watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ah, them oldies but goodies

Started by HatterDon, June 28, 2017, 10:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

I took a short stroll through our back pages on the "Have we introduced ourselves?" sticky at the top of the General Discussion page.

It was pure joy to read again the views of folks I don't see on here anymore -- especially those who have moved on to a different plane. Here's a link. It's summer, take the time to check it out. It'll be a pleasurable hour or two.

http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=7313.msg72103#msg72103
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Wearethewhites

It's funny how people move on, no fault of the Forum I'd have thought, maybe a couple, but, people move with the times, certain players leaving have an effect, some only supported us in the Premiership etc, etc. McBridefan, what the hell happened to him?

Please don't turn this into a thread about how this Forum has become, for me, it's got a lot more popular over the years, 'the' place to always come, but wouldn't it be nice to get a few of those back? Maybe they are, maybe they're under different aliases.

Lighthouse

Glad to say that many that have moved on from FOF like McBridefan are still facebook friends and still as entertaining as always. Those who are no longer with us on this plane are never far from our thoughts.  I miss many of the old names and welcome the newer ones. Even those who are always up for a fight for no reason. We are what we are and FOF remains a good place to hang out.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

AlexW132

We recently said goodbye to MJG as well, worth mentioning. Looking at some posts from 2009 or so only WhiteJC you'd consider to still be a regular poster.

HatterDon

Quote from: AlexW132 on June 28, 2017, 11:43:54 PM
We recently said goodbye to MJG as well, worth mentioning. Looking at some posts from 2009 or so only WhiteJC you'd consider to still be a regular poster.

so sorry to hear this ... he was one of the few voices I read every syllable of. Hope this wasn't health relatec.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

AlexW132

Quote from: HatterDon on June 29, 2017, 02:49:35 AM

so sorry to hear this ... he was one of the few voices I read every syllable of. Hope this wasn't health relatec.
No no it wasn't for health reasons, and he continues to be ever present on Twitter and Cottage Talk, but I believe there was a rift between him and FoF regarding his affiliation with the FST. Don't quote me on that but I think that's the reason.

WhiteJC

Quote from: AlexW132 on June 29, 2017, 08:04:12 AM
Quote from: HatterDon on June 29, 2017, 02:49:35 AM

No no it wasn't for health reasons, and he continues to be ever present on Twitter and Cottage Talk, but I believe there was a rift between him and FoF regarding his affiliation with the FST. Don't quote me on that but I think that's the reason.

the reason he left was because he wouldn't give a link back to FoF on a site that he continually advertised on the site, "we" have a reasonable? policy that if you promote another site here we'd like that site to have a link back to FoF. He thought that was unreasonable and cancelled his membership