watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff (10/09/10)...

Started by WhiteJC, September 10, 2010, 07:48:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/2010/09/09/wolves-duo-expected-to-face-fulham/?
Wolves duo expected to face Fulham

Wolves have received a double boost for Saturday's clash at Fulham after Steven Fletcher and Jelle van Damme returned to full training today.

Both summer signings had been struggling with respective foot and ankle injuries, which excused them from international duty over the last two weeks.

Manager Mick McCarthy had expected both record club-record signing Fletcher and £2.5million arrival van Damme to be available, but their fitness was confirmed as both played a full part in training's full session at Compton as the squad returned to preparations for the Premier League.

Steven Mouyokolo was also in full training to make it the first time those three of the seven summer signings have been in full training since the season started.

But Kevin Doyle was absent after a tough international double-header, along with Michael Mancienne.

Assuming he stays fit, van Damme's place seems assured on the left side of midfield.

However, Fletcher could again be forced to play a waiting game on the bench because of the form of Doyle and Sylvan Ebanks-Blake.

The positive fitness bulletin comes as McCarthy warned his side to beware of Fulham after tipping boss Mark Hughes to continue their success story.

Wolves go to Craven Cottage looking to extend their unbeaten start to four Premier League games.

McCarthy is expecting a tough test against last season's Europa League finalists, who have drawn all three of their matches so far.

He said: "I watched them play against Manchester United and I thought they were excellent.

"Mark has been a success and I don't think him losing the job at Manchester City had anything to do with him at all.

"It was down to circumstances, which sometimes dictate you can't stay.

"You have to wipe your gob and get on with it, and he's back at Fulham and I'm sure he'll make a success of it."

Read more: http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/2010/09/09/wolves-duo-expected-to-face-fulham/?#ixzz0z6gVDOry

WhiteJC

http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=212601
Fulham - A Contented Bunch!
What a contented bunch we are!

With all the hullaballoo that`s associated with the transfer window now over it appears that we`re quite happy with our lot.

Asking the question,

Are You Disappointed We Were Not More Active this Transfer Window?

I wasn`t sure which way the arguments would sway with regards to the results, offering options that consisted of

• Only slightly

• Better to buy wisely than panic buy

• Yes

• No

I was quite impressed that only 16% went for the YES option, meaning that the vast majority of the vote, some 84% was split between the other three options.

Interestingly, 38% of you were ONLY SLIGHTLY disappointed, perhaps indicating you wouldn`t have minded another signing to pep your interest up.

A further 34% were of the opinion that it`s BETTER TO BUY WISELY THAN PANIC BUY, showing they believed last minute buys were often in danger o fbeing labeled as panic buys.

Lastly 12% opted of the NO option giving a firm indication they were well and truly happy with our lot.

Our thanks go to all those who participated. Our current poll focuses on the predicted outcome of the fixture against Wolves, this Saturday.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=212601#ixzz0z6gjUArz

WhiteJC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8984153.stm
Lawro's predictions

Fulham v Wolves

A good opportunity for both sides, I reckon.

Wolves have made a good start to the season and, arguably for the first time since they've been involved in the Premier League, they have competition for places all over the park.

But Fulham boss Mark Hughes is starting to get his squad thinking on his wavelength, building on the excellent tutoring previously done there by Roy Hodgson. They are at home, they have Bobby Zamora fit and firing - and this time they will avoid the dreaded draw.

Prediction: 2-1

WhiteJC

http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/matchprere.asp?a=212611
Fulham v Wolves Preview
It`s a welcome return of Premier League action this weekend after everything was put on hold to accommodate the international scene. Fulham restart their season with a home encounter against Wolverhampton Wanderers. Not the most attractive of fixtures I know but a great chance to get that first win of the season after three successive draws.

Vital Quotes:
Wolves arrive at Craven Cottage having not been beaten this season, much like ourselves. However, Mick McCarthy has offered some kind words about our side, remarking ahead of the fixture,

"I watched them play against Manchester United and I thought they were excellent."

"Mark has been a success and I don`t think him losing the job at Manchester City had anything to do with him at all."

"It was down to circumstances, which sometimes dictate you can`t stay."

"You have to wipe your gob and get on with it, and he`s back at Fulham and I`m sure he`ll make a success of it."

And so are we.

Fulham Team News:
Mark Hughes will be hoping that those few who were away on international duty have returned without any niggling injuries that might see them ruled out of contention. Two players who were in contention for the England squad, before pulling out with injuries, David Stockdale and Bobby Zamora, remain doubts.

