watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Please put forward your suggestions for most momentous Fulham goal

Started by dannyboi-ffc, July 01, 2017, 03:42:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holders

Another suggestion - Fred Callaghan's equaliser at Charlton. Their programme for the day said something like "...well, it's the end of the season and a bit boring as, unlike Fulham, we're not involved in promotion or relegation tussles this year". We stayed up and they went down.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

b+w geezer

Goals like those v. Juventus, Hamburg and at Portsmouth were truly momentous, and seemed so at the time. It takes nothing away from them to say that they could not have occurred were it not for Kamara's late winner at Man City. We would not have survived to last day salvation at Portsmouth, let alone proceeded to enter the Europa League without that particular goal. So in terms of literal momentousness -- nothing to do with quality of goal -- that in a sense trumps all of those others.
Which leaves my only competitor in the pure momentousness stakes the sloppiest goal you ever did see -- from Mitchell in the last seconds of replay time in 1975. You or I could have scored it, but it took us to our only Wembley Cup Final. Pure undiluted significance.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: b+w geezer on July 02, 2017, 12:06:58 PM
Goals like those v. Juventus, Hamburg and at Portsmouth were truly momentous, and seemed so at the time. It takes nothing away from them to say that they could not have occurred were it not for Kamara's late winner at Man City. We would not have survived to last day salvation at Portsmouth, let alone proceeded to enter the Europa League without that particular goal. So in terms of literal momentousness -- nothing to do with quality of goal -- that in a sense trumps all of those others.
Which leaves my only competitor in the pure momentousness stakes the sloppiest goal you ever did see -- from Mitchell in the last seconds of replay time in 1975. You or I could have scored it, but it took us to our only Wembley Cup Final. Pure undiluted significance.

0001.jpeg
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Holders

Quote from: b+w geezer on July 02, 2017, 12:06:58 PM

I still remember the radio interview afterwards: "What exactly happened, John?" "Well, I 'it it, it 'it 'im, it 'it me, it wen' in".
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Mince n Tatties

Sean Farrell's lob over Grobbelar at the Hammersmith end..Only one Shawnie Farrell... 049:gif