more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tuesday Fulham Stuff (04/07/17)...

Started by WhiteJC, July 04, 2017, 06:52:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham Sign Djaló

The Club is pleased to announce the signing of Marcelo Djaló from Club Deportivo Lugo on a three–year deal for an undisclosed fee.

Fulham holds an option to extend his contract by a further 12 months.

The 23-year-old centre-back spent three seasons as a youth player at Real Madrid before making his senior debut in Spain's second tier with CF Badalona in 2012.

He spent the following term at Granada B before signing for Juventus in 2014. During his time at the Turin club, he was loaned back to Granada B before loan spells at Girona and latterly UCAM Mercia, where he helped the side to a first ever promotion to the Segunda Division, followed.

Speaking to fulhamfc.com, Djaló stated: "The truth is, for me it is a proud moment. It's a big club, an emblem of the city, and for me it's a proud moment.

"Quite simply, I want to be here, I want to work here, I want to grow as a person and a footballer at this great club."

Vice Chairman and Director of Football Operations Tony Khan commented: "It's not easy to find a young player who can quickly contribute to our First Team and can play an important role in our future, but we feel that we've done that with the signing of Marcelo.

"Our Club has a lot of work to do in the weeks ahead, but we very much like the addition of Marcelo and look forward to working with him."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/july/03/fulham-sign-djalo

WhiteJC

Young Lions starlet Ryan Sessegnon eyeing Euro glory in Georgia this summer

Ryan Sessegnon, pictured during training in Tblisi ahead of Engand U19s' Euro opener against Bulgaria

Proud Three Lions fan Ryan Sessegnon wants his own slice of England success this summer.

The Fulham starlet is part of Keith Downing's 18-man squad who begin their UEFA U19 European Championship against Bulgaria in Tbilisi on Monday afternoon.

The 17-year-old, who impressively chalked up 30 senior appearances for his club last season, has been eagerly awaiting the start of these finals in Georgia.

Until now, he's been cheering on the other Young Lions' sides including flying out to Croatia alongside twin brother Steven to cheer on his pals during England U17s' heartbreaking penalty shoot-out defeat to Spain in May's U17 Euro final.

And the past few months have only added to Sessegnon's appetite for success.

"Seeing the U20s win the World Cup gives us additional motivation because it shows that England teams can win tournaments," said the south Londoner, at the squad's base in Tbilisi Sea New City.

"We've struggled as a country in the past but the U20s winning gives us that belief. Those players aren't much older than us so for those to be world champions at U20 level can inspire us to be champions of Europe.

"It would mean everything to me to win a tournament like this. Winning tournaments at any level of football is good but to do it for your country is even better."

Turning to his trip out to the Croatian city of Varazdin to support Steve Cooper's U17s in May, he added: "We wanted to give them a bit of encouragement because that is my age group and I've got a lot of friends in that team so we wanted to fly out to Croatia and give them the support they needed.

"They played against a good Spain team but I think we did well. It wasn't the easiest of games but I think that other than the last-minute goal they scored, we were largely comfortable."

Ryan (L) and his brother Steve travelled to Croatia in May to support England U17s in their Euro Final

As for the U19s' own challenge out here in Georgia, which also includes the Netherlands and Germany in Group B, Sessegnon insists he's itching to get the tournament started.

"Since we've arrived we've all settled well and everyone is just buzzing to get the first game underway," he revealed. "The hotel, training pitches and all-round facilities have been good.

"We know how Bulgaria play in terms of their style and we've been working on how we're going to match that, how we're going to try to break them down. We played them recently and managed to beat them 2-1 so we hope we're able to do that again.

"Pulling on the England shirt has always been a boyhood dream for me because you're not just representing your country, you're representing your family too."

http://www.thefa.com/news/2017/jul/03/ryan-sessegnon-euro-preview-030717

WhiteJC

Ex-Real Madrid youngster Marcelo Djalo joins Fulham on three-year deal

Ex-Real Madrid youth defender Marcelo Djalo has joined Fulham on a three-year deal, with the option for another 12 months.

