all push on now. Last year I got a lot of opportunities from the Gaffer, and I just want to continue that."

Slaviša Jokanović stated: "Ryan joined our First Team squad early during pre-season last summer. One year on, I'm pleased that Ryan's performances have been rewarded with his first professional contract with Fulham and he will continue to be part of our project in the future.

"He is an exceptional young player who has demonstrated loyalty and commitment by continuing to serve this Club since his progression from the Academy."

Ryan Sessegnon (Photo: PA)

Vice Chairman and Director of Football Operations Tony Khan added: "We've said that our commitment to Fulham is absolute, and that is being proven here today with the news on Ryan.

"Ryan's debut season with the First Team was spectacular, and we are so proud of this very special young man, proud of his accomplishments and the great skills he's demonstrated on the pitch.

"But we are also proud of the class and maturity he's demonstrated both on and off the pitch, far beyond what one would expect from someone so youthful.

"Ryan has worked very hard to achieve success with the Club, and he has earned every bit of the recognition he has received. I'm so excited about Ryan's future with the Fulham Football Club.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-youngster-ryan-sessegnon-excited-13253156

WhiteJC

Cameron Burgess: Scunthorpe sign Fulham central defender on a three-year contract

Cameron Burgess represented Scotland U19s before switching allegiances to play for Australia U20s and U23s

Scunthorpe United have signed defender Cameron Burgess from Fulham on a three-year contract for an undisclosed fee.

Burgess, 21, made a combined 49 appearances in the 2016-17 season while on loan at Oldham and Bury.

The centre-back, who has also had loan spells with Ross County and Cheltenham, has represented both Scotland and Australia at youth level.

He becomes Graham Alexander's first summer signing and replaces David Mirfin, who joined Mansfield on 23 May.

"He's a player who is desperate to kick his career on now. He's been out on loan from Fulham and wants to go out and be his own man, and find the best club to do that," manager Alexander told the club website.

"Cameron ticks a lot of boxes for us, he has great stature and can play."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40176154

WhiteJC

Brentford stopper pays tribute to 'great' team-mate and Fulham man after joining Carlisle on loan

The former Watford man agreed a new one-year contract and will join Carlisle United on a six-month loan deal

Jack Bonham paid tribute to Brentford number one Dan Bentley after agreeing a new deal at the club.

The former Watford man agreed a new one-year contract and will join Carlisle United on a six-month loan deal.

And the deputy keeper hailed the regular Bees stopper, who he worked closely with over the past year.

He told the club's official website: "[Dan]'s been great, so much knowledge with the amount of games he's played, as well as when David Button was here.

"If they can add something to my game then that's great, and if I can help them it's even better.

"He's a great person and a great professional, every day he puts everything into training and the gym. He's a great person to be around."

Bonham impressed when handed his first league start by Brentford at Barnsley on Easter Monday and, although he had a nervous start, earned himself man of the match plaudits.

"I think after finally getting a chance to play last year, and showing what I can do, I think it's come from there. it's nice to be rewarded for all the work you put in," Bonham added.

"It's always nervous playing a game. Then when you haven't played any games, and it's a nice late game, even more so. Like I said when I played, after the first 15 minutes it just felt normal. It was nice to go and do so well, it was a long time coming and I waited a long time for my league debut. It was a great feeling."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brentford-stopper-pays-tribute-great-13251163

WhiteJC

Brentford and Fulham to find out on Monday if opening month's fixtures are rearranged

The clubs were notified today (Wednesday) which games were but there will be a delay in informing the supporters

Football fans will find out on Monday July 3 which fixtures have been televised for the first month of the season.

The clubs were notified today (Wednesday) which games were but there will be a delay in informing the supporters.

An EFL statement read: Following last week's announcement of the opening round of televised EFL fixtures, Sky Sports selections have now been made for matches up until Saturday 9th September 2017.

