watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Khans worth

Started by charliejones141, July 09, 2017, 01:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charliejones141

I know he is very limited by FFP but Khan is one of the richest club owners in the world. Worth 8.5 billion dollars. Why doesn't he invest heavily like other owners have, Wolves, Villa. I know we do well with shrewd business but we need to sign a striker and a centre back be it Kalas or not.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: charliejones141 on July 09, 2017, 01:19:54 PM
I know he is very limited by FFP but Khan is one of the richest club owners in the world. Worth 8.5 billion dollars. Why doesn't he invest heavily like other owners have, Wolves, Villa. I know we do well with shrewd business but we need to sign a striker and a centre back be it Kalas or not.

He's worth that amount because he's a tightwad.
Pays his Housekeeper peanuts apparently, that's what all these billionaire's do,that's why they have loads of dosh and me and the wife have to fight over a tin of Sardines... :023:

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 09, 2017, 01:35:38 PM

Pays his Housekeeper peanuts apparently, that's what all these billionaire's do,that's why they have loads of dosh and me and the wife have to fight over a tin of Sardines... :023:

I would rather have sardines than peanuts.
Plus it's very difficult to get someone like Khan to spend money when he has barbed wire tied round his fat wallet.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 09, 2017, 01:54:11 PM

Plus it's very difficult to get someone like Khan to spend money when he has barbed wire tied round his fat wallet.

A tin on its way to you now(in olive oil)

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 09, 2017, 02:02:48 PM

A tin on its way to you now(in olive oil)

Isn't Olive Oil Popeyes girl friend.

Never forget your Roots.

General

Because spending and accumulating money is as straightforward as everyone suggests in this thread and being 'stingy' is such an subjective perspective.

jarv

I prefer white anchovies in oil. (Bocaroni in Spain I think).  Awesome.   087.gif

filham

My wife always gave the cat 1st choice for the sardines., I didn't fight over it as I new my place.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on July 09, 2017, 02:29:24 PM

My wife always gave the cat 1st choice for the sardines., I didn't fight over it as I new my place.

Plaice is also a nice fish to eat.

Never forget your Roots.

The Old Count

Quote from: Statto on July 09, 2017, 01:28:01 PM
he is very limited by FFP
There are ways to get around FFP.  MAF would have found a way.

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: The Old Count on July 09, 2017, 07:48:35 PM

Maf didn't want to keep spending money, think he thought he'd been stung over some transferes.

Spending loads of money doesn't mean you'll get success.
People also have short memories or don't have a clue how much he's spent on MPand also what it will cost to buy and upgrade the old BBC ground.

Let's just wait and see what signings we get in before criticising 

HatterDon

because

he is very limited by FFP  and

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

The Old Count

Quote from: HatterDon on July 09, 2017, 10:32:43 PM
because

Only if he wants to be

The Old Count

Quote from: SouthfieldWhite on July 09, 2017, 10:23:56 PM
Quote from: The Old Count on July 09, 2017, 07:48:35 PM

Maf didn't want to keep spending money, think he thought he'd been stung over some transferes.

Spending loads of money doesn't mean you'll get success.
People also have short memories or don't have a clue how much he's spent on MPand also what it will cost to buy and upgrade the old BBC ground.

Let's just wait and see what signings we get in before criticising 

I'm not criticising Mr Khan.  I am quite happy with regard to our transfer dealings over the last year. I agree that spending shed loads doesn't always work.  I'm just pointing out that adhering to the letter of the law with regard to FFP is a choice.

Sgt Fulham

He's better than most owners. I wasn't so sure until last season happened. His true test will be when we get back to the Premier league next season.

Logicalman

The fact he's worth that amount doesn't necessarily mean that it is all at his disposal.

He further has other interests, and Fulham is unlikely to be either his most valuable or overriding concern, thus remaining inside any rules is one way to ensure he doesn't suffer any further fiscal penalties other than those from his disastrous decisions taken in the first year of his tenancy as the Fulham owner.

The guy is business-successful, that cannot be denied, but many other owners are just as rich and just as unsuccessful at owning a footie team, so wealth appears to be a lesser factor than one might think when it comes to the beautiful game.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Roguewhite

I believe Khan will continue to run Fulham the same way he does his NFL team.  That is with only marginal personal funds being injected in to the club on a 'as needed basis'.   The definition of "as needed" is what needs to be laid out and explained.  Does it mean only when the facilities need fixed or upgraded?  Or does it mean only when the team is about to be relegated? 

In the meantime, I don't see a lot of Khan's personal funds being spent on a Fulham player anytime soon.  Especially with the way FFP ties a club's hands.