If Stockdale is ruled out then we`d expect Mark Schwarzer to come in and do the business even if he is still a little sore about missing out on a dream move to Arsenal when the transfer window was still open.

With Paul Konchesky having left the building, it`ll be interesting to see if Hughes sticks with Kelly or drafts in one of his new signings and in particular Salcido.

The midfield more-or-less picks itself with Dickson Etuhu and Danny Murphy pulling the strings from the centre, although Hughes will be hoping that Damien Duff, who missed the Republic of Ireland`s two recent games, has recovered sufficiently to offer the team width on the opposite side of the pitch to Simon Davies.

If Zamora doesn`t make it, Hughes will play the excellent Moussa Dembele up front but will have to choose who to partner him with, could it be Zoltan Gera or Clint Dempsey treading slightly unfamiliar ground in the hole behind Dembele?

Definitely ruled out though, at the time of writing, are Andrew Johnson, Philippe Senderos and Diomansy Kamara.

Player to watch: Moussa Dembele

Mark Hughes appears to have uncovered a real gem here and if he can continue to show the form we all saw in the games against Manchester united and Blackpool then he has a huge Fulham future ahead of him.

Wolves Team News:
Mick McCarthy brings his squad to Craven Cottage boosted by the news that Steven Fletcher, a summer signing from Burnley, and Jelle van Damme have both returned to training after injury.

These duo were also joined by Steven Mouyokolo whilst McCarthy will be keen to integrate Kevin Doyle and on loan Chelsea star, Michael Mancienne back into his squad ahead of the clash.

One big decision awaits Mick though, does he stick with his front pairing of Doyle and Ebanks-Blake or does he give his record signing, Fletcher, a starting place?

Karl Henry will be missing though as he`s serving a suspension for a red card.

Wolves` possible line-up - Hahnemann; Zubar, Berra, Craddock, Elokobi, Mancienne, Foley, Edwards, Jones, Jarvis and Doyle.

Player to watch: Kevin Doyle

The Republic of Ireland star was a steal when signed from Reading and he`ll be a real handful as Fulham seek that first Premier League win of the season whilst also trying to maintain their unbeaten record.

Match Facts & Stats
By a strange quirk of fate both teams are unbeaten this season.

Last season this weekends visitors ground out a 0-0 draw as they sought to steer clear of the relagation places.

Let`s hope that isn`t the outcome of th egame this weekend, we could do with being entertained.

In the away fixture last season, Wolves had th eupper hand with a 2-1 win, with Doyle and Edwards scoring for the home side and Murphy getting a consolation goal from the penalty spot.

Match Prediction:
Wolves, under Mick McCarthy, are the perennial Premier League survivors, courtesy of a home record that is far superior to that of their travels (much like us some might say). They can be a dangerous side and they have some decent enough players but they have to be the kind of side that we beat. In fact I`d put it down as a seriously disappointing day if we can`t get our first three point haul of the season against this lot. I`m going for 2-0 to Fulham!

Next Fixtures:
We`re back on our travels next weekend with a trip to Ewood Park to take on Blackburn Rovers.

Read more: http://www.fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/matchprere.asp?a=212611#ixzz0z6iaNArt

WhiteJC

http://www.fulham-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/fulham_join_elite_association_556353/index.shtml
Fulham Join Elite Association
By Kevin Markey
Thursday, 9th September 2010

Fulham have been invited to join Europe's biggest club lobby.

The Guardian report that Roy Hodgson's legacy at Fulham has been further strengthened by their promotion to the big league of European clubs.

As a result of Fulham's success in the Europa League last season, Alistair Mackintosh was invited to make an application for associate membership of the European Clubs Association.

At the ECA congress this week Fulham became the 10th Premier League club to acquire membership alongside this season's Champions League contingent, Liverpool, Aston Villa, Newcastle United, Manchester City and Everton.

WhiteJC

http://www.fulham-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/bowen_linked_to_wales_job_556351/index.shtml
Bowen Linked To Wales Job
By Kevin Markey
Thursday, 9th September 2010

Fulham assistant manager Mark Bowen has been linked with the Wales job.

John Toshack is understood to feel he has taken Wales as far as he can following Friday's 1-0 defeat by Montenegro in their opening Euro 2012 qualifier. Manchester United ace Ryan Giggs, Under-21s boss Brian Flynn and Bowen are among other names being mentioned as potential successors to Toshack.