"The clubs involved in live coverage have already been notified and, in line with our commitments, the announcement will be made on the EFL's social media channels at 11am on Monday 3rd July."

Massive: Kit Symons say Fulham fans will make a difference

The EFL and Sky Sports have to ensure that clubs are given at least five weeks' notice for any matches selected for television.

The league will then ensure these are announced within three working days in order to give fans a chance to make travel arragements.

QPR have already confirmed that they will not be shown in the first month of the season.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brentford-fulham-find-out-monday-13253473

WhiteJC

Fulham still have deal on the table for Scott Parker to continue as a coach

A deal is on the table for Parker to continue at Motspur Park in a coaching capacity, with the two parties having held talks since the 36-year-old's deal expired

Fulham still have a deal on the table for Scott Parker to continue as a coach at the club, should he wish to do so.

The club and the 36-year-old were in talks after he came to the end of his contract at the club, with the two parties in talks over a new playing deal with some aspects of coaching involved.

However, after the announcement from Parker, where he has announced he is looking forward to new challenges , Fulham are hoping he will sign a coaching deal with the club.

It is well known that Parker has had an interest in continuing in football in some capacity once he retired, and he has previously coached in the academy at Fulham and sat amongst the backroom staff during Peter Grant's caretaker reign of the club, all while completing his UEFA A and B licenses while still playing.

He's embarked on a FA UEFA Pro Licence course, which is mandatory to manage in the Premier League, and was in the same class as Mark Warburton, Jummy Floyd Hasselbaink, Brad Friedel and Phil Neville, graduating in June 2016.

In a statement, Parker said: "I'm now looking forward to the next chapter of my life and career and hope to make an announcement soon with regards to what that will be."

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fulham-still-deal-table-scott-13253502

WhiteJC

Sessegnon Snubs Tottenham and Liverpool in Favour of Fulham Stay

The young star has chosen to remain at Fulham, favouring playing time over a big money move.

Liverpool headed into the summer intent on signing 17-year-old fullback Ryan Sessegnon from Fulham, planning on giving the youngster a season or two backing up James Milner in the league and Europe before taking over from the veteran full time. That plan, though, quickly ran into trouble.

First, there were rumblings that Sessegnon had chosen Tottenham, preferring to remain in London if he was to make the switch from the club he joined as a nine-year-old. Now, though, Tottenham have also missed out on the player, as he has changed his plans from staying in London to staying at Fulham.

Ryan, along with twin brother Steven, have both signed their first professional contracts, with the more prominent of the duo identifying playing time as a major factor in his decision to remain at the Championship for at least the immediate future.

"I'm excited to see what's in front of me at this club," he said following the announcement that he had signed a three-year deal earlier today. "Last year I got a lot of opportunities from the gaffer, and I just want to continue that."

It's undeniably good news for Fulham. In the short term, they keep a promising young player good enough to start every week for them in the Championship. And in the longer term, they are likely to see a bigger payday when they do sell him on in a season or two.

It's also, though, potentially good news for Liverpool, who look set to head into the season with James Milner their starting left back and do not consider the position a pressing, immediate concern. That's because when Sessegnon had looked set to head to Spurs, it had been in order to stay close to his family.

As talented as he is, Sessegnon is still just 17, and with his twin brother also at Fulham it would have been difficult for him to uproot and move to Liverpool this summer. Next summer, though, or the summer after, and such a move would start to become easier for him.

https://liverpooloffside.sbnation.com/liverpool-fc-transfer-news/2017/6/28/15887958/ryan-sessegnon-snubs-tottenham-liverpool-fc-transfer-news-stay-at-fulham

WhiteJC

Ryan Sessegnon signs first professional contract with Fulham to end Tottenham and Liverpool interest

The youngster has now committed his future to the club until at least June 2020

Ryan Sessegnon has signed his first professional contract with Championship side Fulham, ending Premier League interest from Tottenham and Liverpool.