The Whites have agreed an undisclosed fee with Club Deportivo Lugo for the 23-year-old, who also spent two years with Juventus but never appeared for the senior team.

The Spaniard told the club's official website: "The truth is, for me it is a proud moment. It's a big club, an emblem of the city, and for me it's a proud moment.

"Quite simply, I want to be here, I want to work here, I want to grow as a person and a footballer at this great club."

https://www.clubcall.com/fulham/ex-real-madrid-youngster-marcelo-djalo-joins-fulham-on-three-1855719.html

WhiteJC

First Five On Sale

Tickets for Fulham's first five home matches in August and September are now on sale to Season Ticket Holders and Members.

The Whites kick off the 2017/18 Sky Bet Championship campaign against Norwich City at the Cottage, and also welcome Sheffield Wednesday, Cardiff City, Hull City and Middlesbrough to SW6 in the opening two months.

Ticket prices start from £25 for adults and £15 for juniors, with junior Whites also able to attend our game against Cardiff City for just £1!

Also from today, Putney End tickets for every match (Mixed Zone: P2 & P3) – aside from Millwall, Queens Park Rangers, Brentford and Sunderland – are available to buy on General Sale.

Fans can secure their tickets today online, by phone on 0843 208 1234 (opt. 2) or in person from the Fulham Ticket Office.

Buy Online
Want to secure your seat at Craven Cottage today?

With tickets becoming available to purchase on General Sale a week later, why not get ahead of the queue and secure your seat at every home game next season with a 2017/18 Season Ticket, or join the Fulham Faithful with Membership also available to purchase now.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/july/03/first-five-on-sale

WhiteJC

Done Deal: Fulham confirm the signing of 6ft 4in Spanish defender

Fulham FC have confirmed the signing of Marcelo Djalo, the club's official website is reporting.

Marcelo Djalo joins Fulham after the Sky Bet Championship side agreed an undisclosed fee with Spanish second tier side Club Deportivo Lugo.

Marcelo Djalo puts pen to paper on a three year deal with the Cottagers and Fulham have the option to extend his deal by a further twelve months when this expires.

The 23-year-old makes the switch to England as a highly-rated young defender.

The former Real Madrid academy product has played for Badalona, Granada B, Juventus, Girona, UCAM Murcia nad CD Lugo during his career so far.

After signing for CD Lugo last summer, he helped them to a 14th place finish in the Segunda Division.

With one year left on his contract with CD Lugo, Fulham have swooped and successfully poached the young defender.

Standing at 6ft 4in, Marcelo Djalo is a towering centre-back who is renowned for his aerial ability.

The promising centre-half could be seen as a replacement for Tomas Kalas.

Tomas Kalas was a star performer at the back last season during his loan spell from Chelsea.

While Fulham remain keen on signing the Czech Republic international on a permanent basis, they face competition from others.

Perhaps the signing of Djalo is an indication that Kalas will not be returning to Craven Cottage or perhaps Jokanovic is planning to partner Djalo with Kalas.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/done-deal-fulham-confirm-the-signing-of-6ft-4in-spanish-defender/

WhiteJC

Marcelo Djalo completes Fulham move
by Dan on July 3, 2017

Fulham have finally completed the signing of Spanish centre back Marcelo Djalo from Spanish Segunda Liga side Deportivo Lugo for a fee believed to be in the region of £800,000.

The 23 year-old defender has signed a three-year contract at Craven Cottage, with Fulham holding an option to extend the deal by a further year, and told the club's official website of his delight at finalising a move to England.

The truth is, for me it is a proud moment. It's a big club, an emblem of the city, and for me it's a proud moment. Quite simply, I want to be here, I want to work here, I want to grow as a person and a footballer at this great club.