WhiteJC

http://www.sportingpreview.com/matches/10110175.php?
FULHAM v WOLVES
McCARTHY DEFENDS 'BULLY-BOY' TACTICS

Wolves were criticised in some quarters for their approach to the 1-1 draw with Newcastle a fortnight ago when seven of their players were booked.

But manager Mick McCarthy has defended the approach of his team who will be looking to maintain their unbeaten start to the campaign at Fulham on Saturday.

McCarthy said: "I think this perception that we're a team roughing people up is completely wrong.

"We're a team competing in the Premier League and you have to do it. I think people have got the wrong end of the stick.

"Let me tell you - whatever went down against Newcastle a week last Saturday will be for the other 17 teams we've still got to play here.

"Everyone else that comes here have got the same to come. It's a competitive place."

"People like to hang tags on things but don't go labelling us a dirty side. We play our football and we compete.

"We tackle properly and we're going to continue doing the same.

"If you don't stand up to it, you get beat.

"Against Newcastle, we stood up to a really experienced team who I don't think should even have been in the Championship.

"I was proud of the lads for the way we competed in both games. The Newcastle game was a tough old match - but there were no shrinking violets."

WhiteJC

http://www.cottagersconfidential.com/2010/9/9/1678987/ten-things-i-think-about-fulham?
Ten Things I Think About Fulham Football Club This Week 9/9

Even though Fulham did not play last week I certainly have plenty of thoughts regarding the Cottagers. As I will do every week I will write about the subjects that are on my mind. Below are my " Ten Things I Think About Fulham Football Club".

1.I think Fulham really need to offer Danny Murphy a new contract. According to the Fulham Chronicle, the club has not offered him a new deal. The article states he becomes a free agent in January.

Murphy might be 33 years old, but I still think he has much left in his tank. He is the captain, and a very important part of the club. I hope Fulham do the right thing, and make a new deal with Murphy.   

2. I am happy that Dickson Etuhu signed a contract extension with Fulham.  Etuhu has looked like an improved player under Hughes. He is now playing a more attacking style in midfield. I think it is important to sign your own players. Etuhu could be a big part of Fulham's future.

3. I think that Fulham need to sign Bobby Zamora to a long term deal. According to the Daily Mail, Fulham are getting closer to signing a long term agreement with Bobby Zamora. He is only 29 years old, and is currently under contract until 2012.

Zamora is a must for Fulham to lock up long term. He has proven himself to be an elite striker. It is time to pay him on that level to make sure he is with the club for a long time.

4. I am hoping to see Carlos Salcido play this week against Wolverhampton.  With Paul Koncheskey moving on to Liverpool I think Salcido was brought in as his replacement. Stephen Kelly is average at left back.

I have heard great things about Salcido, and he comes to Fulham with a fantastic reputation. I am hoping he will be able to do the job at left back for Fulham. Let's hope he plays against Wolverhampton.

5. I think it would be great to see new players Lauri Dalla Valle and Alex Kacaniklic get some action soon for Fulham.  These two young players came in the Paul Konchesky deal from Liverpool. Again, these are players that supposedly have wonderful potential. I would like to see them actually play for the first team soon.

If it is not in the Premier League games hopefully we will see these players in cup matches. Fulham are a veteran club. At some point it would be helpful to have some younger players having roles with the Cottagers. 

6. I think Alex McLeish shouldn't be airing his dirty laundry regarding not landing two Fulham strikers.  I wrote about McLeish on Sunday in a post. The Birmingham manager had no reason to discuss two players that are on Fulham. I guess he was just trying to prove to the press, and his fans that he was trying to upgrade his club. I just disagree with talking to the press about players he couldn't bring to Birmingham.

7. I think the Mark Schwarzer transfer rumors will continue until he leaves Fulham. I had a story yesterday that according to the Daily Mirror, Mark Schwarzer is planning on signing a pre-contract in January with another European club.

I really hoped the stories regarding Schwarzer would stop for awhile. I guess I was wrong. They will probably continue until he leaves Fulham at the end of the season. Let's just hope he plays well for Fulham in the meantime.

8. I hope David Stockdale is not out for a long period of time. Reportedly David Stockdale has an ankle injury that could have him out for considerable time. I think the young goalkeeper has a great future, and I want to see him get more experience in the Premier League. If Schwarzer does leave after the season the goalkeeper position could be handled by Stockdale. I am hoping this is not a long term injury. There has been no official word on Stockdale from Fulham.

9. When will Clint Dempsey be in the starting lineup again for Fulham? Clint has recently been coming off the bench a good amount for Fulham.This is a tough situation because Simon Davies and Damien Duff are both playing well. Clint is good enough to be a starter for Fulham. Unfortunately for him there might not be a starting spot for him right now. However, I do have a feeling we will be seeing a good amount of Clint Dempsey this season.

