watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Cottage Talk Interview With Dannyboi-ffc From Friends Of Fulham

Started by Russ Goldman, July 07, 2017, 04:58:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russ Goldman

If there are supporters that would like to co-host please do contact me!

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on July 09, 2017, 12:03:32 AM
Quote from: Russ Goldman on July 08, 2017, 10:53:39 PM
Quote from: Andy S on July 08, 2017, 02:27:32 PM
I think cottage talk goes on for an hour and says nothing. Does anyone remember "Clubcall" now that went on for ages and said nothing and if you were mug enough to pay cost a small fortune.

Andy, I am sorry you don't think was say much on the show but I appreciate your honesty. I want to know the good and the bad about Cottage Tallk so I can continue to make it better. Please feel free to share any suggestions you have. I hope you check out Danny though on this episode as I thought he said some interesting things.

Russ

I regularly listen and enjoy your podcasts. I also listen to other Fulham podcasts and believe being so far away, and so many of your guests being overseas that a lot is lost. I does sometimes feel like everyone agrees and from match day chats in the pub after the game that is rarely the case. Not listened to Dannyboi's yet but definitely will. I think more season ticket holders on this board should be brought in and the podcasts being more like the after game discussions in the pub would improve the podcasts. If nothing changes I will still listen and I appreciate the work you do Russ.

You better bloody listen Jon or they'll be words down the lion next season lol
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

FulhamStu

I always enjoy Cottage Talk, it has its own style and Russ does a great job.  Danny, you were really good and your enthusiasm and love of the club really came through.  By the way, I was the supporter that wrote to Russ re Parker and I 100% agree with you both in that Scott's salary was not his fault but the clubs.  To offer a guy of his age and cost a 3 year deal was bonkers and it certainly (in my view) cost the club and for that amount of money as you said, we got really bad value.  I did say to Russ that I was sure Scott did many good things and was no doubt an excellent role model for the youngsters.  Who knows, he may even have had an influence on Sess signing his new deal.  So my point was exactely what you said, he was very bad value and almost certainly contributed to us failing FFP and being unable to use our restricted finances better.   Make sure you do Cottage Talk again so, great to listen to you, well done mate.

YoungsBitter

Thanks Danny for the FoFerviews, after listening to you talk to Russ I checked them out, a good way to while away a slow summer Sunday! the Robert Wilson one was very interesting and I watched both the Newcastle and Leeds games. I understand now why everyone raves about the Mac team and how similar in terms of approach with last year's Joka team. It brought back memories of going to St James before it became the awful place to watch a game it is now; away fans in Suicide Corner at Gallowgate End, getting chased all the way through town by angry toon fans....
Like said elsewhere would be great to do the interviews on audio - use your phone!
Finally thanks for the good work on FoF!
Quark, strangeness and charm

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: FulhamStu on July 09, 2017, 03:33:25 PM
I always enjoy Cottage Talk, it has its own style and Russ does a great job.  Danny, you were really good and your enthusiasm and love of the club really came through.  By the way, I was the supporter that wrote to Russ re Parker and I 100% agree with you both in that Scott's salary was not his fault but the clubs.  To offer a guy of his age and cost a 3 year deal was bonkers and it certainly (in my view) cost the club and for that amount of money as you said, we got really bad value.  I did say to Russ that I was sure Scott did many good things and was no doubt an excellent role model for the youngsters.  Who knows, he may even have had an influence on Sess signing his new deal.  So my point was exactely what you said, he was very bad value and almost certainly contributed to us failing FFP and being unable to use our restricted finances better.   Make sure you do Cottage Talk again so, great to listen to you, well done mate.

Sorry for late reply, only just seen this.

I'm glad you've come forward mate, I wasn't expecting the question. Russ put me on the spot. I'm glad we are both on the same wavelength with the transfer and wages. It hurt us, could have been better used but it's the club's fault, not Scottys.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I Will be going on again, I really liked Russ and would love to help out wherever possible.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: YoungsBitter on July 10, 2017, 12:51:29 AM
Thanks Danny for the FoFerviews, after listening to you talk to Russ I checked them out, a good way to while away a slow summer Sunday! the Robert Wilson one was very interesting and I watched both the Newcastle and Leeds games. I understand now why everyone raves about the Mac team and how similar in terms of approach with last year's Joka team. It brought back memories of going to St James before it became the awful place to watch a game it is now; away fans in Suicide Corner at Gallowgate End, getting chased all the way through town by angry toon fans....
Like said elsewhere would be great to do the interviews on audio - use your phone!
Finally thanks for the good work on FoF!

Good man! You should post more often. This is the type of attitude I like and reminds me of myself. You took an interest and explored our history because you're interested in all things Fulham. It's on your blood mate and you're proof that pitting the effort in is worth it.

Just like at school with history there are certain periods or events that every person must be educated. Same with Fulham, this team and the Derby game especially should be things every Fulham fan learns about and wants to learn about.

I'm glad you enjoyed mate.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Jonaldiniho 88

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on July 09, 2017, 01:01:38 AM
Quote from: Jonaldiniho 88 on July 09, 2017, 12:03:32 AM
Quote from: Russ Goldman on July 08, 2017, 10:53:39 PM
Quote from: Andy S on July 08, 2017, 02:27:32 PM
I think cottage talk goes on for an hour and says nothing. Does anyone remember "Clubcall" now that went on for ages and said nothing and if you were mug enough to pay cost a small fortune.

Andy, I am sorry you don't think was say much on the show but I appreciate your honesty. I want to know the good and the bad about Cottage Tallk so I can continue to make it better. Please feel free to share any suggestions you have. I hope you check out Danny though on this episode as I thought he said some interesting things.

Russ

I regularly listen and enjoy your podcasts. I also listen to other Fulham podcasts and believe being so far away, and so many of your guests being overseas that a lot is lost. I does sometimes feel like everyone agrees and from match day chats in the pub after the game that is rarely the case. Not listened to Dannyboi's yet but definitely will. I think more season ticket holders on this board should be brought in and the podcasts being more like the after game discussions in the pub would improve the podcasts. If nothing changes I will still listen and I appreciate the work you do Russ.

You better bloody listen Jon or they'll be words down the lion next season lol

Haha. I've been really busy recently but it's very high on my list. I feel I was a bit harsh on cottage talk with my last post. I do like it and you can't help if everyone agrees. Please don't get Piers Morgan or Katy Hopkins involved just to keep it controversial. The workload Russ must go through (who also does similar for the New England Patriots, and I believe one other team) must be immense. I'm a bit of a dinosaur technology wise, but I wonder if two Fulham fans could send in their own recording of a disagreement (it's a family show so keep it clean) and that could be played on the "talk" and the panel could discuss. Probably no legs in that but a thought.