Having been eligible to sign a professional deal after turning 17 in May, the youngster has now committed his future to the club until at least June 2020.

Sessegnon, who caught the attention of both Tottenham and Liverpool towards the end of last season, is now set to join up with England U19s ahead of their European Championship campaign in Georgia.

Speaking to Fulham TV, Sessegnon said: "I'm excited to see what's in front of me at this club, hopefully we can all push on now. Last year I got a lot of opportunities from the gaffer, and I just want to continue that."

Manager Slaviša Jokanović added: "Ryan joined our First Team squad early during pre-season last summer. One year on, I'm pleased that Ryan's performances have been rewarded with his first professional contract with Fulham and he will continue to be part of our project in the future.

"He is an exceptional young player who has demonstrated loyalty and commitment by continuing to serve this Club since his progression from the Academy."

Sessegnon joined Fulham in the summer of 2008 and rose up through the ranks before making his first-team appearance in the EFL Cup win over Leyton Orient at the start of the 2016/17 season.

He made a total of 30 appearances and scored seven times for Fulham as they finished in sixth to book their place in the Championship play-offs.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/football-league/ryan-sessegnon-first-professional-contract-liverpool-tottenham-news-a7813256.html

WhiteJC

The Championship is not enough for Jokanovic's Fulham ambitions

The manager at the Cottage, Slavisa Jokanovic, would like a decade of success at Fulham, so what could possibly go wrong for him?

Every manager needs to have a positive vision of where they want to take their club and Fulham's manager has not been holding back on how settled he feels at SW6. In an interview with the Evening Standard earlier this year he said: "If I'm successful, I could be here for 10-years!"

You might ponder what success would mean for a club of Fulham's stature now as they have been stuck in the Championship since 2014. They certainly got fans jumping out of their seats by coming the closest yet to reaching the Premier League last season, before Reading ended their promotion hopes in the play-offs in May.

Jokanovic clearly feels that he only needs to make a few additions to get the club further up the table into the play-off positions, but does one season to build on make success that much easier? A 10-year stay would need something quite remarkable to be delivered by Jokanovic.

Jokanovic's first big test will be to hold on to his star players who did so well in 2016-17. They include midfielder Tom Cairney, 20, who has already been the subject of a £20 million bid from Newcastle United, according to the Sun.

An offer from Gent for Dennis Odoi was also turned down by Fulham in June, as SkySports reports.

Kevin McDonald has also been linked with a possible move to Celtic and Nottingham Forest had also shown some interest, according to GetWestLondon. 

He has also found the buying market challenging having seen a bid for Braga's attacker Rui Fonte rejected by Antonio Salvador, SC Braga's president. Rui Fonte, 27, will not be leaving the Portuguese side this summer Fulham have been told, as reported in Ojogo.

A good moment for Fulham fans though this summer was to hear that England U21 star Cauley Woodrow has signed a one-year extension, the club's website reported. The striker scored five goals last season when out on loan at Burton Albion and could well be seen as strong enough to play for the Cottagers up front next season, now that Chris Martin has ended his loan at Fulham.

"The plan for me is to hopefully break into the Fulham team and play more regularly than I have done in the past and really push on," Woodrow told the Burton Mail.

Still, Fulham have to build on last season and Jokanovic will know that young players at the club may find it hard to break through if the team is again going to make a promotion bid. If Jokanovic can get the balance right though, winning the Championship could be the start of his 10-year association that he so wants with the Cottagers.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/06/28/the-championship-is-not-enough-for-jokanovics-fulham-ambitions/

WhiteJC

Ryan Sessegnon rejects transfer interest from Liverpool and Manchester United and signs new Fulham deal

Fulham youngster Ryan Sessegnon has signed a new three-year deal to end speculation of a big move to the Premier League.

Liverpool and Tottenham were rumoured to have made offers to the 17-year-old who has also been scouted by Manchester United.

