more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wednesday Fulham Stuff (05/07/17)...

Started by WhiteJC, July 05, 2017, 07:04:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Leeds Fixture Moved

Fulham's meeting with Leeds United at Craven Cottage will now be played on Tuesday 3rd April 2018 (7.45pm).

The fixture had been due to take place a day earlier on Easter Monday.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/july/04/leeds-fixture-moved

WhiteJC

Don't worry if de Roon goes Boro fans, this Fulham man would be the perfect replacement

Fulham were one of the most exciting teams to watch in the Sky Bet Championship last season, with fans of the west London side seeing the Cottagers find the back of the net a league high 85 times, equalled only by Champions Newcastle.

Manager Slavisa Jokanovic has installed an excellent brand of attacking football at Craven Cottage, and the likes of Tom Cairney, Sone Aluko and Stefan Johansen have fired the Serbs side up the table.

Speculation had been rife that Cairney would leave the club this summer, but having signed a new contract in recent days, it looks like the Scot will be wowing crowds at the club again for at least another year.

One man who could be on his way out though is Johansen, who was instrumental from the middle of the park.

The Norwegian's all round play was a joy to behold, and his contribution in front of goal was phenomenal, finding the net 11 times and laying on a further 8 goals for his team mates.

One club that may move for the player are recently relegated Middlesbrough, who look set to lose star midfielder Marten de Roon after only a single season on Teesside.

The Dutchman has done enough to be linked with a number of top sides, including Man Utd who are looking to bolster their squad ahead of their Champions League return.

New Boro boss Garry Monk will need a replacement, and may use the funds obtained from the Roon's transfer to snatch Johansen from Fulham.

The midfielder would be the perfect replacement for de Roon, and would dominate the midfield at the Riverside should he move to the north east.

Monk will crave an automatic return to the top flight, and the addition of Johansen will go a long way in achieving his lofty ambitions.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/dont-worry-if-de-roon-goes-boro-fans-this-fulham-man-would-be-the-perfect-replacement/

WhiteJC

Fulham sign Lugo's Djalo

English Championship club Fulham have completed the signing of defender Marcelo Djalo from La Liga 123 side Club Deportivo Lugo.

The 23-year-old played in 25 Segunda matches for the Galicians last season and will join the West London side on a three-year deal.

The former Real Madrid youth graduate joined Juventus in 2014 but never made an appearance for the Bianconeri as he was loaned out to Granada B, Girona and UCAM Murcia.

"The truth is, for me it is a proud moment. It's a big club, an emblem of the city," Djalo told Fulham's website.

The Barcelona native moves to Craven Cottage for an undisclosed fee.

http://www.football-espana.net/64901/fulham-sign-lugos-djalo

WhiteJC

Fulham XI Fixtures

The Club can confirm two friendly matches that a Fulham XI side will be competing in.

The side taken by Peter Grant and Mark Pembridge will travel to Grosvenor Vale to face Wealdstone on Saturday 8th July (3pm). Tickets for this match are priced at £10 adults, £6 concessions, £2 Under-18s, and free for Under-14s.

They will also take on Chesham United on Wednesday 2nd August (7.30pm) at The Meadow. Fans are advised to keep an eye on Chesham's website for ticket information.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/july/04/fulham-xi-fixtures

WhiteJC

Djalo: A Top Club

Marcelo Djalo was thrilled to have the opportunity to join a club with Fulham's reputation.

The Barcelona-born centre-back put pen to paper with the Whites on Monday, something that he says was an easy decision.

"For me it's always been an historic club, having been in the Premier League and now in the Championship," he told fulhamfc.com. "I think it's a club with a lot of weight behind its name and I believe it's one of the best in the United Kingdom. It's a top club.

"The truth is it is a proud moment for me. It's a big club, an emblem of the city, and quite simply I want to be here, I want to work here, I want to grow as a person and a footballer at this great club."

Having followed Fulham's progress last season, Djalo insists the target for the 2017/18 season is clear.

"I was watching last year," he stated. "After a lot of games it was a shame about the Play-Offs. I saw it and thought it was a great team, it seemed to be great players with a great manager.

"Last year they were a stone's throw from succeeding, so of course this year why not? They could even go further and right to the top. You have to go into the season with a positive attitude.

"I'm very excited to get to work with Slaviša and the players. He's very well known in the world of football. It's going to be a great year for me and I want to make the most of it completely."