10. Fulham need a victory at home against Wolverhampton on Saturday. These are the types of games that Fulham have to win this season. I can understand getting the draws on the road, but then you need to win at Craven Cottage. If Fulham want to go far this season they need to dominate at home. It can start this Saturday against Wolverhampton.

Well, those are my thoughts for this week. I am sure next week I will have plenty to write about once again.

WhiteJC

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/7989500/Fulham-v-Wolverhampton-Wanderers-match-preview.html?
Fulham v Wolverhampton Wanderers: match preview
Read a full match preview of the Premier League game between between Fulham and Wolverhampton Wanderers at Craven Cottage on Saturday Sept 11 2010, kick-off 15:00 BST.

Fulham (Possible, 4-4-2): Stockdale; Pantsil, Hughes. Hangeland, Calcido; Davies, Etuhu, Murphy, Duff; Dempsey, Dembele.
Wolves (Possible, 4-4-2): Hahnemann; Foley, Craddock, Berra, Ward; Jarvis, Henry, Jones, Van Damme; Ebanks-Blake, Doyle.
Referee: Phil Dowd. Matches: 3. R0 Y10.

Tale of the game
Fulham could have problems, both in attack and in goal. Bobby Zamora suffered a thigh muscle against Blackpool and is out, while Andrew Johnson continues his recovery from a knee problem. And with another striker, Diomansy Kamara, also missing, Clint Dempsey could return to play with new signing Moussa Dembele.

And with Paul Konchesky now at Liverpool, Mark Hughes could give a debut at left-back to Mexican international defender Carlos Salcido.

Goalkeepers David Stockdale and Mark Schwarzer are also carrying injuries but one should be available. In addition, Philippe Senderos is out and Damien Duff undergoes a test on a calf strain.

This is Wolves' 80th Premier League game and they last won at Craven Cottage in October 1999. But if they avoid defeat for a fifth consecutive game, it will be their best ever sequence in the Premier League. They miss Stephen Hunt and test Steven Mouyokolo, Steven Fletcher and Jelle van Damme.

Last season: Wolves 2 Fulham 1, Fulham 0 Wolves 0.

Stat of the game: These teams have met twice at Craven Cottage in the Premier League and both games have finished goalless. And Mark Hughes has drawn 11 of his last 14 games as a Premier League manager.

Betting tip: Fulham are due a win; try 1-0 at 11-2.

WhiteJC

http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/fulham-fc/2010/09/10/fulham-new-boy-targets-starting-spot-82029-27236882/?
Fulham new-boy targets starting spot

RAFIK Halliche insists he joined Fuham to claim one of the coveted central defensive slots.

The Algerian World Cup star helped keep England at bay in the 0-0 draw in South Africa in the summer, and after his £1.5 million transfer from Benfica is ready to usurp either Brede Hangeland or Aaron Hughes from the Whites backline.

Halliche said: "At the end of the day, the best player is the one picked – not the one who is favourite.

"I think those games in the World Cup helped me, and I think I had a good performance against the likes of Wayne Rooney and Frank Lampard – but maybe I can do even better when I play them in the Premier League.

"I had options all over Europe before deciding on Fulham. But they were the first club from the Premiership to ask about me, and I was immediately attracted to them."

White Noise

Zamora's New Deal

Friday 10th September 2010

Fulham FC News

Fulham Football Club can confirm that Bobby Zamora has signed a new four year deal with the Club that will see the striker remain at the Cottage until the summer of 2014.

The 29-year-old joined Fulham from West Ham during the summer of 2008 and was an integral member of Fulham's most successful ever domestic season, that saw the Club qualify for Europe following a seventh place finish in the Barclays Premier League.

Zamora's form at Fulham went from strength to strength during his second season at the Cottage, as he fired Fulham all the way to the UEFA Europa League Final in Hamburg. His selfless all round game and outstanding link-up play was rewarded with goals galore, as he finished the season with 19 goals in 48 appearances.

Some of Zamora's European strikes will forever be remembered by the Fulham faithful, including his stunning goals against FC Basel, Shakhtar Donetsk, Juventus and Wolfsburg. Once again Zamora has started the 2010/11 campaign in scintillating fashion, with three goals in four games ahead of Saturday's clash against Wolves at the Cottage.

Zamora's form for Fulham has certainly impressed England manager Fabio Capello. On the 11th August 2010, Zamora earned his first international cap for England when he was introduced at half-time during England's 2-1 friendly win over Hungary at Wembley.

