watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Teams to watch out for this season

Started by Wearethewhites, June 28, 2017, 10:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

We Are Premier League

Has anyone seen a table of how many point we got from each team last season, would be interesting to see how large (if any) the difference is from the top to the bottom.

filham

Don't try to predict, wait at least until half a dozen matches have been played. Who would have predicted Huddersfield at this stage last season.

Riversider

Sheffield United
Can't believe nobody has mentioned them, real dark horses and can see them being in the Top 10.
A real team to watch.

f321ffc

Team I'm going to be watching out for this season and I'm surprised no one else has mentioned them is.

FULHAM
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

YoungsBitter

Quote from: Twig on June 29, 2017, 03:10:20 PM
Quote from: twang on June 28, 2017, 10:53:35 PM
Don't think it's a tougher league (to get out of) than last season. Newcastle and Brighton were, for most of the season, in a league of their own and occupied the two automatic promotion places. Also, Newcastle, Norwich and even Villa were in a better place than Hull and Sunderland are now at this point, so the relegated sides were much more of a threat.

Onto the topic though: I think Rowett's Derby will be top 6. Warnock will have Cardiff thereabout as well and Nottingham will be much stronger under Warburton, if they keep Zohore and Assombalonga respectively.
Can see Leeds, Sunderland and Hull having disappointing seasons if their fans expects a promotion push. Ipswich, QPR and Millwall are relegation candidates.

I agree with most of this, pretty much spot on.
I think Villa under Bernard Cribbins cannot be ignored, so adding Boro with Monk at the helm we have 7 really strong squads with money and good managers: Villa, Boro, Leeds, Derby, Reading, Wednesday, Forest.
Quark, strangeness and charm

@jolslover

Quote from: Horsfield_No9 on June 29, 2017, 05:08:26 PM
Pains me to say but no one mentioning Brentford. They finished very strongly last season.

Agree. Brentford and Wolves my dark horses. Its very hard to call at this stage however. Ask the same question the day before the season starts when teams have done their business and it will be more interesting.
STH H3

JPCL

Think Us Middlesbrough Derby Villa Birmingham Forest Brentford Wolves Norwich & Wednesday will be competing for the top 6 places then youll have the odd random one. Think the league is a lot more even this year with no team that will guaranteed go up (last year Newcastle were always going up) so should be an exciting one. But probably easier to predict when all transfer business is done.

Woolly Mammoth

Fulham must avoid any danger of dropping points to an unfancied team, as well as the so called bigger boys. Every team in this division is a threat of some kind.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Jims Dentist

On a game by game basis Fulham have to be concerned about anyone who parks the bus and wants to kick us up in the air.
Reason being that Slav has STILL not got a plan B for this situation.

aaronmcguigan

The clubs coming down to the championship from the premier league are weaker than at least 2 of the teams that have gone up so that's in our favour
But
I think the clubs coming up (millwall, Bolton, Sheff Utd) are stronger then the ones relegated (Rotherham, Blackburn, Wigan)
Every team is beatable but we do need to work on tactics and the Plan B when something isn't going right.

Riversider

Quote from: Riversider on June 30, 2017, 06:12:36 PM
Sheffield United
Can't believe nobody has mentioned them, real dark horses and can see them being in the Top 10.
A real team to watch.

This was my prediction that was made in June, they have got great momentum under Chris Wilder, and we all need the wheels to come off sooner rather than later.

Twig

Quote from: Riversider on September 27, 2017, 09:28:13 PM
Sheffield United
A real team to watch.

This was my prediction that was made in June, they have got great momentum under Chris Wilder, and we all need the wheels to come off sooner rather than later.

No luck I'm afraid

JoelH5

Quote from: Twig on September 27, 2017, 09:43:56 PM
Sheffield United
A real team to watch.

No luck I'm afraid

I think they'll fall away. Still very early in the season
I was there, standing in the Putney end

davew

I think Sheff Utd are dark horses to go up, they looked very good against Wednesday and I'm not sure we would beat them and of course they had another great result tonight, going to check out their promotion odds which I think will be shorter than ours...... so I was wrong they are 14/1 to win the league while we are 12/1, best bet has to be Leeds at 8/1.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Riversider

Sheffield United
A real team to watch.

Looking better by the week !

Woolly Mammoth

They have a resiliance and steel and a backbone that is definitely required. Add that to the quality and unity they obviously have.
They appear to have the right ingredients to be a side that not only will be difficult to beat, but a side that shows the consistency needed to be a dangerously force in this division.
A lesson and an example to other clubs who are wondering where they themselves are falling short.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.