When asked to describe himself as a player, Djalo replied: "I'm a person who likes to work hard, sacrifice myself, and I have physical characteristics.

"I'm a worker and I like to try and get on the ball, I like all of it. I like to run, and in defence I feel I'm demanding.

"My hopes, first of all is always to try my hardest as a player and a person. I hope to get to know the players and gain a lot of experience with them in the Championship, and hopefully collectively we can reach the top division."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/july/04/djalo-a-top-club

WhiteJC

Fulham, Aston Villa, Manchester United, Newcastle; who tops the list for the most beautiful UK football grounds

Which stadium do you think made the cut as the most beautiful in the UK?

Fulham have come out on top in a list of the top 15 most beautiful UK football grounds, according to Shortlist.com.

Craven Cottage is renowned as one of the most picturesque grounds in the country, due to it's location on the banks of the River Thames, and the classic feel to the stadium itself.

Writer and Leyton Orient fan Dave Fawbert said of the ground: "Yes, they might be Orient's traditional cross-city rivals, but there's no doubt that the Cottage is a wonderful, charming old ground.

"Of course, its most famous feature is its pavilion – the present-day 'cottage' (the original was destroyed by fire in 1888) – but virtually all of it has a distinct aesthetic beauty, with both the pavilion and the Johnny Haynes Stand given Grade II listed status, while the gable on the Haynes stand is one of very few that still remain.

"Of course, not only that, but the stadium lies on the banks of the Thames; you can even watch the Boat Race go by. The club have considered leaving the Cottage a few times over the last couple of decades, but we hope they never do."

Watch the video above to see what other stadiums made the cut in the 15 most beautiful UK football grounds piece.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fulham-aston-villa-manchester-united-13279305

WhiteJC

Membership On Sale

Sign up for official Fulham FC Membership today and get priority access to see the Whites' first five home league games of the season!

Fulham kick-off the 2017/18 Sky Bet Championship campaign against Norwich City at Craven Cottage on Saturday 5th August (3pm), and you can be there to watch all the action!

With home games against Sheffield Wednesday, Cardiff City, Hull City and Middlesbrough to follow in the opening two months of the season, as an official Club Member you will be able to purchase tickets to any of these games before they go on General Sale.

As an official Club Member, not only will you get priority access to see the Whites in action throughout the 17/18 campaign, but for our adult - Faithful - and junior - Formation and Fulhamites - packages there will also be plenty of additional benefits to enjoy:

Welcome Gift and Membership Card for Faithful Members, and a Welcome Pack for Formation and Fulhamites,
    opportunities to enjoy discounted match tickets at Craven Cottage,
    retail offers and exclusive competitions across the season,
    all the latest Fulham information direct to your inbox.

New for this season, adult Faithful Members will also be able to redeem £5 off all home league match tickets!*

Membership is priced at just £5 for Formation and Fulhamites, with Faithful Membership £30.

There's never been a better time to get behind the team and sign up - Membership is available to buy now online, by phone on 0843 208 1234 (opt. 2) or in person from the Fulham Ticket Office.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/july/04/membership-on-sale

WhiteJC

Malone Headed for Huddersfield?

If the speculation is correct, Fulham could be set to part-company with Scott Malone.

One news vehicle we stumbled upon, Sports Mole, is championing the suggestion that Malone could be on the way to newly-promoted Huddersfield Town.

Our reference source is of the belief that although Malone has only been with Fulham twelve months, arriving at Craven Cottage from Cardiff City in exchange for Jazzy Richards.

The 26-year-old made thirty-six starts for Fulham as they reached the Championship play-off semi-finals.

It seems that the deal could be sealed if the fee Huddersfield offer matches Fulham`s valuation.
Here at Vital Fulham we`ll monitor the situation and report back as deemed necessary.

However, with Scott being a consistent performer last season and with Slavisa Jokanovic having stated that he wants to keep the squad together to mount another promotion challenge this season, we find this piece of speculation a little puzzling.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=496701#ixzz4lw32kQdN

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: WhiteJC on July 05, 2017, 07:06:56 AM

Don't worry if de Roon goes Boro fans, this Fulham man would be the perfect replacement

Fulham were one of the most exciting teams to watch in the Sky Bet Championship last season, with fans of the west London side seeing the Cottagers find the back of the net a league high 85 times, equalled only by Champions Newcastle.