Djalo, who began his career at Real Madrid and also features Juventus on a cosmopolitan CV, made 26 appearances for Lugo last season, scoring two goals. He starred at UCAM Murcia on loan, where he helped them clinch promotion to the Spanish second tier for the first time in their history, and earned a permanent move to Lugo. The former Spanish under-17 international, who can also operate as a holding midfielder, will travel with Fulham's first team on their pre-season tour of Poland this week and Fulham's director of football, Tony Khan, revealed that Djalo is 'a young player who can quickly contribute to our first team'.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2017/07/marcelo-djalo-completes-fulham-move/

WhiteJC

Marcelo Djalo joins Fulham

Ex-Real Madrid youth defender Marcelo Djalo has joined Fulham on a three-year deal, with the option for another 12 months.

Slavisa Jokanovic's Fulham have agreed an undisclosed fee with Club Deportivo Lugo for the 23-year-old, who also spent two years with Juventus but never appeared for the senior team.

The Spaniard told the club's official website: "The truth is, for me it is a proud moment. It's a big club, an emblem of the city, and for me it's a proud moment.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11681/10935004/marcelo-djalo-joins-fulham

WhiteJC

Fulham confirm signing of former Real Madrid and Juventus defender Marcelo Djalo on three-year deal

The 23-year-old joins for an undisclosed fee and is Fulham's first senior signing of the summer.

Fulham have announced the signing of defender Marcelo Djalo from Club Deportivo Lugo.

Djalo moves to Craven Cottage on a three-year deal for an undisclosed fee.

The club has the option to extend the deal by a further 12 months.

The 23-year-old, who spent time with Real Madrid and Juventus, said he is "proud" after making the move.

Speaking to the club's official website he said: "The truth is, for me it is a proud moment. It's a big club, an emblem of the city, and for me it's a proud moment.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fulham-confirm-signing-former-real-13272027

WhiteJC

Tom Cairney: Fulham midfielder extends contract, Marcelo Djalo signs

Tom Cariney's contract extension comes after speculation about his future

Tom Cairney has committed his future to Fulham by signing a one-year extension to his contract.

It means the midfielder, 26, is under contract at Craven Cottage until 2021 and the club have an option to further extend the deal by another year.

There had been speculation about Cairney's future for several months.

Meanwhile, Fulham have signed defender Marcelo Djalo from Spanish second division side Club Deportivo Lugo on a three-year deal for an undisclosed fee.

The 23-year-old former Real Madrid youth player joined Juventus in 2014 but was loaned out three times and never made a first-team appearance.

He moved to Lugo last season and his Fulham deal includes a 12-month option.

Marcelo Djalo signed a two-year contract at Lugo when he joined last summer

"The truth is, for me it is a proud moment. It's a big club, an emblem of the city," Djalo told the club website.

Cairney's new deal is a major boost for the west London side and comes after he was linked with a move to the Premier League following Fulham's defeat in the play-offs in May.

The Scotland player was signed from Blackburn in 2015 and has been voted Fulham's player of the year twice in a row, and in March was named the EFL Player of the Year at the London Football Awards

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40479950

WhiteJC

Cairney's New Contract

The Club is thrilled to announce that Tom Cairney has signed an extension to his Fulham contract.

The new deal keeps him at Craven Cottage until 2021, with a Club option to extend by a further 12 months.

In his first two seasons in SW6, Cairney established himself as one of the Sky Bet Championship's most consistent performers, and last term was the only player to reach double figures in both goals and assists.

After finishing runner-up in the Player of the Season vote for 2015/16, he went one better this time around and won the accolade by a substantial margin.

The recognition was nothing new, as he was also named the London Football Award's EFL Player of the Year, and chosen in the PFA Team of the Season.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/july/03/cairneys-new-contract

WhiteJC

Newcastle target signs new deal

Tom Cairney

Tom Cairney has signed an extension to his Fulham contract.

Newcastle United were interested in signing Cairney in January's transfer window.

And the club had been linked with a summer move for the midfielder.

Cairney, however, has signed an 12-month extension which keeps him at Craven Cottage until the summer of 2021. A Fulham statement read: "The club is thrilled to announce that Tom Cairney has signed an extension to his Fulham contract. "The new deal keeps him at Craven Cottage until 2021, with a club option to extend by a further 12 months. "In his first two seasons in SW6, Cairney established himself as one of the Sky Bet Championship's most consistent performers, and last term was the only player to reach double figures in both goals and assists.

