more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stats based transfer policy

Started by FulhamStu, July 07, 2017, 07:54:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexW132

Quote from: westcliff white on July 07, 2017, 02:43:22 PM
Harsh on Button, he had more clean sheets than any keeper we have had in the previous 3 seasons. he didnt set the world alight but he wasnt a disaster.

Sig hasnt adapted and can be classed as a dissapointment yet, but he could be like Ream and turn it around, this time last summer almost everyone had written Ream off

Jozabed didnt settle, couldnt speak english apparently so thats a dissapointment also, will never know if he could turn it around, but the best thing for both parties happened there
Button had Kalas and Ream/Madl in front of him, not one of Bodurov, Turner, Hutchinson, Stearman, Amorebieta, Voser, Zverotic, Kavanagh, Burn etc.

westcliff white

Quote from: AlexW132 on July 07, 2017, 02:52:53 PM
Harsh on Button, he had more clean sheets than any keeper we have had in the previous 3 seasons. he didnt set the world alight but he wasnt a disaster.

Sig hasnt adapted and can be classed as a dissapointment yet, but he could be like Ream and turn it around, this time last summer almost everyone had written Ream off

Jozabed didnt settle, couldnt speak english apparently so thats a dissapointment also, will never know if he could turn it around, but the best thing for both parties happened there
Button had Kalas and Ream/Madl in front of him, not one of Bodurov, Turner, Hutchinson, Stearman, Amorebieta, Voser, Zverotic, Kavanagh, Burn etc.
So a keeper is only as good as his defenders? I do not buy that at all.

Every day is a Fulham day

AlexW132

Quote from: westcliff white on July 07, 2017, 02:54:16 PM

No what I'm saying is that Button played crap with a 'good' defense, whereas the other keepers played crap with a crap defense. you can't really compare the goals let in.

westcliff white

Quote from: AlexW132 on July 07, 2017, 02:55:16 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on July 07, 2017, 02:54:16 PM

No what I'm saying is that Button played crap with a 'good' defense, whereas the other keepers played crap with a crap defense. you can't really compare the goals let in.
So the defence playing well had nothing to do with Button or Betts? they didnt organise them better? Also consider we played a different stlye with the other defenders and thus maybe the new lads were more adept at the tactics.

Ive said this all season, the defence plays better when the keepers are talking to them. Betts has learnt to do that, Button already had it. If you command your box then it makes defending a lot easier as you have to only worry about what in front of you not what is behind you. Betts was woeful at commanding his box the season before last, this seaosn it improived so credit to him and the coaches as he needed too, and that helped him when he came in as he played well. Button lost ocnfidence and had to be dropped after the Derby game, but then all of the back 5 could have been droppd after that shambles, but overall i wouldnt say he was a flop.

Every day is a Fulham day

The Rock

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 07, 2017, 10:10:52 AM
Well if somebody asked me who would I put my faith in if it saved my life, regarding football matters, and knowledge and skills and professionalism,  either the manager Jok or Khans sons best mate the stat man. I know who I would choose, and it wouldn't be Kline.

That's pretty much how everyone feels, except Kline. Good post.

The Rock

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 07, 2017, 10:34:31 AM
The frustration comes when the coach is quoted as saying we need a strong centre forward and defender before January window opened. At the end of January Khan junior or somebody said that he didn't think a lack of forward was a problem.

Now we know that for propaganda purposes nobody was going to say we messed up the Jan Window and it cost us promotion. But it is frustrating that as foretold. We still are still talking about the same things. Nobody, least of all Joka would have expected to lose Dembele and Ross and still be waiting for a permanent replacement. If, as a few have said, our type of play doesn't require a forward or a proper defender. Then somebody may want to tell Joka that and wonder why, despite all our goals. We still didn't go up when we were clearly the best football team.

The one thing I will say about this window so far vs. others, is those were the players we needed to keep to move forward (Dembele at least) and they were allowed to go. At least the pieces that are in place that are MUST keeps like TC etc this time around aren't going anywhere, so at least we aren't starting from scratch.

Porthogs FC

What's happening right now is exactly what happened last summer: a combination of selling players and loaning out players while others trickled in. And that was when you could argue that Joka was steaming mad about the transfer policy.

Now that we are all clearer about the transfer policy, and Joka and Kline have lived together for a year, and more deadwood is being cleared out (which the club has become INCREDIBLY good at over the last 2 years), we should be overjoyed that we have this 2 person policy for stats man and manager to sign off. Last year was a DREAM transfer window compared to our previous 6 - 10 years of transfer windows.

Last year we needed EVERYTHING in EVERY position. This year, we're down to needing only a couple things. Striker and CB's. The club is selling players that are deadwood or are making us a massive profit. This is our last year with a parachute payment. For my money, they're doing it right and I'm going to believe in their stats based policy mixed with Joka's managerial style.

Last year it got us from 20th to 6th. That's really what matters. Let's trust the process, because our previous processes were a disaster compared to this.

AlexW132

Quote from: Porthogs FC on July 07, 2017, 04:16:18 PM
What's happening right now is exactly what happened last summer: a combination of selling players and loaning out players while others trickled in. And that was when you could argue that Joka was steaming mad about the transfer policy.

Now that we are all clearer about the transfer policy, and Joka and Kline have lived together for a year, and more deadwood is being cleared out (which the club has become INCREDIBLY good at over the last 2 years), we should be overjoyed that we have this 2 person policy for stats man and manager to sign off. Last year was a DREAM transfer window compared to our previous 6 - 10 years of transfer windows.

Last year we needed EVERYTHING in EVERY position. This year, we're down to needing only a couple things. Striker and CB's. The club is selling players that are deadwood or are making us a massive profit. This is our last year with a parachute payment. For my money, they're doing it right and I'm going to believe in their stats based policy mixed with Joka's managerial style.

Last year it got us from 20th to 6th. That's really what matters. Let's trust the process, because our previous processes were a disaster compared to this.
:plus one: now is not the time for negativity

filham

I wonder if we look at a players stats when selling in order to see if we are getting a good offer.
Also wouldn't it be interesting to see Spearman's stats  on arrival and when departing.

Before sacking a manager does anyone look at Stats Boy's failures to see if perhaps his advice is the reason for poor performances