Zamora looks certain to gain further international recognition in the future

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/September/ZamoraDeal.aspx#ixzz0z7R0p800

WhiteJC

http://www.adifferentleague.co.uk/p6_1_4362_club-focus-wolves-doyle-buzzing-ahead-of-fulham-clash.html?
Club Focus - Wolves - Doyle buzzing ahead of Fulham clash

After the international break, in which Kevin Doyle and Algerian Adlene Guedioura hit the headlines with stunning long-range goals, Wolves restart their Premier League campaign with a trip to Fulham whose impressive home record is well publicised. Last season the Whites won 11 games at Craven Cottage, only three less than Champions League qualifiers Spurs, and this included victories against Manchester United and Liverpool. This is likely to be Mick McCarthy's side's biggest challenge so far but the task might not be quite as daunting as it seems on paper.

Mark Hughes's team are struggling injury-wise and the two players who could have caused Wolves the most problems, Bobby Zamora and tricky winger Damien Duff, are doubts for the game. The Whites are also facing changes at the back with first choice goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer struggling for fitness and with the Wolves team pretty much in a clean bill of health, with the exception of Ronald Zubar and the long term casualties, one might fancy them to be more clinical and get a victory, particularly considering that they managed 4 points against Fulham last year.

True, the 0-0 at the Cottage came towards the end of the season when Fulham had their Europa League semi-final against Hamburg a few days later, but Wolves already look a better side this time round and they also have more attacking options. There's been the usual pre-match debates about whether Mick should opt for his favoured 4-4-2 formation or revert to a more defensive approach. It seems pretty certain that the Irishman will opt to keep two up front and although some fans might fear the team will be outmuscled in midfield again, there may be more to Mick's decision than just wanting to accommodate Sylvan Ebanks-Blake in the first XI.

The statistics from last season also show that the Whites only managed 27 goals at home, and while this may have been far superior to the Black Country side's own tally, Fulham's main asset was in fact their miserly defence which conceded just 15 times. If Schwarzer and Zamora miss out, then a more attack-minded formation could hurt Fulham. They are also likely to be lining up in a traditional 4-4-2 so McCarthy's side will not have to face a bruising five-man midfield, and with Wolves strike force looking far more threatening than what Fulham have to offer, it could be a good idea to utilise this and try and get all three points. The last two games at the Cottage between the sides have ended 0-0 and whilst a draw away from home is always a good result, when the opposition could be without three of their best players, it's definitely worth the risk of playing a bit more offensive. Attacking prowess could be key and this may be reflected in McCarthy's team selection tomorrow.

One player who could have a big say in this fixture is Kevin Doyle. The Irishman will have returned to Molineux buzzing with confidence after an impressive international week in which he helped guide his country to maximum points. His fantastic 25-yard left footed strike, which curled beautifully into the top corner of the Andorra net, capped off a man-of-the-match performance and although Doyle may not have hit top form for Wolves yet, his sharpness is clearly returning. Fans will be hoping to see the striker try a few more efforts like the one against Andorra but perhaps what was most impressive was his overall play. He looked pacy, strong and, particularly against Armenia, was great in the air, winning almost every ball against their menacing centre-backs. His ability and work-rate have been recognised this week and goalkeeper Shay Given lavished praise on his teammate, declaring: " He's the ultimate team player. People should recognise him as one of the best strikers in the Premier League. For us, he is invaluable."

Steven Fletcher should be set to return to the Wolves bench on Saturday and he could be joined by new recruit Marcus Bent. The loan signing from Birmingham has been greeted with a mixed reaction from fans with many wondering why the club opted to recruit someone who has had such a poor goalscoring record in recent seasons. The striker has not scored in the Premier League since the 2007/2008 campaign and also failed to hit the back of the net during two brief loan spells at Championship sides Queens Park Rangers and Middlesbrough. Despite claims that the club should have just kept Andy Keogh, Mick McCarthy has faith in Bent and defended him, arguing: "He's big, quick and powerful and I remember when he played against us here with Cameron Jerome, he didn't half rough us up.

"He caused us problems by his presence - all the qualities he has are what defenders don't like playing against. Whenever he's played against any of my teams he's been a real handful."

Although some fans have suggested that the likes of Sam Winnall should have been given a chance instead, it is always difficult to do that when you're fighting in the bottom half of the table as younger players can take a while to settle and compose themselves at this level. Bent's recent record may not be encouraging but McCarthy did point out that he suffered from hamstring problems last season. The former England Under-21 star has got 44 Premier League goals, something which none of the current attacking line up can yet boast. As the loan is only until January, there is nothing to lose and if he's needed, then he certainly deserves a chance.