Manager Slavisa Jokanovic has installed an excellent brand of attacking football at Craven Cottage, and the likes of Tom Cairney, Sone Aluko and Stefan Johansen have fired the Serbs side up the table.

Speculation had been rife that Cairney would leave the club this summer, but having signed a new contract in recent days, it looks like the Scot will be wowing crowds at the club again for at least another year.

One man who could be on his way out though is Johansen, who was instrumental from the middle of the park.

The Norwegian's all round play was a joy to behold, and his contribution in front of goal was phenomenal, finding the net 11 times and laying on a further 8 goals for his team mates.

One club that may move for the player are recently relegated Middlesbrough, who look set to lose star midfielder Marten de Roon after only a single season on Teesside.

The Dutchman has done enough to be linked with a number of top sides, including Man Utd who are looking to bolster their squad ahead of their Champions League return.

New Boro boss Garry Monk will need a replacement, and may use the funds obtained from the Roon's transfer to snatch Johansen from Fulham.

The midfielder would be the perfect replacement for de Roon, and would dominate the midfield at the Riverside should he move to the north east.

Monk will crave an automatic return to the top flight, and the addition of Johansen will go a long way in achieving his lofty ambitions.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/dont-worry-if-de-roon-goes-boro-fans-this-fulham-man-would-be-the-perfect-replacement/

£20M+ or get out, just like with Cairney. Sad thing is that that isn't even a ridiculous statement these days. Would be gutted if we lost SJ.

WhiteJC

Sessegnon Stars in U19 European Championship Win

Yesterday, we ran an article whereby we hoped that on the back of signing a new contract Ryan Sessegnon would play a significant part in England`s opening European Championship Group B game against Bulgaria, in Georgia.

Well that proved to be exactly the case as England got their campaign open with an impressive 2-0 win.

Sessegnon was joined in the starting eleven by another Fulham youngster, Tayo Edun.

England got off to the perfect possible start when Mason Mount, of Chelsea, drilled home a low shot after just thirty-nine seconds.

The lead was doubled in the forty-eighth minute when Sessegnon was on hand to finish off a fine assist from the Nottingham Forest youngster, Ben Brereton.

England`s next Group B fixture is this Thursday when they take on the Netherlands, kick-off is at 14:30 BST.

England: 1 Aaron Ramsdale (AFC Bournemouth), 2 Dujon Sterling (Chelsea), 3 Jay Dasilva (Capt; Chelsea), 4 Tayo Edun (Fulham), 5 Trevoh Chalobah (Chelsea), 6 Easah Suliman (Aston Villa), 8 Andre Dozzell (Ipswich Town), 9 Ben Brereton (Nottingham Forest), 10 Mason Mount (Chelsea), 11 Ryan Sessegnon (Fulham), 14 Marcus Edwards (Tottenham Hotspur)

Substitutes: 7 Isaac Buckley-Ricketts (Manchester City) for Sessegnon 75, 12 Lukas Nmecha (Manchester City) for Brereton 78, 17 Jacob Maddox (Chelsea) for Edwards 83

Substitutes not used: 13 Nathan Trott (West Ham United), 12 Lukas Nmecha (Manchester City), 15 Josh Dasilva (Arsenal), 16 Darnell Johnson (Leicester City), 18 Reece James (Chelsea)

Goals: Mount 1, Sessegnon 48

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=496702#ixzz4lw3nkKmN

WhiteJC

Slavisa Jokanovic has issued a 'back me or sack me' ultimatum to Fulham over the club's transfer policy

The Fulham boss is on collision course with American data analyst Craig Kline who is running a strict "Moneyball" system at the club

Slavisa Jokanovic is unhappy over the club's transfer policy (Photo: Rex)

Slavisa Jokanovic has issued a "back me or sack me" ultimatum to Fulham .

Jokanovic has become increasingly frustrated with the club's transfer policy and is seriously concerned it could undermine their promotion chances this season.

Fulham boss Jokanovic is on collision course with American data analyst Craig Kline who is running a strict "Moneyball" system over transfers at the club.

Assistant Director of Football Operations Kline has rules in place which prevent any players over 28 being signed plus he now wants to interfere on coaching and have a member of his department sit in on team meetings.

Slavisa Jokanovic has issued an ultimatum to Fulham (Photo: Action Images via Reuters)

Jokanovic has recommended 15 players as transfer targets - including Norwich's Cameron Jerome - and he feels a mixture of experience and Championship know-how is vital for getting out of the division.