"After finishing runner-up in the Player of the Season vote for 2015/16, he went one better this time around and won the accolade by a substantial margin. "The recognition was nothing new, as he was also named the London Football Award's EFL Player of the Year, and chosen in the PFA Team of the Season." Fulham manager Slavisa Jokanovic had been determined to keep Cairney at Craven Cottage. Speaking in May, Jokanovic said: "I expect our best players are going to stay with us – that's the information I have from the board."

Read more at: http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/newcastle-target-signs-new-deal-1-8628201

WhiteJC

The Championship: What it takes to win the league, promotion, clinch a play-off spot and survive

There will only be three sets of supporters in the Championship who will be looking forward to facing off against the likes of Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal

With pre-season campaigns at Brentford, QPR and Fulham firmly underway there is a hope amongst all fans that they can clinch promotion.

There will only be three sets of supporters in the Championship who will be looking forward to facing off against the likes of Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal.

But what does it take to win promotion to the Premier League and, for sides newly back in the division, what is needed to survive?

To make things easier, GetWestLondon has looked back at all the recent years when the second tier has had a 24-team alignment.

For title winners, we have taken the runners' up points tally and added one point to it as it would be the minimum amount of points required to win the league and then rounded the average up to the higher whole number.

We have replicated this with the third placed side, seventh placed team and the final relegation place.

Those places have been taken for the 1994/95 season when one side went up automatically and the fifth placed side took the last play-off place to retain consistency.

Below is a summary of what is required to win the league, clinch promotion, earn a play-off spot and book a place in the 2018/19 Championship season.

To win the league
In the last four years, teams have needed 90 points or more to lift the trophy but it hasn't always been the case.

Certainly in the 2012/13 season, the total points required was just 80. Looking back over the past 29 seasons, when the league returned to a 24-team format, the average points required to win the league is 88.

To gain automatic promotion
On average, the points required over the past 29 seasons has been 83, although in recent years the figure has been higher.

Brighton, when they missed out on goal difference to Middlesbrough, had 89 points.

However, in other seasons, 75 has been enough to secure promotion as what happened in the 1993/94 campaign.

To finish in the play-offs
When Wolves finished in seventh place with 78 points, that total would have been enough to finish in the top six in every other season.

They were tied with fifth placed Brentford. In other years, such as 2005/06, 68 points would have been enough to book a spot in the end of season showdown.

On average, though, 73 points has been needed to claim sixth place.

To survive
Blackburn can consider themselves unfortunate they were relegated last season as 51 points was good enough to stay up in the majority of reason years.

The most was in the 2012/13 season when Peterborough were relegated with 54 points and they have never earned promotion back to the Championship since.

It can go the other way with just 41 points needed to survive in the 2015/16 campaign.

On average, 48 points has been needed to survive.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/championship-what-takes-win-league-13272524

WhiteJC

Fulham complete signing of Spanish defender

Fulham have completed the signing of defender Marcelo Djalo for an undisclosed fee.

West London Sport revealed last month that Fulham's player analysis department were keen to sign Djalo, 23, from Spanish second division side Club Deportivo Lugo despite others at the club having misgivings.

Djalo, who was a youth player at Real Madrid and later had a spell at Juventus without playing for the Italian club, has signed a three-year contract at Craven Cottage with the option of a further year.

"For me it is a proud moment. It's a big club, an emblem of the city," he told Fulham's website.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/football-fulham-complete-signing-spanish-defender

WhiteJC

Major boost for Fulham as Cairney extends contract

Tom Cairney has committed his future to Fulham by signing a one-year extension to his contract.

It means the 26-year-old is now under contract at Craven Cottage until 2021, and the club have an option to further extend the deal by another year.

There has been speculation about Cairney's future for several months, particularly since Fulham's defeat in the play-offs in May.

He has been linked with a number of clubs, including Newcastle, but Fulham remained confident he would stay.