WhiteJC

http://cottagers.blogspot.com/2010/09/fair-weather-fan.html?
Craven Cottagers
Following the 2007/8, 2008/9, 2009/10 and 2010/11 seasons at Craven Cottage - recounted by season ticket holders who aren't actually Fulham fans.

Fair weather fan

Well that's my excuse for not seeing the demolition of Port Vale. The rain was incredible that night and brought to mind one of my first ever games as a Fulham season ticket holder - a very damp night against Bolton Wanderers when the elements helped Tony Warner produce a monumental clanger allowing the opposition to score.

Still the 6-0 scoreline was very encouraging as was another fightback from a losing position up at Blackpool. The real reason I've not contributed recently is a) the international week and b) we've been redesigning the magazine that I work on and it has been a huge time and resource vacuum.

There's been more ins than outs before the transfer window finished and the biggest deal was Paul Konchesky decamping to Liverpool for £3m and a couple of youth prospects. I was never a massive fan of Konchesky but he was solid and reliable and had his best season in a Fulham shirt the season just gone. Before that one too few many key goals had been conceded from his side as his concentration wavered, but I think that might have also been down to the fact that during his time at the Cottage there was never any real competition for the left back slot. He should do alright at Liverpool, but his transfer shows how problematic things are at Anfield.

To replace Konch, Hughes has signed up Mexican full back Carlos Salcido. At 30 years old, he is hardly a spring chicken but for £2m Fulham have now got an international standard defender (77 caps) who appears quite loyal given that he has only had two clubs in ten years. Apparently he is also quite dangerous going forward, so that might give the team added bite.

Another international defender who has joined the ranks is the Algerian Rafik Halliche who also comes with a good pedigree. How he will fit into the side containing two centre halves who work brilliantly together will remain to be seen, but there will be proper competition for the two positions - especially when Senderos returns. I wonder if Baird is now classified as a midfielder?

As for the two kids that arrived as part of the Konchesky deal, Alex Kacaniklic and Lauri Dalla Valle, the later has got a very good reputation - in fact Liverpool fans have been really annoyed that they've let him go. But the last wonder kid signed from Liverpool - Christopher Buchtmann - left to join FC Koln after just five months at the club. Hopefully the two new additions will be around slightly longer.

I'm looking forward  to the Wolves game tomorrow. Shame I won't be there - I have a wedding to attend in Eastbourne.

Posted by Bad Andy at 10:03   

WhiteJC

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1310775/Fulham-v-WOLVES-Deadline-day-arrival-Marcus-Bent-set-named-squad.html?
Fulham v WOLVES: Deadline day arrival Marcus Bent set to be named in squad

Wolves will include Marcus Bent in their squad for the first time for the Barclays Premier League clash with Fulham at Craven Cottage.

The striker was signed on loan from Birmingham before the transfer window closed.

Jelle Van Damme has recovered from the ankle injury suffered in a challenge by Newcastle's Joey Barton a fortnight ago.
But fellow defender Ronald Zubar is ruled out of the clash with the Cottagers with a hamstring injury.

Wolves (provisional squad): Hahnemann, Hennessey, Van Damme, Craddock, Berra, Ward, Jarvis, Jones, Henry, Foley, Ebanks-Blake, Doyle, Edwards, Stearman, Elokobi, Fletcher, Bent, Mancienne, Guedioura.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1310775/Fulham-v-WOLVES-Deadline-day-arrival-Marcus-Bent-set-named-squad.html?#ixzz0z7V0g8JM

WhiteJC

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/fulham/7994339/New-Fulham-contract-for-Bobby-Zamora.html?
New Fulham contract for Bobby Zamora
Bobby Zamora has agreed a new four-year deal with Fulham that will keep him at Craven Cottage until 2014.

The England striker's current contract was due to expire at the end of the season but despite interest from other clubs he has agreed fresh terms.

"Fulham can confirm that Bobby Zamora has signed a new four year deal," read a statement on the club's official website.

Zamora attracted interest from Liverpool and Birmingham during the transfer window and Fulham were keen to secure the future of their prized asset.

The 29-year-old enjoyed a remarkable season last term, finishing with 19 goals in 48 appearances, and was a key factor behind the club's march to the Europa League final.

His performances attracted the attention of Fabio Capello who admitted he would have been considered for England's World Cup squad but for an Achilles injury.

