watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Yaya Sanogo

Started by hongkongfulham, June 30, 2017, 08:02:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hongkongfulham

Wondering if anyone would take a gamble on Sanogo now that he is a free agent.

I realise he did nothing at Arsenal and little at Charlton last year but seems to fit the mould of someone who could turn it around with us and bang some goals in. He became the brunt of jokes over the last few years but my gut tells me if he can stay healthy and get some confidence in him he will notch. Admittedly haven't seen much of him recently but thought he had some nice touches when he did play, despite being a bit unco on occasion.

If he is expecting 30-40k a week then it's a no go obviously but I'm not sure anyone would give that to him.

The question really is (to someone who has seen him play more than me) is he actually pants or could he be our new Cyriac?  :022:

On a side note: Moving to London in august and excited to pick up my season ticket after a life in the far east!  049:gif

bencher

I would offer him a trial and see if he fits in with the team. He has the physicality to do well in the Championship, and Wenger obviously saw something in him to bring him to Arsenal. He could be one of those players who if given a decent run in the team finds his feet and does well. He could be useful as someone to bring off the bench, but I would certainly be aiming higher in terms of the starting 11. To those that say let's give Cauley that chance instead, I would say they are not the same type of striker, and we need different types of options.

Tomo

Nope I wouldn't.. they didn't call him Yaya Sa-nogoals for no reason.

I'd rather Cyriac over him - he looked like he could be a decent player if given the right service.
"We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it." - Che Guevara

aaronmcguigan

If he done nothing at the level above for Arsenal, nothing abroad for Ajax when he went on loan only to play for the reserves, nothing for palace, a goal or 2 for charlton, what's the basis of this? He's been proven to be not up to it time and time again. Unless a trial can unearth something new , it would be an absolute crime to take him in and give him games ahead of someone like Cauley just because of a fancy name

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Newry FFC on June 30, 2017, 11:59:10 AM
If he done nothing at the level above for Arsenal, nothing abroad for Ajax when he went on loan only to play for the reserves, nothing for palace, a goal or 2 for charlton, what's the basis of this? He's been proven to be not up to it time and time again. Unless a trial can unearth something new , it would be an absolute crime to take him in and give him games ahead of someone like Cauley just because of a fancy name

Correct, we might as well give a trial to Jason Koumas.

FFCFOREVER

No thanks.Surely we must be aiming for better than this.

aaronmcguigan

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 30, 2017, 12:22:28 PM

Was wondering when his name would pop up in the usual rumours!

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Newry FFC on June 30, 2017, 12:55:40 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on June 30, 2017, 12:22:28 PM

Was wondering when his name would pop up in the usual rumours!

I know,what has the poor lad done to deserve it...lol

sunburywhite

The answer is in the name 's a no go
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

westcliff white

Since joining Arsenal he has barely played at any club he has been on loan too, if that had happened at just one of the clubs then understandable. To happen at all 3 or 4 then there are questions to ask, such as attitude, ability and team player? So for me the answer is a no
Every day is a Fulham day

Woolly Mammoth

I would rather nail my tongue to the jaws of a Crocadile with toothache, than start signing players of this ilk, who are basically driftwood. No disrespect intended to these players.
If the club are serious about promotion, they need to step it up a gear. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Just one really reliable striker with Cauley as back up please, and let it happen soon.

Jims Dentist

What is Carlton Cole doing these days??

westcliff white

Quote from: Jims Dentist on July 02, 2017, 05:46:37 PM
What is Carlton Cole doing these days??
playing in indonesia
Every day is a Fulham day

aaronmcguigan

Yaya Sanogo has just joined Toulouse with this odd welcome message

valdeingruo

Quote from: Newry FFC on July 07, 2017, 07:34:25 PM
Yaya Sanogo has just joined Toulouse with this odd welcome message

It's a meme. They're trying to be witty. Basically you find a picture of something in the air and say "the floor is________"
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

cmg

Rib-tickling French humour apart, this is good news for us as it removes from our radar, if, indeed, he was ever on it, a player who has spent more time in the treatment room than he has on the pitch by a factor of about 10, and when he does get on the green bit he's more likely to get a red card than a goal. On a free, I suppose it's what's called taking a punt.

Toulouse now list 5 centre-forwards in their 1st team squad, four more than us! One of them is Martin Braithwaite who was subject of one of those rumours a few days ago and who actually is a pretty good player.

aaronmcguigan

I get the nature of the meme. Like there's one of tom Cairney jumping, and the meme is The floor is Newcastle... understood. Toms not going to Newcastle .
Admittedly the same picture is used in another one by Newcastle who caption it "the floor is premier league..."

But If the floor is Yaya... and yaya is jumping , is he not Yaya then? Mind bending