watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friendly vs Chelsea

Started by St. Andrews White, July 15, 2017, 05:41:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Last season was a revelation. One pre season friendly doesn't change what we already knew. We are not close to being as good as we were because of the players that have gone and the players we need to step up and be a challenger in the Championship. We all know this. We know that the players we have brought in so far are squad players. We need three or four more players good enough to step into the first team.

WE ALL KNOW THIS. What I don't know is why we played this friendly. Pointless being hammered. What I am having trouble with is why it takes so long to bring in players we needed in January. Even Joka stated then how we need a defender and forward. I would a keeper to that list. But we still wait.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 16, 2017, 10:09:20 AM
Last season was a revelation. One pre season friendly doesn't change what we already knew. We are not close to being as good as we were because of the players that have gone and the players we need to step up and be a challenger in the Championship. We all know this. We know that the players we have brought in so far are squad players. We need three or four more players good enough to step into the first team.

WE ALL KNOW THIS. What I don't know is why we played this friendly. Pointless being hammered. What I am having trouble with is why it takes so long to bring in players we needed in January. Even Joka stated then how we need a defender and forward. I would a keeper to that list. But we still wait.

Correct.

J.Perkins

https://youtu.be/63Nj-y3Gna8

Button, Sigurdsson and Djalo were practically at fault for nearly every goal. The high line we play worked with Kalas and Ream as they have the pace to cover it.

I definitely think this was SJ making a point. He gave Sigurdsson and Djalo a chance, but we've conceded 12 goals in 2.5 games with them on the pitch. I think Sigurdsson could well soon be leaving, and Djalo will hopefully be nothing more than 4th choice CB.

Fulham76

Quote from: J.Perkins on July 16, 2017, 10:44:58 AM

Button, Sigurdsson and Djalo were practically at fault for nearly every goal. The high line we play worked with Kalas and Ream as they have the pace to cover it.

I definitely think this was SJ making a point. He gave Sigurdsson and Djalo a chance, but we've conceded 12 goals in 2.5 games with them on the pitch. I think Sigurdsson could well soon be leaving, and Djalo will hopefully be nothing more than 4th choice CB.

Still can't defend long balls then...

Deeping_white

Quote from: J.Perkins on July 16, 2017, 10:44:58 AM

First goal is McDonalds fault, second is Ream/offside but the camera angle doesn't really do it justice, fourth had to have been offside judging the time the ball took to get there and the gap between the two players, 6 is Freddo's fault, same stupid error he made against Wolves, the first penalty is Piazon's fault, if you can actually call that a foul. I make that 5 (4 if you don't count the fourth as being offside)/8 not their fault, but by all means scapegoat during a pre-season friendly.

hovewhite

Hoping sig would have adjusted by now,as he was well shaky last season,so a bit of a flop me thinks.

Jonaldiniho 88

Really sloppy goals to give away. Some offside descisions looked dubious. A couple went through the keeper. Last season too many teams scored really soft goals against us. I'm not reading into this result at all but hope we can make teams work harder. Other teams seemed to make us work a lot harder imo.

Flume

As bad and embarrassing an 8-2 defeat is, it is a friendly, although I hope Slav gives the payers a splattering so that they can wake up and realise that if we, and hopefully, they want to get promotion, they need to do much, much better
In Slav we trust

Nero

sloppy and slow, they seem to give up after a few went in, willian is what aluko could be if he could shoot, oh and we are somewhere between the champions of England and worse team in West London (QPR)

nose

we don't pass the ball to each other and a team with their quality exposes all our shortcomings.
ayite lost possesion for their second in just the same way he did all last season, chealsea killed us as aresult, championship teams will not
the linesman clearly wasn't watchinh for two goals, we had played a very good line ut if he doesn't raise the flag.
also our team didn't look that interested....

what the game proved is a chelsea going through the motions was miles better than our half baked team.

the goalkeeper looked dreadful in the first half.....    i think we will struggle from what i saw here unless we bring in some players soon.

and did piazon give a way a a very soft penaty.... i don't think much of him anyway and that didn't endear him any further to me!

al in all a friendly so not really a big deal except the owner has a lot to answer for!  we had the chance to kick on but clearly he isn not interested.

Mince n Tatties

One good thing I had a quick glance at a few papers in the shop and the score wasn't in the results of friendlies..lol

hovewhite

Ream played left back v chelsea,whats that about?
Better suited i centre back.
It looked like,selection wise mad!

JackHFFC1990

Button really should have saved a few of them in my opinion. Djalo looks off the pace can't see him featuring much this season especially if we get Kalas back

Fulhamerica23

Quote from: hovewhite on July 16, 2017, 04:18:57 PM
Ream played left back v chelsea,whats that about?
Better suited i centre back.
It looked like,selection wise mad!

Considering our first choice was sold and our second choice away, there really was no other option. Odoi not amongst the subs, so must have a slight injury.

Just another game to get the fitness. Get the kinks out. Work on things. See where we're at. Not bothered by it. Did we not thrash Brighton about this time last year and look how it ended up?

Woolly Mammoth

We have not got the players to make a genuine attempt for promotion, with no guarantee we will get them.
After yesterday pathetic performance, there is no heart beat no hunger no desire no appetite and no team spirit yet, with less then three weeks to go.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

J.Perkins

Pathetic overreactions on here. Pre season is pre season. Writing off our season already when the team isn't completed yet is such a knee jerk reaction.

aaronmcguigan

"Off the pace",
"players weren't interested"
"Only a kickaround"
"Those players won't play in the league so no point "

What's the point in a friendly if your players are off the pace and uninterested against a local team, who started pre season later than us?
Who thought this game would benefit us/ the squad ?
Why are behind closed doors games being used if they don't have any intensity and seen as acceptable if the players seem as if they don't care?
Again why play players who aren't going to play for us ? Why not get our sh1t together and play them later in pre season .

The whole pre season needs better thought out, the training camps, the benefits of the camps, a balance beteeen playing the right team at the right time with the right players. Actual decent games with the balance of these being a fair level of challenge in terms of quality of opposition , a degree of fitness challenge, and a balance between those and fan engagement/ sponsor obligations

Far would have preferred a decent game against a Scottish or Irish team or lower league kicking lumps out of us testing us rather than this mismatch nonsense.

Woolly Mammoth

Plus why play a friendly against the this kind of opposition, there were a few round pegs in square holes, no balance in the side. So what did we learn, well the only thing I can think of.
Is that We are are further up the creek without a paddle than I thought.
Where is the Cavalry, I have scoward the horizon, and all I can fix my eyes on are people saying it will all be fine on the day.
Well as far as I am concerned, we are in the stickiest situation since sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.
Yesterday was an embarrassment, I hope the manager and the players and the three amigos realise this.
Otherwise there will no leadership and no heartbeat on the pitch when there are three points at stake.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.