He did not have to wait long for his first cap, however, with Capello bringing him on in the second half of last month's 2-1 victory over Hungary.

It continues a remarkable change in fortunes for a player who only in November was being jeered by his own fans.

That reaction proved the catalyst for the form that thrust him into the England reckoning, despite initial suggestions of an international call-up being viewed as a joke.

A string of spectacular goals against Basle, Shakhtar Donetsk, Juventus and Wolfsburg, a good first touch and his strength on the ball have seen Zamora's value rocket to £10 million.

The £4.8m signing from West Ham has already scored three goals in four games so far this season.

WhiteJC

http://articles.squarefootball.net/squarefootball/2010/09/fulham-v-wolverhampton-wanderers-hughes-seeks-first-win.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Squarefootball+%28Squarefootball%29
Fulham V Wolverhampton Wanderers: Hughes seeks first win

Mick McCarthy's Wolves enter this weekend unbeaten in the Premier League and two points clear of their hosts – and history suggests they will still be come the final whistle.

The Molineux men have made an impressive start to the season, beating Stoke City on the opening day followed by draws against Everton and Newcastle United, and haven't lost at the Cottage in the Premier League. However, the Panel seems to be swaying towards the idea that the draw kings Fulham will send the Midland giants back up the M6 empty handed.

The Cottagers have recorded draws with Bolton Wanderers, Manchester United and Blackpool already this season and, keeping with the theme, their last two home clashes against Wolves have ended in stalemate. However, Mark Hughes has to win his first league game as Fulham coach soon and this could be it.

WhiteJC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/f/fulham/8988129.stm?
Bobby Zamora signs extended Fulham deal

Fulham striker Bobby Zamora has signed a new four-year deal that is set to keep him at the club until 2014.

The 29-year-old made his England debut against Hungary in August, but is currently out with a thigh injury.

A £4.8m signing from West Ham in July 2008, Zamora has made 94 appearances, scoring 26 times.

However, he came to the fore last season as he scored 19 goals to help Fulham reach the Europa League final and finish 12th in the Premier League.

Zamora, who only had a year remaining on his existing deal, had been heavily linked with a move away during the summer, with Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson a known admirer having brought the player to Fulham during his time in London.

He's massively under-rated by those who don't watch him regularly
Captain_Morgan

And he started the current campaign in fine form, scoring in the 2-2 Premier League draw at Blackpool before succumbing to injury.

That injury robbed him of a place in the England squad for Euro 2012 qualifiers against Bulgaria and Switzerland and he is doubtful for Saturday's Premier League clash with Wolves.

However, he could get a further chance to impress at international level with Jermain Defoe - so impressive in scoring a hat-trick against Bulgaria - facing three months out with ankle ligament damage.

Although he was short of fitness as Fulham lost their first European final 2-1 to Atletico Madrid, Zamora was instrumental in their route to Hamburg, notably scoring against Juventus as they fought back from 4-1 down on aggregate to win 5-4.

WhiteJC

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11681_6368028,00.html?
Zamora signs new deal
Cottagers striker signs four-year contract

Fulham have confirmed that England international striker Bobby Zamora has signed a new four-year contract.

Skysports.com first revealed that Zamora was to be offered the most lucrative deal in the club's history, something he has now signed.

The 29-year-old, who earned his first cap against Hungary last month, had been contracted to the club until the end of the current season.

The former West Ham, Tottenham and Brighton hit-man is now tied to the Craven Cottage outfit until the summer of 2014.

Zamora has made himself a firm fans' favourite at Fulham with a prolific season last term earning him England recognition at the start of this campaign.

The West Londoners have now moved to fend off potential suitors by securing his services for the foreseeable future.

Zamora was expected to be named in England's squad for their recent Euro 2012 qualifiers only to be ruled out of action due to injury.

WhiteJC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8977069.stm?
Fulham    v    Wolverhampton

TEAM NEWS
Striker Bobby Zamora signed a new four-year contract with Fulham on Friday but a thigh injury may see him miss Saturday's game with Wolves.

Fulham's list of long-term injuries includes fellow striker Andy Johnson and defender Philippe Senderos.

Striker Marcus Bent is in the Wolves squad for the first time since joining from Birmingham on loan.

Jelle Van Damme has recovered from an ankle injury but fellow defender Ronald Zubar is out with a hamstring injury.