But, the young left-back has decided to put off a big-money transfer and continue his development at Craven Cottage.

It is the first professional contract Sessegnon has signed and will keep him at the club for at least another three years.

'I'm excited to see what's in front of me at this club, hopefully we can all push on now,' Sessegnon said.

'Last year I got a lot of opportunities from the gaffer, and I just want to continue that.'

Sessegnon is a local sensation at Fulham after bursting onto the season this season as a 16-year-old.

Liverpool were hopeful Jurgen Klopp could convince the teenager to join the Reds and become their long-term left-back.

Tottenham were thought to be leading the race, but Sessegnon has opted to stay where the game-time will continue to come.

Sessegnon's brother and fellow defender, Steven, also signed a professional contract with Fulham.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/28/ryan-sessegnon-rejects-transfer-interest-from-liverpool-and-manchester-united-and-signs-new-fulham-deal-6742005/#ixzz4lN6w2gjp

WhiteJC

Sky Sports target Fulham fans in new promotion

Have you ever wanted to sign up to the broadcast giant's offering, but balked at the price?

A new Sky Sports promotion will target Fulham fans.

Have you ever wanted to sign up to the broadcast giant's offering, but balked at the price?

Well, in an attempt to combat falling viewer numbers, Sky are launching sport specific channels and doing away with the numbered Sky Sports 1, Sky Sports 2 etc.

So if you love watching Fulham, the Premier League and Championship, but never turn on for the World Darts Championship, the US Masters golf or Australian Open tennis, then this new initiative might be for you.

With Sky charging £49.50 for their cheapest TV and sport bundle, the cheapest sport specific package now will cost just £18.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sky-sports-target-fulham-fans-13250040

WhiteJC

Verdict delivered on future of 17-year-old defender wanted by Spurs and Liverpool

Ryan Sessegnon has signed a new contract with Fulham, all but ending Tottenham's chances of signing him this summer.

It is the 17-year-old's first professional contract. Sessegnon scored seven goals and assisted six in an incredible breakthrough campaign in the Championship for Fulham last season.

The Londoners missed out on promotion after losing to Reading in the play-off semifinals, which led to plenty of speculation about Sessegnon's future.

With no indication he would sign a professional deal with Fulham, Spurs and Liverpool emerged as favourites to sign the left-back while there was also believed to be interest from Manchester United.

But the teenager has committed his future to the Championship side by agreeing terms on a three-year contract.

Tottenham aren't desperate for a left-back, although Danny Rose isn't due to return from knee surgery until August.

Ben Davies has proved himself to be an able deputy, but Sessegnon would have represented a very promising understudy if he was signed. Perhaps Spurs will reignite their interest in the future.

http://www.tottenhamblog.com/2017/06/29/verdict-delivered-on-future-of-17-year-old-defender-wanted-by-spurs-and-liverpool/

WhiteJC

Sessegnon Joy for Fulham Fans

One of the big fears this summer was that there would be a bid submitted for young Ryan Sessegnon that the club couldn`t refuse.

The indications, according to an article appearing in the sports pages of The Sun today, that suggest there has been serious Premier League interest in the 17-year-old.

The suggestion being that Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester United and Tottenham have all expressed an interest with the latter, reportedly, having had a £12 million bid turned down.

However, with those fears about losing Sessegnon prevalent we can all rest a little easier this morning, for also in the article is the confirmation that Ryan has opted to stay at Craven Cottage and has put pen-to-paper on a new three-year deal.

The teenager, talking to the media about the deal, has remarked,

"Last year I got a lot of opportunities and I just want to continue that."

Obviously, Ryan was very aware that any move away would, if he joined a Premier League club, see his match-time reduced.

Slavisa Jokanovic, pleased that his teenage sensation is staying, also had a few words for the media, commenting,

"He is an exceptional young player."

He is and here at Vital Fulham we`re glad he`s opted to remain a Cottager.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=496205#ixzz4lN7xJuNx