Cairney joined the Whites from Blackburn in 2015 and has been their player of the year twice in a row.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/major-boost-fulham-cairney-extends-contract

WhiteJC

Done Deal: Fulham make promotion intentions clear as 26-year-old pens deal

Fulham have made their promotion intentions clear ahead of the new Championship season by confirming on their official website that star midfielder Tom Cairney has penned a new deal at Craven Cottage.

The 26-year-old moved to South West London back in 2015 after a year at Blackburn Rovers, and has proven himself to be one of the best midfielders outside of the Premier League in his last two seasons with the Cottagers.

The one-time Scotland international, coming earlier this year in a friendly against Canada, bagged eight goals and laid on six assists in 39 games for the club back in 2015/16, before producing a sterling campaign last time out, netting 13 goals and laying on 12 assists as Slavisa Jokanovic's men reached the top six, but fell to Reading in the semi-finals.

And his scintillating form for Fulham in recent times cast into doubt his future at Craven Cottage, with Newcastle and West Ham reportedly interested, but news of an extension to his current deal, which will now run until 2021, is sure to thrill Cottagers fans ahead of the new Championship season.

As aforementioned, Jokanovic's side finished inside the play-off places last term but were beaten by Jaap Stam's Reading in the semi-finals, and the Fulham chief will be looking at how he can improve the squad so they can go that one step better next term and achieve a return to the top-flight.

And there's little doubt that penning Cairney down to a new deal is the best piece of business the club could have done this summer, as they clearly state their intentions ahead of the 2017/18 season.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/done-deal-fulham-make-intentions-clear-as-26-year-old-pens-deal/

WhiteJC

Best Monday ever! Tom Cairney you beautiful man! Fulham fans react to captain's new contract

Cairney pens new deal to keep him at Craven Cottage until 2021

Fulham have been linked with moves for a number of players already this summer, but keeping their current stars was always going to be one of the biggest jobs.

Teen sensation Ryan Sessegnon ended specualtion about his future by signing his first professional contract with the Whites last week and now another of their top performers from last year has done the same.

Captain Tom Cairney, linked with Premier League sides West Ham and Newcastle United among others, has put pen to paper on an extension to his current contract, that will keep him at Craven Cottage until 2021.

And the Whites fans are over the moon.

Cairney was the only player in the Championship in double figures for goals and assists last season as Fulham just missed out on promotion, losing in the play-off semi-final to Reading.

(Photo: Harry Hubbard/Getty Image)

They are one of the favourites to go up this coming season though, and with Cairney staying put they have an even better chance.

Here is the best of the Twitter reaction to the news that Cairney extended his time at the Cottage.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/best-monday-ever-tom-cairney-13272638

WhiteJC

Cairney signs new Fulham contract
by Dan on July 3, 2017

Fulham captain Tom Cairney has extended his contract at Craven Cottage until 2021, ending fevered transfer speculation about a possible Premier League move.

The Scotland midfielder starred as Slavisa Jokanovic's side stormed through the second half of the season to reach the Championship play-off places and Fulham had rebuffed enquiries from promoted Newcastle both in January and earlier this season. The 26 year-old scored 13 goals and added 12 assists in 51 appearances for Fulham last season, earning him recognition in the PFA's Championship team of the season and the winner of the London Football Awards' EFL Player of the Year award.

Cairney's contract extension – and the strong statement that goes with securing the future of the club's captain alongside their most prized young asset in Ryan Sessegon – caps off a few good days of news down at Motspur Park, where Fulham unveiled their first signing of the summer, Spanish defender Marcejo Djalo, earlier this morning. The first team head off to Poland this week, where they will play two pre-season friendlies ahead of another Championship campaign.

http://hammyend.com/index.php/2017/07/cairney-signs-new-fulham-contract-extension/

WhiteJC

Fulham complete signing of ex-Real Madrid and Juventus defender Marcelo Djalo

Fulham have confirmed the signing of Marcelo Djaló from Spanish second tier side Lugo on a three–year deal.

A former Real Madrid and Juventus player, Djalo has penned a three-year deal at Craven Cottage with Fulham holding the option to extend that contract by another 12 months.