Fulham
Doubtful: Zamora (thigh)
Injured: A Johnson (knee), Kamara (foot), Senderos (Achilles), Schwarzer (back)

Wolves
Doubtful: Henry (groin), Kightly (match fitness), Mouyokolo (hamstring)
Injured: Hunt (foot), Zubar (hamstring)

MATCH PREVIEW
No team scored fewer goals in last season's Premier League than Wolves but things are already looking brighter on the attacking front for Mick McCarthy's side in 20010/11.

Sylvan Ebanks-Blake's two goals in the first three games means he has already equalled his tally for the whole of last season, and Wolves arrive at Fulham unbeaten and in the top half of the table - a place they were unacquainted with in the 2009/10 campaign.

Fulham are also unbeaten thanks to three draws - not a bad return from two away matches and a home game against Manchester United.

But new manager Mark Hughes will want to get a league win under his belt, especially given that too many draws were what cost him his job at Manchester City last season.

MATCH FACTS
Head-to-head
• The only two Premier League meetings between these two teams at Craven Cottage have ended in goalless draws.
• Wolves have won two of the last three meetings with Fulham.

Fulham
• Fulham have begun the season with three draws.
• Mark Hughes has drawn 11 of his last 14 Premier League games as a manager.

Wolves
• Wolves are unbeaten so far this season, winning one and drawing two in the Premier League, and winning one in the Carling Cup.
• Wolves have lost just one of their last eight league games.
• Wolves had seven players booked in their last Premier League match, a 1-1 draw at home to Newcastle.

LEADING GOALSCORERS

Fulham
Zamora: 3 goals (1 league); Etuhu: 1 goal (1 league)

Wolves
Ebanks-Blake: 2 goals (2 league)

MATCH OFFICIALS
Referee: Phil Dowd
Assistant referees: Simon Beck & Stephen Child
Fourth official: Dean Whitestone

LAST LEAGUE MATCH LINE-UPS
Fulham (D2-2 v Blackpool, a): Stockdale, Pantsil, Hughes, Hangeland, Kelly, Davies, Etuhu, Murphy (Gera 80), Duff (Greening 85), Zamora (Dempsey 59), Dembele. Subs not used: Zuberbuhler, Baird, Riise, Briggs.
Wolves (D1-1 v Newcastle, h): Hahnemann; Foley, Craddock, Berra, Ward, Jarvis, Henry, D Jones (Guedioura 72), Van Damme (Zubar 56), Ebanks-Blake, Doyle (Fletcher 72). Subs not used: Hennessey, Edwards, Stearman, Mancienne

WhiteJC

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/43506/Craven_Cottage_test_awaits_Wolves.aspx?
Craven Cottage test awaits Wolves
Two unbeaten teams meet at Craven Cottage on Saturday when Fulham, who have drawn all three of their matches so far, meet a Wolves team that has taken five points from their opening three games.

It is a particularly encouraging start by Mick McCarthy's team as they had been tipped for a season of struggle to avoid relegation by many pundits.

However, the summer acquisitions of Jelle Van Damme, Steven Fletcher, Stephen Hunt and Steven Mouyokolo appear to have added a touch of quality to a squad that relied too heavily on Kevin Doyle's goals for survival last term.

Fulham have also done well following the trauma of losing Roy Hodgson to Liverpool over the summer with the appointment of Mark Hughes appearing to have been seamless.

The Cottagers do not seem to have been affected by Mark Schwarzer's on-off transfer to Arsenal either, with his replacement, David Stockdale, proving to be a more than capable deputy.

Fulham will be playing their first match since Paul Konchesky moved to Liverpool and Hughes has a lengthy injury list to contend with.

Andrew Johnson (knee), Philippe Senderos (Achilles), Diomany Kamara (ankle) will all miss the match, while Damien Duff (calf), Stockdale (ankle), Bobby Zamora (thigh) and Schwarzer (back) are rated as doubtful.

Hunt (metatarsal) is definitely missing for Wolves while Fletcher (ankle), Mouyokolo (hamstring) and Van Damme (ankle) are doubtful.

The Cottagers drew their first game of the campaign 0-0 at Bolton Wanderers before sharing four goals in a thrilling Craven Cottage encounter with Manchester United.

In their last match, Hughes' team drew 2-2 at Blackpool on the same weekend that Wolves shared two goals at Molineux with Newcastle United.

That followed an opening-day victory against Stoke City and a battling 1-1 draw at Everton.

In April, Wolves improved their chances of avoiding relegation by drawing 0-0 at Craven Cottage while earlier in the campaign at Molineux they beat Fulham 2-1 thanks to goals by Doyle and David Edwards. Danny Murphy grabbed Fulham's consolation goal from the penalty spot.