But Fulham have not acted on any of them and their only signing has been 23-year-old Spaniard Marcelo Djaló from Club Deportivo Lugo and he arrived on the basis of stats.

Jokanovic is enthusiastic with the club tying down Ryan Sessegnon and Tom Cairney to new deals but has now headed off on the club's pre-season trip to Poland without a No9 after Chris Martin's loan ended.

Ryan Sessegnon signs his first professional contract with Fulham FC (Photo: Javier Garcia/BPI/Shuttersto/REX/Shutterstock)

Fulham had Lucas Piazon and Tomas Kalas on loan last season and Jokanovic recommended keeping them but deals have not been done.

Jokanovic is hugely popular among Fulham fans and will not quit under any circumstances but clearly wants more backing over transfers and his targets to help the club be successful.

Former Watford boss Jokanovic, who was a target for Crystal Palace but stayed loyal at Fulham, has been outspoken publicly over Kline in the past and the problem has flared up again.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/slavisa-jokanovic-issued-back-sack-10737256

WhiteJC

Transfer talk: Sources in France suggest Fulham must increase bid for Bordeaux striker Diego Rolan

Whites are the only team to have tabled an offer for the Uruguayan though

The good news is that sources in France have suggested that Fulham are the only club to have made an official approach to Bordeaux for striker Diego Rolan.

The bad news is that the bid for him is insufficient and Slavisa Jokanovic will have to go back to them with an increased offer in order to get his man.

Get West London exclusively revealed that the Whites had made a bid for the Uruguay international at the end of June, but there has been no update since then.

Fenerbahce were thought to have entered the race for his signature, but according to reports in France Fulham are the only team to have placed a bid for the hitman, rumoured to be in the region of £3 million.

Emery Taisne, reporter at l'Equipe, France's number one sports newspaper, was asked by a Fulham fan about the Rolan rumours, and this was the response.

S 🇳🇿 @Bxttinelli

@EmeryTaisne Anything on Rolan to Fulham?

Follow
    Emery Taisne
    ✔
    @EmeryTaisne

@Bxttinelli Fulham is the only club to have made a bid to Bordeaux for Rolan. Very insufficient, according to Stephane Martin.
    9:20 AM - 3 Jul 2017

The question now is whether the Whites will go back to Bordeaux with an increased offer.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-talk-sources-france-suggest-13282256

WhiteJC

Jozabed Departs

The Club can confirm that Jozabed has joined Celta Vigo on a permanent deal for an undisclosed fee.

The midfielder rejoins the side he spent the latter half of the 2016/17 season on loan with, during which time he made 28 appearances.

We thank Jozabed for his efforts during his spell at Fulham, and wish him the best of luck throughout his career.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/july/04/jozabed-departs

WhiteJC

Fulham Boss Targets Jerome

Fulham manager, Slavisa Jokanovic is becoming increasingly frustrated with the club's lack of transfer activity, as he has seen 15 transfer targets so far ignored by the owners, reports The Mirror

Jokanovic seems on a collision course with Assistant Director of Football Operations Craig Kline who has put rules in place which prevent any players over 28 being signed. The Mirror also report that Kline also now wants to interfere with coaching and have a member of his department sit in on team meetings.

One of the players that Jokanovic has reportedly recommended is Cameron Jerome, as he seeks to sign experienced Championship players to help Fulham gain promotion.

Jerome though, will be 31 in August and that would clearly put him over Kline's age limit for new signings.

Sounds like something is going to have to give.

OTBC

Read more: http://www.norwich.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=496722#ixzz4lw69Lp8o

WhiteJC

Jozabed: Celta Vigo sign Fulham midfielder for undisclosed fee

Jozabed (left) featured in both legs of Celta Vigo's Europa League semi-final defeat by Manchester United last season

La Liga side Celta Vigo have signed Fulham midfielder Jozabed for an undisclosed fee.

Jozabed joined Fulham from Rayo Vallecano for an undisclosed fee in August 2016, but made only eight appearances for the Championship club.

The 26-year-old Spaniard last featured for the Cottagers as a substitute in a 2-1 loss to QPR on 1 October.

He joined Celta Vigo on loan in January, scoring twice in 28 appearances in all competitions.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40501275

Bill2

Quote from: WhiteJC on July 05, 2017, 07:06:56 AM

They speak as if he wants to leave Fulham and if he did there are more clubs than Boro who would be looking to buy. If he wants promotion he would be best staying with Fulham as TC has.