Speaking to the club's official website the 23-year-old said: "The truth is, for me it is a proud moment. It's a big club, an emblem of the city, and for me it's a proud moment.

Djalo spent three years with Madrid and was snapped up by Juventus in 2014 after spells with Segunda División B's Badalona and Granada.

Much like with Madrid though the defender never played a senior match for Juventus and instead went back on loan to Granada, Girona and UCAM Murcia.

Djalo was signed by Lugo last summer but Fulham have now signed the defender for an undisclosed fee.

Fulham's statistical analysis team reportedly behind Djalo transfer

Djalo isn't the most recognisable of names so Fulham fans would be forgiven for not knowing who the Spaniard is.

Sky Sports is reporting that Fulham decided to sign the defender based on a report compiled by their statistical analysis team, which is headed up by director of football operations Tony Khan.

The report indicates that Fulham pressed ahead with signing Djalo despite concerns from the club's coaching staff – including manager Slaviša Jokanović – about whether the player would be a worthwhile signing.

http://www.squawka.com/news/fulham-complete-signing-of-ex-real-madrid-and-juventus-defender-marcelo-djalo/965987

WhiteJC

Sess Relishing Challenge

England kick-off their Under-19 European Championship campaign on Monday afternoon, and Ryan Sessegnon is relishing the challenge that awaits them.

The youngster was named in the squad alongside Fulham teammate Tayo Edun, and he can't wait to get going against Bulgaria.

Speaking to TheFA.com, he said: "We know how Bulgaria play in terms of their style and we've been working on how we're going to match that, how we're going to try to break them down.

"We played them recently and managed to beat them 2-1 so we hope we're able to do that again.

"Since we've arrived we've all settled well and everyone is just buzzing to get the first game under way. The hotel, training pitches and all round facilities have been good.

"Pulling on the England shirt has always been a boyhood dream for me because you're not just representing your country, you're representing your family too.

"It would mean everything to me to win a tournament like this. Winning tournaments at any level of football is good but to do it for your country is even better."

It's been a productive summer for England at various age groups, particularly the Under-20s who won the World Cup, something Sessegnon is keen to use as inspiration.

"Those players aren't much older than us," he stated. "So for those to be world  champions at Under-20 level can inspire us to be champions of Europe.

"It give us additional motivation because it shows that England teams can win tournaments. We've struggled as a country in the past, but the 20s winning gives us that belief."

England Under-17s also came close to glory only to lose out in the European Championship Final on penalties to Spain in May.

Sessegnon and his twin brother Steven flew out to support their countrymen, and he felt they were unfortunate to finish as runners-up.

"We wanted to give them a bit of encouragement because that is my age group," he explained. "I've got a lot of friends in that team so we wanted to fly out to Croatia and give them the support they needed.

"They played against a good Spain team but I think we did well. It wasn't the easiest of games but I think that other than the last minute goal they scored, we were largely comfortable."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/july/03/sess-relishing-challenge

WhiteJC

'This is the season' – Fulham fans thrilled with latest news

Slavisa Jokanovic's Fulham will go into the new Championship season as one of the favourites for promotion after finishing inside the top six last term.

The Cottagers were relegated from the Premier League back in 2014 and until last term didn't look like getting back into the top tier, but Jokanovic's side won 22 of their 46 league matches to finish sixth in the division, pipping Leeds United to the final play-off spot in the latter stages of the campaign.

However, they fell short in their quest for a return to the top-flight by losing 2-1 on aggregate to Jaap Stam's Reading, but it will be up to Jokanovic and the management team to pick the team up ahead of the new campaign, which for them begins on August 5 at home to Norwich City.

And one man that looks set to be lining up for the Cottagers that day is star midfielder Tom Cairney, who today signed a contract extension at Craven Cottage to keep him there until 2021.

The 26-year-old netted 12 goals and laid on 11 assists for Jokanovic's men last term in their rise to sixth place in the division, and it was form that attracted much interest from sides in the top tier of English football, notably Newcastle and West Ham.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/this-is-the-season-fulham-fans-thrilled-with-latest-news/